This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-26-2015 03:52:21 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Give/Get Literature Reviews/Crits

Right, it was suggested we could start a thread like this, so I volunteered! etc-love

Basically, you can ask for reviews or critiques of your work here and hopefully give reviews and critiques in return! Little mini writers' forum.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#2 | Back to Top05-28-2015 03:00:24 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Give/Get Literature Reviews/Crits

Volunteering for critiques! I'll do short stories, but don't ask me about poetry. I have no romance in my soul. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top05-28-2015 05:31:00 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

I should be able to take on a bit more. I can do any type of work, be it poetry, prose, short story, or tl;dr. I work as an editor, so you can expect good grammar and thorough examinations. emot-dance

#4 | Back to Top05-30-2015 03:47:22 PM

pschreiber
Saionji Slapper

Just came to say I love this idea. I'm trying to get into writing. Its still effing hard, but I hope it does get easier w/ time.

Also I'm writing primarily in portuguese but I would love if you would help me with the english skills.
Thanks for these very cool idea. Lets get 'em coming.

Cheers.

#5 | Back to Top06-03-2015 04:51:54 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Welp, now YamPuff can tell you how mean and awful I am and warn you all away from me emot-keke

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top06-21-2015 03:50:31 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Hardly "literature", but what the hell. my Evangelion fanfic. I'd be happy to get some feedback, and more than willing to provide some in return.

#7 | Back to Top06-23-2015 12:36:29 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's a bit long for me to feel comfortable reading it over, I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish it. Is this a possibility for anyone else?

#8 | Back to Top08-06-2015 11:11:21 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

This is a pretty interesting list of writing prompts that made me want to pick up a pen. I haven't written anything in ages, though, and even when I did it was for school.

But I know a lot of you are avid writers so I thought I could share. Maybe put up an IRG challenge to see who can come up with what?

#9 | Back to Top08-18-2015 06:26:52 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh man, I've got challenges coming out my ears, but they're all for long stories. I will definitely check this out, but if I write something, it'll be posted here school-freud FOR SURE school-freud

#10 | Back to Top08-26-2015 06:26:47 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Welp. It's done.

Say something. Anything. Please.

#11 | Back to Top09-07-2015 09:12:29 PM

pschreiber
Saionji Slapper

I am thinking about posting some writings on the internet to get my story going, see if I can get some readers/crits etc.
So I was wondering if you could help me w/ two questions:

What do you ppl think is the best platform for this kind of thing (posting fiction stories)?

Also, I was wondering if the fanfic.net would be a good website for posting original stuff and not.. well.. fanfiction.

Ty ppl. etc-love

#12 | Back to Top09-08-2015 06:36:10 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

pschreiber, there are online writing groups you could probably join for some of that, especially if you're on facebook, but honestly - and I'd recommend this to anyone - if it's your own stuff and not fic, you might as well send it out to magazines or websites. Start with the no-pay stuff, but submit. You'll get good, honest feedback from editors, if you do get feedback, as opposed to comments from Jane Doe whose qualification for criticizing your hard-written, deeply personal story might otherwise chew at you.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#13 | Back to Top09-12-2015 10:49:45 AM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

I've been looking at this thread for a while, and I'm finally going to try this out. This is something that's admittedly almost a year old by now, but I still was proud of what I wrote out. It's sort of a crossover between SKU and... yes, Catscratch. I just managed to get this bit of Ordinary World/ Crossing the Threshold written out, and I'm just wondering if it'd be worthwhile to continue it in any form.

Here's the piece in question. (Here)

#14 | Back to Top09-12-2015 11:53:34 AM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

pschreiber, there are online writing groups you could probably join for some of that, especially if you're on facebook, but honestly - and I'd recommend this to anyone - if it's your own stuff and not fic, you might as well send it out to magazines or websites. Start with the no-pay stuff, but submit. You'll get good, honest feedback from editors, if you do get feedback, as opposed to comments from Jane Doe whose qualification for criticizing your hard-written, deeply personal story might otherwise chew at you.

I thought that deeply personal stuff was what this thread was for. I was kind of sheepish about posting a link to my shitty fanfic.

Maybe we ought to do a split, one for proper literature and one for fanfics etc.

#15 | Back to Top09-12-2015 10:31:08 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Atropos wrote:

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

I thought that deeply personal stuff was what this thread was for. I was kind of sheepish about posting a link to my shitty fanfic.

Maybe we ought to do a split, one for proper literature and one for fanfics etc.

Sorry, I meant that in response to them asking for other places. I think here is good for both, but when you get outside of here, fic is good for repositories like fanfic.net, while original stuff probably has better chance to reach people, particularly people who'll respond, through different venues. And the other way 'round, too.

BTW, I've been reading your posted fic. I've got some criticisms and some questions, but it ain't shitty.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#16 | Back to Top09-13-2015 07:13:11 PM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Not sure how appropriate it is to post this here, but I've been working on what will be a rather lengthy Final Fantasy 6/13 crossover fanfiction if anyone wants to give it a look. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11474843/1/Worlds-in-Ruin

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus's life, it has only just begun
This is how it feel to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave

Board footer