This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-24-2016 03:47:41 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

Re: Utena Novel 2: Midori no Omoi

I saw them and they're great!
Will be downloading for sure.

Also about the 'Komuro' of the anime world' bit, you are correct. I have a copy of the first US edition of volume 3, and the same reference is made.

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#52 | Back to Top10-28-2016 07:59:26 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Anyone gotten these to work on Kindle yet? I wanna grab them, but I dunno if they'd work with the app -- plus, I have little idea how to get them on my phone in the first place, other than possibly sideloading... emot-confused

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#53 | Back to Top10-28-2016 09:57:47 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

onsenmark wrote:

Anyone gotten these to work on Kindle yet? I wanna grab them, but I dunno if they'd work with the app -- plus, I have little idea how to get them on my phone in the first place, other than possibly sideloading... emot-confused

Well, Gio put them up as MOBIs, and that's the format Kindle uses. I don't know why it would be a problem to load it on. I use the program Calibre for that, but can you just hook up the Kindle to your computer and manually drag the MOBI into the appropriate drive?

#54 | Back to Top10-29-2016 02:19:58 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I can't confirm since I don't have a Kindle myself, but the MOBI was made in Calibre and is Amazon's native format. So it should work with no problems?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#55 | Back to Top11-09-2016 05:53:48 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Dallbun wrote:

onsenmark wrote:

Well, Gio put them up as MOBIs, and that's the format Kindle uses. I don't know why it would be a problem to load it on. I use the program Calibre for that, but can you just hook up the Kindle to your computer and manually drag the MOBI into the appropriate drive?

I don't have a Kindle per se, but I do have the app on my phone. That's why I asked -- will it work on the app version(I presume so, but better safe than sorry.)?

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#56 | Back to Top11-09-2016 08:34:22 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

onsenmark wrote:

I don't have a Kindle per se, but I do have the app on my phone. That's why I asked -- will it work on the app version(I presume so, but better safe than sorry.)?

I'm not sure what dire consequences you're expecting to be sorry for if it doesn't work, but again, .mobi is the format that Kindle uses. If your Kindle app doesn't support mobi files, I don't know what to tell you.

#57 | Back to Top11-10-2016 09:06:55 AM

cscratch
Anthy Assailer
Website

As a Kindle device & app user, I can confirm the .mobi files work both on the device & the app (and they look super snazzy too!).

To get the files onto your phone, you could just drag & drop them for android. 

However, I find the easiest way for me get .mobi files from out in the world onto either the phone or ereader is to email the files to my Amazon account so they are stored in the cloud.  By doing it this way, I can later pull them into any Amazon ereader (vs having to manually move it when changing phones; I always forget) & it tracks where I was in the book across multiple devices just like Kindle books you buy from Amazon.

To do this, open the app & go to Settings. Make sure the the check box under 'Data Storage Access' is checked.  Then copy the email address under 'Personal Documents' & send an email to that address with the .mobi files attached.  You don't have to put anything else in the email (header/body text, etc.)   After about five or so minutes, open the app up again & Sync the device.  The files should pop up in the menu with all your other Kindle content.

To later manage or delete any items that you may have emailed, login to your Amazon account & look for 'Manage Your Content & Devices.'  Once here, click 'Docs' in the 'Show' dropdown menu, which should be all the things or books you have emailed in this way.

I hope this helps! emot-dance

Board footer