This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-01-2016 02:57:25 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Halloween!

Hey guys! I know it's pretty early into the month, but what are your plans for this year's Halloween? Anything from watching classic horror movies to decorating your door with a single felt bat, Halloween is super fun for me and I hope it is for you guys too! I'm gonna be dressing up as Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh at my school's dance, then probably lazing around at home with Shaun of the Dead in the background.
So, what are your Halloween plans? emot-smile

This binch be postin' once every century

#2 | Back to Top10-01-2016 05:21:59 PM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

Re: Halloween!

It's something a bit earlier than Halloween, but I'm going to be helping out with a fundraiser haunted house in a few weeks. My dad and I worked on a giant spider for one of the rooms, and starting tomorrow, we're going to set it up! Not quite sure what I'm going to do for the actual day, but pretty sure there's time to figure it out!

#3 | Back to Top10-01-2016 07:00:19 PM

Tarotgirl
New Student

I am dressing up as Snow White. I am to my Aunt's (by honor not blood) to her Halloween Party (With mostly kids, but I like kids anyway) and I am going to go to my church's festival and entering a pie baking contest. I am also going to accompany a family friend's kids trick or treating, but I am not going to get any candy for myself though. Just going for fun

#4 | Back to Top10-05-2016 01:36:11 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

@zeedikay That sounds cool! I'm not really great at building things, but the work itself is always fun. And spooky spiders are byootiful.

@Tarotgirl Sounds like an eventful day! Hope you win the contest, that sounds awesome!

#5 | Back to Top10-05-2016 05:54:00 PM

pagetheplush
Juri Jeerer
Website

On Halloween I'm going to dress up in a Day of the Dead style costume and either go trick or treating with my younger brothers and the rest of my family or throw a party at my house (if my friends can actually show up emot-confused ) Starting on day one of October I've been in the spooky mood; this is probably my favorite time of the whole year~ emot-dance

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

#6 | Back to Top10-06-2016 03:43:01 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Might do a costume for Halloween at school (i'm a teacher). Something generic like a witch. I dunno

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#7 | Back to Top10-06-2016 02:48:49 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I'm shaking up my usual Halloween traditions by camping with some friends at a renaissance faire. I plan to dress in the most risqué market wench costume possible and...do very R rated things. emot-wink

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#8 | Back to Top10-07-2016 11:05:09 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Looking forward to (probably) my last Halloween in China. These are kind of the first generation of college students who're into dressing up and stuff. Already have invites/plans for a couple different parties. Children's library wants me to do something, there, too.

Yet, oddly, this might be my least agenda-driven Halloween in ages. I'm not in charge of anything. I'm not setting out playlists or making to-watch plans.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#9 | Back to Top10-07-2016 12:02:50 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Halloween is a non-event in my country (apart from some events at bars and the like, not exactly something I care for) and ever since the horror movie marathon got cancelled, the date has become almost irrelevant to me (apart from being the birthdate of John Keats). But I will probably be watching some horror movies throughout the whole month.

#10 | Back to Top10-23-2016 12:42:22 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

So how's everybody going to carve their pumpkins? I get very competitive about this every year and make the geekiest pumpkins possible. I've carved two Utena ones, a Walking Dead one, and two Homestar Runner ones.  Now if only I didn't have jury duty Halloween morning.

Last edited by Riri-kins (10-23-2016 12:43:00 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#11 | Back to Top10-24-2016 04:16:36 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

I feel bad, because I was supposed to be introducing a new wave of teens going to America to Halloween this year. Showing them how to carve pumpkins. Making them ask for candy. Watching a scary movie with them.

Program's been delayed, though. So no go.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#12 | Back to Top10-28-2016 08:01:38 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

With my luck, I'm probably working on Halloween. So I'll slap on my cat ears, if anything.

Besides, Nekocon is later that week; that's MY Halloween.

Except with less candy.

And more booze. emot-keke;;;;;

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#13 | Back to Top10-28-2016 09:04:52 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

This morning, I woke to two things: a) my neighbor blowing up on the adult man who apparently tried to stay over with her teenage daughter in a tiny apartment, and b) about seven messages circling around, "We don't know how to throw a Halloween party! Can you come early tonight and help?"

To quote Troy McClure, "It's the part I was born to play!"

HA-LLO-WEEN! HA-LLO-WEEN! HA-LLOOOOOOOO-WWEEEEEN!

#14 | Back to Top10-06-2017 05:47:20 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN WHEEHEHEHEEE

...Well, in 25 days, anyway.

My school is doing another party, but I don’t think it’ll be as amazing as the last. Instead of later in the day, it’s gonna take place right after school, so that means no fantastic costumes (can’t wear wigs, masks, etc. during school hours). But I’m planning to hang out with friends on Halloween night.

I noticed there’s another thread about the same thing with the exact sane name, "Halloween!"  Shoulda looked and necro’d that one before I made this... Should the two be merged or left alone?

#15 | Back to Top10-06-2017 12:33:31 PM

Llarian
Miki Molester
Website

The huzbin and I are plotting Peanuts costumes this year of some variety.  We'll probably swing by my folks' place for chili and my dad's unique mode of candy delivery - he wires the doorbell down to a button near the sidewalk, and mounts a PVC pipe through the front window.  When the kids ring the bell, we shoot assorted goodies down the pipe and into their waiting bags/sacks/plastic pumpkins.  It's a good time, and we stay warm inside rather than opening the door a zillion times.

What's the point? Art is so useless. It's such a waste of time!
And it's not like anyone else ever wastes time. It's not like you spend hours in front of the television or the computer accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Oh wait.

#16 | Back to Top10-16-2017 08:07:55 PM

pagetheplush
Juri Jeerer
Website

I might be going to a party this Halloween at a friend's house! I'm not sure what my costume will be left, but my roommates and I have discussed a disney princess theme a bit. Personally, I'd rather be a villain though school-devil

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

#17 | Back to Top10-23-2017 08:40:56 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

I am dressing up as Makoto Nijima! I have everything together for it, just gotta dye my hair the day before and try not to stain anything @_@

I am also looking forward to Goth Sale Week after it. emot-rofl

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

Board footer