This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top07-22-2016 09:27:32 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Re: Steven Universe

Yeah they've been hit or miss. The one that aired tonight (Beach City Drift) was the most boring of the new episodes so far.  I guess they can't all be winners though.

True. I'd been waiting a long time to see another episode that focuses on Stevonnie, and the climax was disappointing. That said, they did a good job recreating the shots from Tokyo Drift. Also, that bit where Steven talks about Kevin as though he was hurt by a bad hookup and Greg just rolls with it was a nice touch.

The Pearl episode this week was kickass. I really love when the show explores her relationship with Rose. etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#127 | Back to Top07-27-2016 05:20:49 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

THEY WENT AND REFERENCED END OF EVANGELION WTF

Like wtf
I almost flipped when I saw the scene
I love this show XD

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#128 | Back to Top08-08-2016 09:41:51 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

YamPuff wrote:

THEY WENT AND REFERENCED END OF EVANGELION WTF

Like wtf
I almost flipped when I saw the scene
I love this show XD

Ah I loved that! It was hilarious. 

Jasper. emot-frown

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#129 | Back to Top08-11-2016 02:12:29 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

The Steven nuke has been insane so far. Some fan theories were confirmed and others straight up trashed. I was partial to one of them myself
Spoilers
[Rose as Pink Diamond was something I subscribed to for a while. When we learned quartz gems were generally soldiers, that's when I finally decided to let it go. I always assumed that Pearl belonged to her until 'The Answer'. All of the gems there seemed color coded, and in that Pearl was very much in white filter. We only saw one pearl that episode, and like her Diamond she was blue. In 'Message Received' we meet YD's pearl who is yellow. I think Pearl is white because she belonged to White Diamond.]

Anyway it's been a great summer run so far....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#130 | Back to Top08-11-2016 02:45:26 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Also, gem placement. White Diamond's gem is on her forehead's, like Pearl. Yellow diamond and blue diamond both have chest-gems, and both have pearls with chest-gems as well. Pink Diamon's gem in her mural was on her stomach area, like Rose. school-eng101

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#131 | Back to Top08-11-2016 09:52:15 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

YamPuff wrote:

Also, gem placement. White Diamond's gem is on her forehead's, like Pearl. Yellow diamond and blue diamond both have chest-gems, and both have pearls with chest-gems as well. Pink Diamon's gem in her mural was on her stomach area, like Rose. school-eng101

Yeeeees. I feel like there is an amazing amount of evidence pointing to that being true.

Speaking of the mural, it seems like the Earth and it's moon are colonized or owned (?) By Pink Diamond, or were supposed to be. Each of the Diamonds depicted are holding planet like spheres. While i'd noticed that before, I hadn't noticed that YD appears to also hold two solar systems. There seems to be some debate over whether this denotes age, dominance, or importance... I'm assuming some mix of the three

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999

#132 | Back to Top08-13-2016 03:30:24 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Melancholic_Soul wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

Yeeeees. I feel like there is an amazing amount of evidence pointing to that being true.

Speaking of the mural, it seems like the Earth and it's moon are colonized or owned (?) By Pink Diamond, or were supposed to be. Each of the Diamonds depicted are holding planet like spheres. While i'd noticed that before, I hadn't noticed that YD appears to also hold two solar systems. There seems to be some debate over whether this denotes age, dominance, or importance... I'm assuming some mix of the three

In 'The Answer' doesn't Garnet say something about the Earth being under Blue Diamond's jurisdiction? I was trying to make sense of the timeline [of Rose bubbling Bismuth and Rose shattering Pink Diamond. My immediate assumption was that Rose shattered Pink Diamond and later regretted it, hence her harsh reaction to Bismuth's shatter-weapon but my brother thought it came afterward, thus making Rose quite hypocritical.]

But yeah - I didn't really pay attention to the planets they were all holding. I'll go check out those murals again...

#133 | Back to Top08-14-2016 08:42:01 AM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

In 'The Answer' doesn't Garnet say something about the Earth being under Blue Diamond's jurisdiction? I was trying to make sense of the timeline [of Rose bubbling Bismuth and Rose shattering Pink Diamond. My immediate assumption was that Rose shattered Pink Diamond and later regretted it, hence her harsh reaction to Bismuth's shatter-weapon but my brother thought it came afterward, thus making Rose quite hypocritical.]

But yeah - I didn't really pay attention to the planets they were all holding. I'll go check out those murals again...

Yup, that's what I was thinking about too...  *does some quick research*
Okay, so the events of the answer happened 5750 years before the current time. I'll call it BSE (or Before the Steven Era) sooo...[ 5750 BSE Blue Diamond has control of the Earth, and Rose along with Pearl have sprung an attack on her. Though it's unclear if there are more CG's at this point. In Bismuth, we find out that it was around 5300 BSE (so after Garnet) since Bismuth's disappearance AND also perhaps the Strawberry Battle (Bismuth says she was just there)... buuuut the first mural that clearly depicts Rose also comes from a temple at the battlefield. In that mural there are an amazing amount of figures behind Rose, and two prominent figures beside her. Not to mention the Diamond in front of her. I took it to be white Diamond. I assumed that was the CG army and Pearl and Garnet. Even though it's 450 years in between, it seems like things escalated quickly. I wonder if sometime during that stretch Rose shattered Pink Diamond. There'seems still the time Lapis was in the mirror to consider as well...]

#134 | Back to Top08-14-2016 12:18:45 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

So complicated T____T

#135 | Back to Top08-14-2016 06:51:56 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Yeah...it really is. I have to say I really like that about this show. There's so much to try and figure out. The show alone is entertaining, but the lore....! It's great. I'm really enjoying trying to figure out who Rose is, you know, what she was really about. Every time a gem talks about her, she's this fearless and kind leader. Yet, Everytime we see her for ourselves, she's something of a goofball.

#136 | Back to Top08-17-2016 10:38:55 AM

pagetheplush
Juri Jeerer
Website

Spoiler:

[I guess you could say the lion is pink diamond theory was....shattered.]

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

#137 | Back to Top08-17-2016 01:16:09 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

pagetheplush wrote:

Spoiler:

IDk.... spoiler [[we see multiple lions in Buddy's Book... corruption is a force intentionally wielded by gems... perhaps Rose found a nicer way to corrupt shards.  I'm not totally sold on it, though.  Some of what Lion can do -having a large amount of space within himself- seems similar to what gems can already do -Pearl storing things in her gem- but some of his powers look more like what we've seen specifically from gem technology -his teleporting roars / gem warp pads-.  Then again, gems powers are somewhat intentionally determined in their creation process based on the kindergarten techniques used and the resources available, so Lion could still be both, a type of gem and a created being.]]

#138 | Back to Top08-17-2016 02:04:02 PM

pagetheplush
Juri Jeerer
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

pagetheplush wrote:

Spoiler:

IDk.... spoiler [[we see multiple lions in Buddy's Book... corruption is a force intentionally wielded by gems... perhaps Rose found a nicer way to corrupt shards.  I'm not totally sold on it, though.  Some of what Lion can do -having a large amount of space within himself- seems similar to what gems can already do -Pearl storing things in her gem- but some of his powers look more like what we've seen specifically from gem technology -his teleporting roars / gem warp pads-.  Then again, gems powers are somewhat intentionally determined in their creation process based on the kindergarten techniques used and the resources available, so Lion could still be both, a type of gem and a created being.]]

I forgot to watch that episode last night emot-aaa I guess either way it will be an interesting origin story.

Last edited by pagetheplush (08-17-2016 02:04:54 PM)

🌹Let's become like rose petals, blowing free!🌹

#139 | Back to Top08-18-2016 03:03:28 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

There has been some speculation that Lion has something to do with Steven/Rose's power of telepathy/possession. Remember watermelon Steven? Those lions were drawn exactly like Lion, who was also found in the dessert. There's something funny going on.

#140 | Back to Top08-20-2016 09:00:13 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

A theory I saw was that Lion was a normal lion who accidentally ate one of Pink Diamond's shards. I'm not sure how likely that is, but it would be interesting to see.

#141 | Back to Top10-01-2016 02:22:45 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd another hiatus :...( Come back soon crewniverse bbs...!
SU is great, it's the only currently airing show I'm watching. Who are your guys fav characters?

This binch be postin' once every century

#142 | Back to Top10-06-2016 03:46:14 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I am a slut for Pearl
you have no idea

#143 | Back to Top10-07-2016 07:07:41 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Maybe this will help a little with the hiatus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ut_WbTFsqc

#144 | Back to Top10-16-2016 07:10:55 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

Favorite Characters: In order, Pearl, Peridot, and Rose, but I love them all.

So far, I very much like season 4. My fave ep so far was Know Your Fusion because I adore Sardonyx and Smoky (the 'S' fusions are the best).
I liked watching Last One Out of Beach City (90's style teen movie! Rebel Pearl!). It gives Pearl some development, lets her find herself again, and is just fun all around. The only thing I'm not sure about is Mystery Girl. It's great for Pearl to finally move on, but I loved Pearl x Rose, and I don't want S. to just be a replacement for Rose. We shall see.
The hiatus is killing me too, but the shorts help and I've been spending time looking at fan art, comics, and memes and discussing the show with some friends.

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#145 | Back to Top10-19-2016 02:20:59 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Maybe I'm just a shit person but I'm fond of messed-up, perpetually stressed-out, hysterical Pearl.
I'd be happy if Mystery Girl was just a one-off character. I know I'm in the minority on this one...

#146 | Back to Top10-20-2016 04:30:27 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

YamPuff wrote:

Maybe I'm just a shit person but I'm fond of messed-up, perpetually stressed-out, hysterical Pearl.
I'd be happy if Mystery Girl was just a one-off character. I know I'm in the minority on this one...

You're not alone....emot-keke

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#147 | Back to Top02-11-2017 07:14:30 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

I haven't caught up with SU in a while, which sucks because I've got some spoilers from the internet emot-mad I'll get to it eventually.
I also love Pearl!! It's hard to pick a fav character, it seems like every episode it changes for me. If I'm not mistaken Yellow Diamond is back, which is rad 'cause I love those comically-villainous villains.

This binch be postin' once every century

#148 | Back to Top02-23-2017 03:20:59 AM

SaigonAlice
Tenjou Tilter

Anyway, Steven Universe kinda sucks now.

Thân em như quả mít trên cây,
Vỏ nó sù sì, múi nó dày.
Quân tử có yêu thì đóng cọc,
Xin đừng mân mó nhựa ra tay. - Hồ Xuân Hương

#149 | Back to Top02-23-2017 02:19:56 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Does it? I'm still loving it

I think sometimes it's easy to forget how shit a lot of the first season was after binge watching it, then having to go through hiatus hell one by one and getting a Ronaldo episodes after a five week wait. But overall I think it's just gotten better.

Last edited by YamPuff (02-25-2017 06:04:22 AM)

#150 | Back to Top02-25-2017 07:23:14 AM

itavin
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I just saw rocknaldo. Lets just say I wanted to rockill myself.  One of the worst su  episodes to air, even with the nice first 3 minutes(satire on how everyone thinks lesbians act like), but the rest are painful to watch and I hope we can all forget that it existed. Sure su is getting better with time, but this is a new low like that one dumb episode in sailor moon super s with minako and hawk eye and tigers eye conflict. Its that dumb.

Last edited by itavin (02-25-2017 07:23:30 AM)

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Board footer