This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-13-2017 11:13:08 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

If you want a good rip of the Musical plus more new art, please donate

Hey guys, I'm just gonna quote the tumblr post here. Anyone who wants me to explain anything further, just ask and I'll answer. I will be updating that post with pictures of the stuff we are putting up for grabs and if anyone can help us out, even if it's just five bucks, we would super appreciate it! Any donations should go to our paypal, emptymovement@gmail.com, and if you want any of the items, please email me at yasha@ohtori.nu.

Hey give us money plz
Okay SKU fans, here’s the deal–

Gio and I desperately want to spend $300 - $400 on the Japanese blu-ray release. Why?

BECAUSE WE WILL THEN BE ABLE TO RIP THE MUSICAL.

THERE’S SOME SORT OF HOUR LONG THING WITH THE MUSICAL AND MAYBE THE SECOND AND THIRD? WE DON’T KNOW???

Unfortunately, because this is the year of sweet merch, we already flattened our wallets getting other stuff, so we don’t have the cash to do this. So I’m proposing a deal here– help chip in, and we will make sure that the musical and anything else exclusive to the Japanese release that’s never going to show up on this side of the ocean gets mysteriously scanned, ripped, etc ad nauseam and just happens to get passed around the net here to literally anyone who wants it. As of right now, that means the musical plus that sweet copy of the back view of Utena and Anthy’s faceless red and black pics (you know, the one where they are holding hands?? etc-love ). There are also images of the series characters drawn by Saito in the box art, and apparently some new exclusive art; there’s a gigantic book coming with it. There might be more. We don’t know. We won’t know until we get our damn hands on it, is the problem!

So what we are proposing is this– donate cash to us at emptymovement@gmail.com, and we will buy the thing. You know we aren’t going anywhere, plenty of you know us in person and even have our phone numbers and address, you know you can trust us, and… well

hell, you’ve seen what we’ve done with all the art books we got, right?

https://i.imgur.com/vJeTktE.png
https://i.imgur.com/WsoKf63.jpg

We ripped them up for you, so you could have good copies to look at and edit and do whatever you want with.

Now, we realize that this is enough incentive for some of you, and that’s really freakin awesome. You know who you are, and I love you for it. But honestly… we have some unwrecked stuff just lying around here too. We don’t look at this stuff or use it at all, it just sits in our cupboard. So we figure, hell, why not give some stuff away too?

So basically, we will send one of these pieces to the first person who requests it (email: yasha@ohtori.nu) and donates (paypal at emptymovement@gmail.com) at or above the specified price (which is roughly average market price plus about tenbux for shipping, keeping in mind we’re in Canada).

Oh yeah and all of this stuff is in pretty good condition but not much of it is in perfect condition– we’ll be happy to provide pics to anyone interested, I just want to get this up where people will see it.

Miki UFO Catcher doll - $60

RGU Software Sculptors release t-shirt - we don’t know what size it is, it’s never been opened. We can open it if there’s demand but the price won’t change. It’s got the Touga/Little Utena/Saionji art on it - $60

Shitajiki/Pencil Board with movie promo art - $30

This is Animation Artbook - $50

Japanese Manga (Series) - $45

Japanese Movie Manga - $15

SPG chibi keychain - $12

Mikage chibi Keychain - $12

Chu-Chu chibi keychain - $12

File folder from the 15th (??) anniversary art exhibition, drawn by Akemi Hayashi - $25

Doujinshi (all of these are already scanned and in the gallery, these are the duplicates we had and they are in good condition):

Rose Garden - $25

Kakumei Kettou - $35

Pluie de meteores - $10

That one with snotty-nosed weirdface Chu-Chu on the back - $10

Utena no Drug - $10

And now, last but not least,

if anyone gives us $50 or more and doesn’t want any of the other things, we will totally decant 2ml of either the Anthy or the Utena perfume and send it to you

This is not a “buying�  thing. This is a “thank you�  thing. We don’t want to give away too much of the perfume, because we did buy it for ourselves, but it’s also not fair that most people aren’t going to be able to get their hands on it.  So it’s going to be limited quantity, probably a max of 10ml per bottle. It’s not a heck of a lot of perfume, but 2ml is a usable amount, and we figure it’s probably the nicest way we have of saying thank you for a bigger donation. We’re going to find a way to make the teeny little bottles pretty, too.

(As for the perfume itself, if anyone wants to know what happened/is happening there I can post about it later. We might not be able to get the Akio perfume at all…)

So yeah, there you have it. And, should we happen to go over our goal amount, the money (paypal at emptymovement@gmail.com) would be used for the domain name plus the site hosting, and to finance even more SKU stuff to buy so we can put it online. We’ve spent hundreds this year already on such content, because really now

really

do you really think we’re ever going to stop?

Spoilers:

NO

okay thanks a bunch for reading, you guys. If you want to send us cash for the japanese bluray release, you can paypal us at emptymovement@gmail.com. Please make sure to email me at yasha@ohtori.nu if you want us to send you one of the things (and mention it in the Paypal comments). I will post pics for anything people wish to see; for the most part, it is your bog-standard SKU merch in relatively good condition, with maybe a bent corner or something.

Edited to add:  hey guys I didn’t stress this enough but seriously any little bit helps, we know that a lot of people are financially rough, hell we wouldn’t be doing this if we were 100% great that way either, so if you can only pitch in five bucks please remember that makes a big difference too etc-love

oh yeah and apparently the shirt is an XL size, allegoriest was kind enough to give us pics:

https://i.imgur.com/ZRqW7Rr.jpg

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#2 | Back to Top10-14-2017 08:50:24 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Re: If you want a good rip of the Musical plus more new art, please donate

Cool! I'll try to send a little bit your way, for sure!

For reference, the Blu-ray bonus disc description lists as one of its features:

ãƒŸãƒ¥ãƒ¼ã‚¸ã‚«ãƒ«ãƒ»å°‘å¥³é ©å‘½ã‚¦ãƒ†ãƒŠ60分編集

So "Musical: Revolutionary Girl Utena, 60 minute compilation" or some such. I don't have specific evidence to back this up, but in my opinion it is 99.9% likely to only feature the first musical, since the second and third shows appear to have never been recorded. (And the third stage show wasn't even a musical.) However, that's still a lot more footage than's ever been released of the first musical, so hey! Exciting!

Also, I totally had one of those t-shirts. Unfortunately, as a skinny nerd, it... didn't quite fit.

#3 | Back to Top10-15-2017 10:37:17 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I sent some cash your way, hope it helps! i wants me some sweet new SKU content. etc-jurishlick

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#4 | Back to Top11-21-2017 10:08:03 AM

LadyButterflyNebula
Ballgoer
Website

I am so excited about this musical!  etc-jurishlick

Bless you two for keeping this site going and all the work you do!

Usubeni midarete manatsu no yo no yume yume
Tobitatsu kagerou koi kogarerou
Anata wo omoeba yume ni yume ni yume miru
Afureru yorokobi towa ni towa ni

#5 | Back to Top11-23-2017 08:26:24 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

This binch be postin' once every century

#6 | Back to Top11-25-2017 03:00:38 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

COME AND GET IT KIDS

I'm tired now I've been doing this for lots of hours, goodnight.

PS. Nanibito fucking owns.

https://i.imgur.com/zIUTlBs.gif

https://i.imgur.com/zkqvBs8.gif

https://i.imgur.com/aAkt8s2.gif

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#7 | Back to Top11-26-2017 04:26:23 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Apocalypse_Arc/38/Series_ep38_277.jpg?m=1380853207

versus

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Apocalypse_Arc/38/Series_ep38_295.jpg?m=1511693892

I replaced this entire sequence with captures from the Blu-ray. Between the fucking gigantic jump in image quality and like 15 years of Photoshop software development....it's just mind-blowing:
http://ohtori.nu/gallery/Series/Episode … /38?page=4

PS. That second image is resized down. The raws are actually 1400px wide but I scaled them down to 1000px to make the file sizes bearable. That's still just about double the size of the DVD captures.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#8 | Back to Top11-27-2017 10:32:32 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Giovanna wrote:

COME AND GET IT KIDS

Sometimes it's hard for me not to just tell you and Yasha I love you, like daily, for a month.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#9 | Back to Top11-28-2017 03:03:06 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

You're welcome to do that, it feels good to know all this effort is reaping benefits for people. emot-wink

Board footer