This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-15-2007 06:30:30 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Re: Utena PlotBunny Adoption Services

Rawr... if I ever can wrangle up enough duelists... I fully intend to do a dramatic Utena musical skit... really, I'd want it to be something longer than three minutes and just... freaking awesome.  But the hardcore fans aren't amongst the cosplayers because many cosplayers are too young, too lame, and too Naruto-ized.

Man, there are some awesome ideas in this thread.  Saionji as rhythm guitar... so mean!  Don't make him be Toki. >P

#52 | Back to Top10-15-2007 09:41:32 PM

ArsenicForBreakfast
Pathtracer
Website

Scortia wrote:

Rawr... if I ever can wrangle up enough duelists... I fully intend to do a dramatic Utena musical skit... really, I'd want it to be something longer than three minutes and just... freaking awesome.  But the hardcore fans aren't amongst the cosplayers because many cosplayers are too young, too lame, and too Naruto-ized.

Man, there are some awesome ideas in this thread.  Saionji as rhythm guitar... so mean!  Don't make him be Toki. >P

I'd do it!  I cosplay as Utena/Juri, don't sing too badly, and I'm not lame (hopefully).  Can't comment on being too"Naurto-ized" though...I'm a huge fan of the manga, but not exactly a Narutard >.>

But really, the Utena musical idea is too good to pass up.

I'm a fan of pessimism: if you maintain the lowest expectations possible, they'll always be met or exceeded.

#53 | Back to Top10-15-2007 09:59:46 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Scortia wrote:

Don't make him be Toki. >P

but Toki is so cools! i means, WOWWIE. How awesome woulds that bes to sees Saionji as Toki?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#54 | Back to Top10-16-2007 04:32:18 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

ArsenicforBreakfast: har har.. I follow the Naruto manga as well... but you can like the series and NOT be a Narutard.  Narutards eat/live/breathe the series and series equally as shallow.  Once again, still like it, but it's not the beginning and end of anime. >P

Utena is definitely a person I'd need... my one winning point in attracting friends into this is that I have costumes for  Mikage and Juri already.. so they can get into a performance without any effort.  It'd be my goal to do this for Comic-Con... but my attendance to that con in 2008 is still up in the air anyhow. ;-;

KissingT.Kiryuu: Tokis is dildos.  Now... I think Touga being forced to date Skwisgaar's collection of MILFs, GMILFs, and FBLs would be HILARIOUS to see. >P

#55 | Back to Top04-10-2008 08:29:20 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

NECRO!!!!

Since the Touga/Kozue discussion wandered into Miki territory, I had this idea:  Miki and Kozue in the Ohtori version of Cruel Intentions.

The whole idea is based on the idea of an older Miki turning out like Kozue and/or Touga. Imagine both of them scheming and seducing anything with a pulse while Miki secretly lusts after his sister. If you've seen either Cruel Intentions or Dangerous Liaisons, you know how the story goes.

I already see Wakaba as Cecile, and either Saionji or Tatsuya as the music teacher.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#56 | Back to Top04-10-2008 10:52:17 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I would absolutely participate in an Utena musical. I'd love to cosplay as Utena or Anthy, but I'll do whatever you tell me to, really. And I have a pretty decient voice; I was a soprano two in my school choir for 9 years. In 12th grade, we sang Vivaldi's "Gloria" a capella. It was insanely hard, but insanely cool.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#57 | Back to Top04-11-2008 02:46:10 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I've been playing around with the idea of the second generation of council members.

Tsuwabuki as secretary,
Nanami as the student council president, (perhaps later replaced by Shiori.)
Wakaba as treasurer, and
Kozue as vice president. (In this scenario Miki got too busy for such things.)

I have an idea for the first line:

It's not that she wasn't happy... it was just she knew they'd never be as good.  Forever inferior to the ones they replaced.

Last edited by Iris (04-11-2008 02:46:34 AM)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#58 | Back to Top10-05-2010 10:08:36 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

Revived from grave!

Presently I'm starting to write Tamago's plot: Cardcaptor Shiori. I'm in it so much that I am now imagining a Shoujo Kakumei Tomoyo, with Sakura as Wakaba. The rest of the SKU cast can stay and what interaction we can see?

Also, for the SKU musical, I think it might be interesting to have crossover with Shugo Chara. They can actually duel through singing.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#59 | Back to Top10-05-2010 10:25:50 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Iris wrote:

Too busy running the Miki Seminar, no doubt.

#60 | Back to Top10-06-2010 08:40:15 AM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

Dallbun wrote:

Iris wrote:

Too busy running the Miki Seminar, no doubt.

LOLOLOL

I hope he doesn't develop an unnatural taste for poptarts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#61 | Back to Top10-09-2010 10:09:53 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Idea #1 "Dissonence" - Up for adoption

A real life girl comes to New York and falls into a bad situation, only at night she dreams of reliving a stranger, darker SKU... as Utena. So when she finds someone who reminds her strongly of Anthy, can she bridge the gap between dreams and reality? Are the dreams just merely dreams?

...I came up with that idea six years ago.

Idea #2 "Endymion" - Encouragement needed

At night, Utena dreams of embracing the moon... except for the nights she is alone, without Anthy.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#62 | Back to Top10-10-2010 05:32:41 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Tenjou_sailorsaturn wrote:

Revived from grave!

Presently I'm starting to write Tamago's plot: Cardcaptor Shiori. I'm in it so much that I am now imagining a Shoujo Kakumei Tomoyo, with Sakura as Wakaba. The rest of the SKU cast can stay and what interaction we can see?

Also, for the SKU musical, I think it might be interesting to have crossover with Shugo Chara. They can actually duel through singing.

If people are interested in crossovers or blendings, here's one that's been in my head for a while, but I don't have the writing skills (or the time, augh grad school) to do anything with it: A crossover with Babylon 5.  The xbox-hueg story arcs and anvil dropping would make it work really well, I think.

Picture some of this.  Ivanova stands in the open large garden section of the station as rose petals blow by, wounded from the revelation that the telepath Shiori Takatsuki was a Psi Corps plant all along.  Morden whispers promises to the Centauri ambassador Touga and others in the station elevator, while Kosh's "sister" Anthy promises the ability to revolutionize and unite the galaxy to anyone who can win and keep her in the duels.  The Ranger Miki Kaoru tries to live and die for the One, but his sister's been a bit possessive of him since the rest of their family was wiped out by the Shadows.  The Centauri ambassador's aide and sister Nanami is the first to begin to see through Morden, and goes from a Narn-hating nationalist who idolizes Touga to a veteran of galactic politics who's quite a bit warier.  G'Kar picks up his ka'tok and duels ferociously in hopes of freeing his people from a second Centauri occupation, while at the end of the first arc, Touga's manipulations have Saionji exiled back to Narn for trial.  And at the end, Utena "Starkiller" Tenjou, the station's commander, faces down the Vorlon Kosh, realizing the Vorlons aren't really an improvement on the Shadows, and is stabbed in the back by Anthy while telling them to get the hell out of the galaxy.  Hell, keep any or all of this, but I think there's a lot you could do with it.

EDIT: Just realized that Utena as Sheridan implies an Utena x Delenn pairing.  Not sure how I feel about that.

Last edited by Duelist Megu (10-10-2010 05:44:50 PM)

#63 | Back to Top10-10-2010 09:20:24 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

I have an idea for a story but I really don't know what to do with it.  xD

I was thinking that Utena and Anthy could be out in the real world, getting older and having to cope with aging.  For Utena, it would be about maturing (or not?) from that little girl who freaked out over the fact that some day she would die.  For Anthy aging might be a strange experience.  She possibly hasn't aged for a very long time.  I think that for someone who was immortal and being stabbed by a million swords for all eternity, aging would be a relief, but maybe not.  I don't know, I was just mulling it over the other day and I think it would make an interesting plot for a  fanfic. emot-smile

Last edited by HonorableShadow (10-10-2010 09:21:12 PM)

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#64 | Back to Top10-11-2010 06:27:59 AM

Cyrias
Tenjou Tilter

My idea: Departure - As Utena falls from the Arena of Akio, she enters the Realm of shadows where the shadows of Princess reside, they are forever separated from the light of Prince Dios, but as Utena interacts with them she enters a mirror universe where things aren't as they seem at first- is Dios residing in the realm of the Shadows, or will she become like them.

In lumine tuo, videbimus amor ('In your light, we shall love') Slippy slippery mambo~ everyone at Ohtori is in some kind of spiritual land, created by Goddess Anthy and her brother Akio?!

#65 | Back to Top04-30-2011 10:40:22 PM

randomprojects
Juri Jeerer

Necro'd!

Hm, I lack the skills to do this justice, but I thought AUs where only one (or maybe two) of the cast was born with a different gender would be very interesting. I mean, what would Touga's relationship with, say, Nanami be like if Nanami was a boy? Would boy!Nanami's issues with his brother be closer to Saionji's issues with Touga, such as feeling overshadowed by him, or would his feelings remain as adoration/admiration? Would Touga manipulate boy!Nanami differently? Does boy!Nanami still have Aiko, Yuuko and Keiko to smack Anthy around (or would his minions be those three guys in glasses, or bully Anthy in other ways, or maybe - gasp - leave her alone)? Does Tsuwabuki still have a crush on him, and if yes, does boy!Nanami know about it? The possibilities are endless!

Last edited by randomprojects (04-30-2011 10:42:49 PM)

#66 | Back to Top07-10-2012 03:32:18 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Crossover idea I had but never want to write:
After leaving Ohtori but before her return, Shiori hooks up with Shinji Ikari.

#67 | Back to Top07-10-2012 04:54:06 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

A fic focusing on the ADULTS and their "pairings" throughout the series etc-love

The canon ones are:
Anthy/Miki's Dad
Akio/Mrs. Ohtori
Miki/Music Teach

The implied ones are:
Akio/OldMaidWhoHatesUtena'sUniform  (she was shown to be attracted to him)
Akio/MaleTeachWhoAlsoHatesUtena'sUniform (shown to admire akio)
Akio/Tokiko (duel or sex or both?)
Akio/Mikage (well he did screw the guy in a manner of speaking)
Mikage/BribingTeacher (shown to be in awe of him in 1st black rose ep)
And more?

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#68 | Back to Top07-10-2012 05:25:32 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

randomprojects wrote:

Necro'd!

Hm, I lack the skills to do this justice, but I thought AUs where only one (or maybe two) of the cast was born with a different gender would be very interesting. I mean, what would Touga's relationship with, say, Nanami be like if Nanami was a boy? Would boy!Nanami's issues with his brother be closer to Saionji's issues with Touga, such as feeling overshadowed by him, or would his feelings remain as adoration/admiration? Would Touga manipulate boy!Nanami differently? Does boy!Nanami still have Aiko, Yuuko and Keiko to smack Anthy around (or would his minions be those three guys in glasses, or bully Anthy in other ways, or maybe - gasp - leave her alone)? Does Tsuwabuki still have a crush on him, and if yes, does boy!Nanami know about it? The possibilities are endless!

I love genderbends, though I admit it's a bit hard to figure out how it would work with SKU without screwing with the themes.
I think boy!Nanami would find Touga's treatment of him more patronizing (which it is, but it makes girl!Nanami feel protected), so I imagine things would change.

...I don't really have any ideas, I just wish there were more SKU/Princess Tutu crossovers.

#69 | Back to Top11-21-2012 03:50:18 PM

The_Lame_Goat
Rose Smilee

Necro?

I have an idea. An Akio/Saionji lemon with Saionji topping, but Akio still exerting some level of control psychologically.

I lack Saionji writing skills.

Oh treachery!

Board footer