This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-15-2013 02:01:49 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Re: Yay for Crack Pairings!

satyreyes wrote:

Riri-kins wrote:

Mine are Kozue/Tatsuya . . .

You must hate that boy.  emot-gonk

Nah, I just figured his innocence would remind her of Miki's. emot-tongue She'd date him to get her brother's attention and after a while she'd realize she might not mind having a fling with him for no reason. Plus he would probably be the sweet nerdy type who instantly got attached to the woman who took his v-card.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#27 | Back to Top11-17-2013 01:22:00 AM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

Touga/Saionji (They were together pre-series and no one is going to convince me otherwise.emot-keke) and Saionji/Utena (Read it in a fanfic once and have been unable to escape it since…emot-rofl)

Last edited by RhythmFusion (12-11-2013 01:17:53 AM)

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#28 | Back to Top11-17-2013 07:26:21 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

RhythmFusion wrote:

Saionji/Utena (Read it in a fanfic once and have been unable to escape it since…emot-gonk

Idk, just reading this post caused me to think, "Wait a minute... the truth is actually that Sai's arrogant pride is merely a side effect of anger, a pattern in his subconscious that could just be the kind of adolescent flame that burns out in a few years. He could actually just shape up completely unexpectedly, and then it seems like no time has passed at all, but suddenly there's this fucking rad dude where The Beast once stood, bearing the same name and complexion but also greater wisdom and a nigh-perfect zen attitude to back it up."

And yeah, I'd shake that man's hand and be mighty proud to be graced with that sort of company. I could totally see Utena at least not having a problem being in the same room with him, once she noticed the change.

The pairing aside, a vision of a Sai who responded to a query like "Weren't you that angry guy before?" With an answer such as "Sure. But now, I'd rather be a responsible person than be angry with someone." would just. be. really. cool.

Last edited by Chrome Homura (11-17-2013 07:27:00 AM)

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#29 | Back to Top11-28-2013 11:17:07 PM

jmie5
Precious One

Frau Eva wrote:

AW YUS Saionji/Nanami, my dearest crack pairing. They're either going to wind up perfect for each other or turn into "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" but either way it would be fucking AMAZING. They both want to play the part of prince and princess so badly, but the real world(and Touga specifically) keeps crushing them. They could be that for each other. They both have very rigid gender roles that would agree pretty well with each other, the bizarre occasional ability to know what's really going on, a high sense of propriety, and...frankly, Saionji needs someone who won't let him run roughshod all over them. Yes, they will fight. Probably a lot. It'll be like your in a stereotypical Italian household. school-devil But honestly, ANY pairing with EITHER or them is going to have a lot of conflict--short of both of them getting a shit-ton of therapy. They yell, fight, and then have crazy makeup sex. etc-saiowank

I didn't even know I wanted this one until this thread.  I say these two crazy short-comers deserve one another in the nicest, holy-let-me-watch-the-fall-out-way.  I wish I could write a decent in-defense argument, but I just want you to know that your speculation has made me a very happy woman (and that is rare), thank you. emot-keke

#30 | Back to Top11-29-2013 03:18:46 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Chrome Homura wrote:

The pairing aside, a vision of a Sai who responded to a query like "Weren't you that angry guy before?" With an answer such as "Sure. But now, I'd rather be a responsible person than be angry with someone." would just. be. really. cool.

This would be totally sweet. I etc-love Saionji so much, and he deserves to be happy. emot-frown

Frau Eva wrote:

AW YUS Saionji/Nanami, my dearest crack pairing. They're either going to wind up perfect for each other or turn into "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" but either way it would be fucking AMAZING.

I feel like I should try to write something on this. Hmm. I'm not gonna promise anything, but if I get a good idea I'll throw a drabble in here or something.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#31 | Back to Top12-10-2013 10:00:23 PM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

It's not a technically a pairing, but Saoinji/Touga/Utena. I first had this idea because of that official art, you know the one with the anatomy fail.  http://ohtori.nu/gallery/Series/Artwork … s/Group_04

But I was all thinking that all three of these people have a tenancy to emo it up whenever they lose a duel. Saionji locked himself in the Kendo room after Utena beat him (twice). Utena did the thing with wearing the girl's uniform and being mopey until Wakaba snapped her out of it after Utena lost to Touga. Then Touga pretty locked himself in his room for nearly all of the Black Rose Saga after Utena beat him in a re-match. Sooo, I was thinking of an AU scenario where Juri beats Utena in a duel (major bonus points if Shiori is the Rose Bride) and then Utena goes all emo. Then eventually Saionji and Touga challenge Juri too, but they lose. Then eventually all three of them end up in the Kendo Room of Emo (TM) together and stuff happens. Awkward stuff.

That's my weird scenario for making that work. emot-smile

By the way I like the idea of Juri and Wakaba too. I like Juri and Shiori because their relationship is really interesting and I think there's a hope spot in the final episode that maybe it could work out and not be so messed up in the future. That said, Juri and Wakaba is an good idea too. I think that while Wakaba definitely does have issues as we saw in the Black Rose Saga, she is a nicer person than Shiori. I also think that she would be less passive about some of the negative behavior from Juri. (For example, the feeling I get from Juri and Shiori's relationship is that Juri is unconsciously or maybe sometimes consciously cold to Shiori because Shiori doesn't understand Juri's feelings for her. The thing is though, Shiori isn't capable of reading minds so she can't really know how Juri feels unless Juri tells her.)

#32 | Back to Top10-21-2014 09:09:30 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I had never given Juri/Wakaba any thought until now but it could become a truly beautiful relationship. And I wonder how Shiori would react.

There's a crack pairing that has been growing on me for some reason: Mikage/Nanami. Nanami seemed quite impressed with Mikage and valuing someone who thrives on his intellect could be a good way of growing out of her big brother's seducing ways (which is not to say that Touga is stupid or that Mikage can't be every bit of a seducer as Touga but that Nanami could grow as an individual by coming to see that using your mind as opposed to your body can be a good thing). As for Mikage, he has a thing for the dying that is close to a saviour complex despite everything so I can see him easily taking her under his wing.

Which brings me to another crack pairing that surprisingly others share: Ruka/Mikage. I suspect that if Mikage ran into Ruka outside of Ohtori he would end up liking him. I have absolutely no idea how this could possibly work, though but it could be very interesting.

I also love Mikage/Anthy. Not just Anthy as fake!Mamimiya, although that is seriously hot, but actual Anthy as I for one believe that Mikage could have saved Anthy from her coffin (and might end up killing everyone else in the process but still).

I also ship Akio/Mikage but only for the hotness and potential for nightmare fuel.

#33 | Back to Top12-17-2014 12:30:11 AM

QueenOfJebri
Miki Molester

Utena x Shiori is my crack of choice, tbh.

Juri x Nanami x Shiori x Miki probably also counts.

The absolute destiny... of hot pockets.

#34 | Back to Top12-19-2014 12:01:03 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

The more I think about it, the more I just want Nanami x Saionji x Touga x Utena x Anthy, with Wakaba just slutting it up somewhere in there as well. Just live in a house together and it'll be the Post-Ohtori Sexual Healing Depot. You managed to finally escape to the real world? Here, let us help you get back on your feet and also relieve some................................tension.

And Juri gets out and is just like, "Ew, no. I have Shiori and also sometimes Miki lets me peg him. emot-dance"

I'm glad I'm converting people to Nanami x Saionji. It makes so much sense for two people who barely interacted in the series proper. The older I get, the more I like pairing that could either go swimmingly or FUCKING EXPLODE. I just want it to be interesting. Also, I somewhat-jokingly call Nanami x Saionji "Republi-ship." Because you know those two would be exactly like some shitty Republican couple everyone knows. Don't deny it.

Also came up with another screwed up ship recently. Saionji is starting off a new year breaking in the new kendo recruits. At first he's surprised because he thinks one of them in Miki, and then oh fuck no, IT'S HIS SISTER. Kozue has decided to slowly make her way through the rest of the Student Council members to piss her brother off. And when she hears that the next in line is the ever-sexually-constipated Kyoichi Saionji she is SO EXCITED OMG. She's always leaving her kimono top just a liiiiiiiittle too open and showing too much of her neck and chest and it pisses Saionji off. to. no. end. And flouncing around seductively like she owns the place. And making inappropriate gestures with the practice sword. She's slowly been making her way into his shower spank sessions and he just FUCKING HATES IT. And every time Saionji gives her punishment for her "lack of discipline" she just smirks and does it with a shrug of her shoulders. Until one day Saionji tells her to clean up the kendo room after practice as punishment for her latest escapade. She starts wiping down the floor but OH NO, the bucket upended the water all over her and now she's alllllllllll wet and looking at him challengingly. AND HE JUST FUCKING LOSES IT and hate-fucks the everloving hell out of her, Kozue giggling like a madwoman the whole time.

......I clearly need to start writing fanfiction again.

Hat Mafia Member

#35 | Back to Top12-19-2014 01:30:10 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I would read it.  school-devil

#36 | Back to Top12-21-2014 06:54:09 PM

Gaston
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Chu Chu x Pen Pen (from NGE) is clearly the best romance story of all times.

Proud Juri x Shiori, Nanami x Tsuwabuki and Utena x Wakaba fan

#37 | Back to Top02-12-2015 04:58:37 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Frau Eva wrote:

Also came up with another screwed up ship recently. Saionji is starting off a new year breaking in the new kendo recruits. At first he's surprised because he thinks one of them in Miki, and then oh fuck no, IT'S HIS SISTER. Kozue has decided to slowly make her way through the rest of the Student Council members to piss her brother off. And when she hears that the next in line is the ever-sexually-constipated Kyoichi Saionji she is SO EXCITED OMG. She's always leaving her kimono top just a liiiiiiiittle too open and showing too much of her neck and chest and it pisses Saionji off. to. no. end. And flouncing around seductively like she owns the place. And making inappropriate gestures with the practice sword. She's slowly been making her way into his shower spank sessions and he just FUCKING HATES IT. And every time Saionji gives her punishment for her "lack of discipline" she just smirks and does it with a shrug of her shoulders. Until one day Saionji tells her to clean up the kendo room after practice as punishment for her latest escapade. She starts wiping down the floor but OH NO, the bucket upended the water all over her and now she's alllllllllll wet and looking at him challengingly. AND HE JUST FUCKING LOSES IT and hate-fucks the everloving hell out of her, Kozue giggling like a madwoman the whole time.

......I clearly need to start writing fanfiction again.

Hnngh.  (bites her lip) I can't decide whether I would be jealous of Kozue or read that too.

Oh, who am I kidding?  WRITE EET.  I SHIP IT LIKE FED-EX.

#38 | Back to Top03-14-2015 04:26:30 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

It occurred to me last night, quite suddenly: Mikage/Kanae. Virtually everything would be bettter for poor Kanae than what happens to her in canon so why not pair her with Mikage. At first it seems completely random but Mikage does have a protective side and if there is someone who could do with having someone looking out for her it is poor Kanae. And once she bounces back from her catatonic state she would probably be a good influence to someone like Mikage, she would keep him grounded.
Of course one has to overlook how Mikage elevator'ing the Kanae in the BR arc but once thought...it could not be unthought!school-devil

#39 | Back to Top03-15-2015 10:42:15 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Saionji x Nanami is either a crack pair or the only one in the series that truly makes sense. D: emot-gonk

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#40 | Back to Top03-15-2015 01:04:04 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

YamPuff wrote:

Saionji x Nanami is either a crack pair or the only one in the series that truly makes sense. D:

I think they would make a lot of sense. Their relationship seems like something you would actually expect between a guy and his bff's younger sister. They are pretty comfortable with each other, and the way Nanami acts around him is perhaps the most natural we see of her.
And I have a soft spot for both, so that makes the ship even cuter etc-love

#41 | Back to Top03-18-2015 09:38:47 PM

Arreat
Ohtori Paramouri

Anthy/Nanami. Something after the finale though.

Uhh. Juri/Kanae, maybe? This one feels a lot more stable. Both are outwardly polite and I can see them relating to things easier for the first few dates. A slow burn kind of thing.

#42 | Back to Top03-19-2015 12:55:27 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Arreat wrote:

Uhh. Juri/Kanae, maybe? This one feels a lot more stable. Both are outwardly polite and I can see them relating to things easier for the first few dates. A slow burn kind of thing.

I think Juri likes girly girls who need protection and that describes  Kanae perfectly. Once Juri grew up it might work.

#43 | Back to Top04-18-2015 05:57:28 PM

staplerman
Wakaba Wrangler

The crack goes hard here.

Chu-chu etc-love Akio

The frog etc-love Cow-nami

Cow-Mitsuru etc-love The vice-principal

Utena-in-Anthy's-body etc-love Saionji-in-Chu-Chu's-body

Miki's dad etc-love Mikage

Miki's creepo piano teacher etc-love Brown-haired-boy

Dios etc-love Juri

That lady that hates Utena's outfit etc-love Utena

I'm having a hard time getting crackier since I've forgotten a lot of the very minor characters.

#44 | Back to Top04-22-2015 12:09:46 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

staplerman wrote:

Miki's dad etc-love Mikage

Miki's creepo piano teacher etc-love Brown-haired-boy

Dios etc-love Juri

You've caught my attention. Go on.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#45 | Back to Top06-29-2015 12:26:27 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

Of the ones already mentioned I hella ship Saionji/Nanami, Juri/Wakaba, Anthy/Wakaba (and Anthy/Utena/Wakaba), and Kozue/Shiori. IDK if Touga/Saionji counts as crack because tbh there's enough canon there to make it legit I think.

Nocturnalux wrote:

It occurred to me last night, quite suddenly: Mikage/Kanae.

Mikage/Kanae is not one I'd ever thought of but would be really cool!! I really love Mikage and Kanae just deserves so much better...  She'd probably be a really cool mother to Miki and Kozue? Maybe? I read an interesting fic (that I'll find ASAP) which had Tokiko/Kanae and that could be potentially interesting.

But my real question is does anyone ship Juri/Nanami or Nanami/Wakaba? No? (Even better Juri/Shiori/Nanami/Wakaba poly weirdness????) It's just... my new thing........

Also series!Akio would totally fuck movie!Akio I'm just saying. Actually series!Akio really would screw himself if it were possible let's be honest. But then who would top???

I am an actor, eternally metaphorical

Icon credit

#46 | Back to Top06-29-2015 01:11:40 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

lectic wrote:

But then who would top???

We must call upon the End of the World to clarify this matter at once!

#47 | Back to Top06-29-2015 01:22:34 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Snow wrote:

lectic wrote:

Maybe this is why the Student Council stopped getting letters from End of the World during the Black Rose arc.  For the whole first season they had been abusing their communication privileges to ask him questions about crack pairings, and so he stopped talking to them.

"End of the World, can I ship Juri and Nanami?"

"For heaven's sake, Saionji, those are your coworkers"

"I knooow, but it's so cuute"

#48 | Back to Top06-29-2015 02:11:09 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

satyreyes wrote:

Snow wrote:

lectic wrote:

Maybe this is why the Student Council stopped getting letters from End of the World during the Black Rose arc.  For the whole first season they had been abusing their communication privileges to ask him questions about crack pairings, and so he stopped talking to them.

"End of the World, can I ship Juri and Nanami?"

"For heaven's sake, Saionji, those are your coworkers"

"I knooow, but it's so cuute"

Omg Saionji as shipping trash #confirmed. And JuriNana is cute I'm telling you they'd be great for each other! Both have good fashion sense and are both kind of ojou-samas in different ways...

The Council would probably rule over Ohtori, always watching the simple student population.... and theorising who among them would be screwing each other. Making bets about it. Miki is very good at winning despite his apparent lack of experience compared to the others. And now I just have the vision of Nanami as an agony aunt/matchmaker helping the students of Ohtori find love!

But seriously, how would Akio do himself it would just be like some weird Akioception. He couldn't not be on top so... would it just be an infinite line of Akios??? Screwing each other?? Or would they just go for 69ing or something to avoid the issue.
Or more like if you're Akio, and I'm Akio, then who's driving the car?

Such questions are not meant to be asked, I fear...

Icon credit

#49 | Back to Top06-29-2015 02:49:36 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

lectic wrote:

The Council would probably rule over Ohtori, always watching the simple student population.... and theorising who among them would be screwing each other. Making bets about it. Miki is very good at winning despite his apparent lack of experience compared to the others. And now I just have the vision of Nanami as an agony aunt/matchmaker helping the students of Ohtori find love!

Hahaha!  We had a thread a while ago about which SKU characters we think would give the best relationship advice.  Nanami was barely mentioned, I guess because no one trusted that her advice would be any good, but I certainly believe she'd be eager to dispense it emot-biggrin

#50 | Back to Top06-29-2015 04:34:50 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

It's a good thread! I think either Nanami would follow the snooty don't-touch-my-brother route (if you asked her early on in the series at least) or a goading and standoffish person who thinks she knows exactly what's right but really... gets it wrong. But I think she'd be sincere enough about it especially given her development by the end of the series. She'd advertise herself as Queen of Giving Relationship advice all across campus.

This is probably why Miki is so good at the betting: he knows how Nanami works and can predict who she'll push together utterly by accident through her actions of trying to get a different couple to go out!

Icon credit

Board footer