This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-21-2007 12:25:26 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Got a kitty? A doggy? Well watch what you're feedin' em...huge recall!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/ … 40080.html (Article)

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/ (Lists the brands being recalled, you can check the dates and product name here.)

I heard about this on the Something Awful forums and thought it'd be worth mention here since a lot of you have kitties. emot-frown There's a massive recall of dog and cat food after a bunch of pets suffered kidney failure, and at least 10 died. Check and make sure this doesn't apply to anything you've been feeding yours! Dead doggies and kitties are bad. emot-frown

Amazing how many brands all come from the same place, though... Makes you wonder about paying the extra for the good stuff if it's made from the same meat the cheap trash is made with.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top03-21-2007 12:45:46 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Re: Got a kitty? A doggy? Well watch what you're feedin' em...huge recall!

I heard about that from my friend earlier today. He bought that same food for his cat Shadow, but luckily he didn't feed it to her.

Poor kitties... emot-frown

#3 | Back to Top03-21-2007 01:10:59 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It totally slipped my mind to post this last night. Thanks for catching that, Gio. I'm going to tell everyone I know in real life...

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top03-21-2007 01:29:25 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

no scientificly enhanced food for our cats, its friskies for them.....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#5 | Back to Top03-21-2007 11:03:38 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'm stickying this for a while. I'd hate to have this happen to anyone on the forums.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top03-21-2007 11:07:41 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

A friend posted this article a few days ago. emot-frown I showed my sister and we immediately checked the list and the catfood we had for any matching brands (Mom always buys what is on sale, so it's always different) and we had "Special kitty" dry catfood, which was on the list.

..sadly, I didn't know that the article is only talking about wet catfood, so we threw the old catfood out in the dumbster and went to the grocery store and I spent my last dollars on a big bag of "Meow Mix"

Oh, well.

I hope everyone's doggies and kitties are okay. emot-frown

Giovanna wrote:

Amazing how many brands all come from the same place, though... Makes you wonder about paying the extra for the good stuff if it's made from the same meat the cheap trash is made with.

That is very scary. emot-gonk

Although, when I looked at the list.. most of the brands seemed to be store brands and the cheap brands. I didn't notice more expensive brands, such as Meox Mix and Deli cat. Then again, I don't have any knowledge about most of those brands, so correct me if I'm wrong. (Although, I did notice Iams.. strange. Aren't they a pretty "good", expensive brand?)

Last edited by SleepDebtFairy (03-21-2007 11:19:27 PM)

#7 | Back to Top03-21-2007 11:22:03 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Well you should feed your dogs this dogfood then, they'll LOVE you for it. school-devil

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/soylentgreen_dogfood.jpg

Its packed full of vitamins plus the secret ingredient that growing guard dogs need to become extra vicious.

Last edited by Tamago (03-22-2007 12:34:18 AM)

#8 | Back to Top03-22-2007 12:12:09 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Although, I did notice Iams.. strange. Aren't they a pretty "good", expensive brand?

I believe they are, actually. I notice their ads in magazines from time to time. I have had a vet tell me not to bother with them, though, so maybe they aren't all that great.

#9 | Back to Top03-22-2007 12:42:17 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Ah, Comedy God to the rescue, helping us laugh at something that would be way too depressing otherwise. Thanks, Tamago.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#10 | Back to Top03-22-2007 12:48:47 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Ah, Comedy God to the rescue, helping us laugh at something that would be way too depressing otherwise. Thanks, Tamago.

Well its good to know that my inability to stay vertical for too long hasn't affected my sense of humour too much. emot-keke

#11 | Back to Top03-22-2007 12:57:54 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Tamago wrote:

Well its good to know that my inability to stay vertical for too long hasn't affected my sense of humour too much. emot-keke

In a perfect world, Tama-chan's inability to stay vertical would be for much better reasons emot-frown

#12 | Back to Top03-24-2007 07:22:38 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Just an update. Seems they're traced the source of the problem to rat poison getting in the food. Now why 91 different brands of dog and cat food, which they claim are completely different recipes, all end up making the poor aminals sick is beyond me.

EDIT: forgot the kitties, shame on me.emot-frown

Last edited by Raven Nightshade (03-24-2007 07:54:23 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#13 | Back to Top03-24-2007 07:29:57 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

For those in the US, the supermarket chain Stop & Shop was quick to react... I got a letter in the mail from them today with all of the item numbers for the recalled products that they carried.  I've also heard that Iams/Eukanuba sent out emails to its newsletter subscribers too.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#14 | Back to Top03-24-2007 07:34:50 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

i just found out that my BF feeds his dogs the Iams brand...one that i believe is on the list.... and he wont stop feeding them it either.... emot-mad

sounds cruel to me....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#15 | Back to Top04-01-2007 01:21:06 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

So far, nothing has happened to my Dixer Bixer or my Jackie. Luckily, Dixie is such a picky kitty that she didn't even eat any of the brands on the list. Jackie, however, being the dog that she is, will eat anything emot-frown Two of the brands on the list she eats, and I tossed them without even checking the release date. Oh well, all for the best. I'm not taking any risk with my babies. etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#16 | Back to Top04-04-2007 06:03:03 PM

conner
Juri Jeerer

Giovanna wrote:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4640080.html (Article)

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/ (Lists the brands being recalled, you can check the dates and product name here.)

I heard about this on the Something Awful forums and thought it'd be worth mention here since a lot of you have kitties. emot-frown There's a massive recall of dog and cat food after a bunch of pets suffered kidney failure, and at least 10 died. Check and make sure this doesn't apply to anything you've been feeding yours! Dead doggies and kitties are bad. emot-frown

Not my cat, I've been feeding her "Cat Cafe" brand dry cat food from Dollar Tree ( a big dollar discount chain in the United States, yes call me a cheap bitch!) for the past 4 months , she likes it, and she's still  as bouncy and frisky than ever, ripping up my curtains and scratching my walls while her scratchpost collects dust.

#17 | Back to Top04-04-2007 06:04:29 PM

conner
Juri Jeerer

Tamago wrote:

Well you should feed your dogs this dogfood then, they'll LOVE you for it. school-devil

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … ogfood.jpg

Its packed full of vitamins plus the secret ingredient that growing guard dogs need to become extra vicious.

Not something you'll find at the local Petsmart, or can you.........

Last edited by conner (04-04-2007 06:04:50 PM)

#18 | Back to Top04-08-2007 10:03:46 PM

RainbowRoseQueen
Pained Growlithe

awwww poor little kitties and puppies DAMN YOU KILLER PET FOOD....... I got 4 dogs and a very fat cat......

#19 | Back to Top04-19-2007 03:32:02 AM

Musachan
Saionji Slapper

Thank God... I just went to check and we only have Whiskas. emot-keke SAFE!

I feel so sorry for all those whose pets fell sick, are dying, or died. T_T

Favorite characters: Musashi/Jessie, Kojiro/James, Nyasu/Meowth, Haruka/May, Hikari, Kiryuu Nanami, Tsuwabuki Mitsuru, ChuChu, Rakka, and Reki.

'This time we’re going together! Partners have to be supportive and trusting! Absolutely, unconditionally!' Musashi in Love and The Origin of Youth hoso special.

Board footer