This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-16-2015 06:55:26 PM

jmmedia
New Student

Announcing the release of a CLASSIC Magical Girl show in the USA!

Okay, the title was a cheat, because we cant announce the title JUST yet but... I'm a longtime fan of the genre.... Utena, is certainly a far cry from the "Magical Girl" tropes, but it certainly has it's roots in many things, including the show that William Winckler Productions(working hand-in-hand with the studio) will be bringing to America.

Since 1984, William Winckler has been pioneering the world of anime dubbing, always working closely with the creators to achieve their vision as closely as possible. This series is a landmark in Shojo animation, has had several revivals in Japan, but has never been released in America... until this spring! Any guesses as to what it might be? I'm just an anime fan, but Ive always admired WWP's dedication to bringing over old school stuff and true classics. I'm proud to be helping to "virally" promote this long-awaited release!

www.facebook.com/williamwincklerproductions

ANybody care to guess what it is? Here's a hint: "Fighting evil by the moonl-..".. oops. Wrong show. Those Sailors owe a lot to OUR girl though...

#2 | Back to Top02-17-2015 01:10:16 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Announcing the release of a CLASSIC Magical Girl show in the USA!

Eh, Cutie Honey?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#3 | Back to Top02-17-2015 10:32:02 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

I sure hope it's Magical Princess Minky Momo. I think that's a required magical girl series if you want to be an otaku.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#4 | Back to Top02-17-2015 11:48:19 AM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

What if it's something really old like Mahoutsukai Sally/Sally the Witch?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#5 | Back to Top02-18-2015 03:42:15 PM

jmmedia
New Student

this one is definitely a MUST! I just saw the cover image we'll be debuting on the official facebook soon (hint hint www.facebook.com/williamwincklerproductions) so be sure and follow us. If this series does well in America, theres a WHOOOOLLLE lot more classic animes we have our eye on for dubbing and distribution!

#6 | Back to Top02-18-2015 10:22:43 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

jmmedia wrote:

this one is definitely a MUST! I just saw the cover image we'll be debuting on the official facebook soon (hint hint www.facebook.com/williamwincklerproductions) so be sure and follow us. If this series does well in America, theres a WHOOOOLLLE lot more classic animes we have our eye on for dubbing and distribution!

This'd be slightly more worth a thread, for me, once we know what it is, and so have something to talk about here.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#7 | Back to Top03-09-2015 12:58:10 PM

jmmedia
New Student

Thanks so much for everyone's participation and patience!

From William Winckler Productions working CLOSELY with anime studio Production Reed comes the FIRST-EVER English language release of the legendary, thought lost:

MINKY MOMO: The Fairy Princess of Dreamland!

The first one several virtually uncut compilation films using the "lost" Harmony Gold (Robotech voices!) dub script and audio track that was produced in the 80's but never released or aired in North America!

Comprised of the first 5 episodes, Minky Momo: the Fairy Princess of Dreamland is an exciting, hilarious, and wonderfully animated adventure show for all ages.

This download-to-own Amazon link is just the first, with new volumes to follow VERY soon!

Help support this long-awaited, important release! William Winckler Productions LOVES the classics and we have huge plans in place to release more English language classics!

For more information and for the dates and announcements on the next films, be sure and watch www.facebook.com/williamwincklerproductions

http://www.amazon.com/Minky-Momo-Fairy- … minky+momo

Last edited by jmmedia (03-09-2015 04:34:05 PM)

#8 | Back to Top03-09-2015 12:59:28 PM

jmmedia
New Student

[img][/img]

#9 | Back to Top03-09-2015 03:32:13 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

The Amazon link doesn't work for me.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#10 | Back to Top03-09-2015 04:34:36 PM

jmmedia
New Student

Riri-kins wrote:

The Amazon link doesn't work for me.

Fixed!

Board footer