This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-23-2015 04:38:42 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: FOX's "Schoolgirl Crush" Anime Parody pretty clearly riffing on Utena.

I have not watched this and I do not like it already.

Goatee is wrong [although Touga would totally marry female Touga].

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#27 | Back to Top07-24-2015 02:15:37 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Touga marrying himself is now canon as far as I'm concerned.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#28 | Back to Top07-24-2015 12:29:08 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

YamPuff wrote:

emot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl doesn't that belong in the personal cannon section now?? emot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl

So, totally unrelated, YamPuff... episode like... 14? or 15? in KLK -- totally not Utena anymore. I'll keep you updated though.

#29 | Back to Top07-25-2015 08:07:14 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

KissFromARose wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

emot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl doesn't that belong in the personal cannon section now?? emot-roflemot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl

So, totally unrelated, YamPuff... episode like... 14? or 15? in KLK -- totally not Utena anymore. I'll keep you updated though.

No way, it's true canon that everyone must accept. 8)

I think I might just watch KLK anyway for the cool character & clothes design XD

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#30 | Back to Top08-10-2015 03:59:02 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

YamPuff wrote:

KissFromARose wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

No way, it's true canon that everyone must accept. 8)

I think I might just watch KLK anyway for the cool character & clothes design XD

Okay to follow up as i promised: Definitely a great show, and i'd love to have it in a throwdown to discuss everything as i do w/ Utena here...but!

The first half, as i mentioned, felt very Utena. After that it takes its own turns and is an interesting show. One thing i'd like to mention (and ill probably post about separately) is that im really dissatisfied with *new* anime having this 12 or 24 episode budget. I get that we need to ahve things condensed and schedules... but the beauty of the older anime was that they were able to tell their story in the time that they deemed necessary... All of that being said KLK felt a bit rushed at the end.

OH HERE IS THIS TOUCHING CONCEPT YOU REALLY LIKE BUT YOU ONLY GET 1 SECOND TO DEAL WITH THAT, MOVING ON.

I really really hated that. There were some times where i felt i was on the verge of tears, laugher, or really connecting with a character only for the show to be directed elsewhere.

I'll save it for my long post on "anime you recommend" for some other time... at any rate. Great show, great characters. wanted more. Will rant about later.

#31 | Back to Top12-09-2015 11:11:04 PM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

The latest installment has come out.

I kind of want to see this be an actual thing... Not sure how well it would do as a full on show but...

#32 | Back to Top12-10-2015 11:09:31 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

There's something in it that could be funny/interesting but it's just a little too sloppy and fast to really work.

#33 | Back to Top12-17-2015 10:39:57 AM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

Wow, that was fast. New episode.

#34 | Back to Top09-25-2016 04:25:33 AM

DragonOfThePond
Wakaba Wrangler

Yesterday I rewatched Schoolgirl Crush,and I realized that the last episode had a rose garden in it.. xD

~The real is but a dream...

Board footer