This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-25-2011 07:29:20 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Re: Least favorite character for stupid superficial reasons.

Akio has fucking DREADFUL hair. I mean, a mullet? Really? He's a leather jacket and a handful of rhinestones away from an 80s boy band. Although all things considered, he'd definitely give Gary Glitter a run for his money...

#27 | Back to Top10-27-2011 01:12:21 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

I hate Mikage's pink hair and 70's/retro look.

No reason for it, I just do.

I think Mikage looks too damn hipster, with his pink shag and rad shades

Oh god, I can't stop thinking about this now. Mikage IS the hipster of the SKU world.

"I was seeking eternity before it was cool."

"I had a Rose Signet before it was cool."

I'm glad it's not just me though~ emot-tongue

#28 | Back to Top10-27-2011 10:05:48 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

crystalwren wrote:

Akio has fucking DREADFUL hair. I mean, a mullet? Really? He's a leather jacket and a handful of rhinestones away from an 80s boy band. Although all things considered, he'd definitely give Gary Glitter a run for his money...

Try drawing him.   Only then do you truly realize how much sense his hair does not make.

#29 | Back to Top11-06-2011 03:42:37 AM

Mellow Morte
Saionji Slapper

I don't like Shiori for her hair reminding me of borscht.

#30 | Back to Top01-27-2016 06:09:22 PM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Necro-ing this thread because I'm sitting in a coffeeshop with my arm over my face, trying not to openly howl with laughter.  I officially lost it at "I was seeking eternity before it was cool," and then kept laughing.  Shiori with borscht hair, it's so true!

Keiko is probably my least favourite character for sheer hair-related reasons.  I mean...good grief, girl.

I also hate Tokiko's mole and her prim little lips, as well as her hat (when she came back to visit).  But I dislike her for many non-superficial reasons as well. emot-tongue

Nanami's outfit looks so equestrian that I keep expecting her to be holding a riding crop.  And sadly, I didn't like Anthy's pink suit of freedom at the very end of the series.

Then again, my taste in stylistic matters is questionable at best...for instance, I totally adore Nemuro's crazy seventies look, which I recently told someone looked like "Ziggy Stardust making a guest appearance on Iron Chef".  It's so awkwardly, desperately trying to be disdainfully fashionable that it crosses the line from facepalm to fabulous.

Last edited by Astrinde (01-27-2016 06:10:26 PM)

#31 | Back to Top01-28-2016 03:01:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Astrinde wrote:

Nanami's outfit looks so equestrian that I keep expecting her to be holding a riding crop.

Jesus, I never thought of her outfit that way but you're absolutely right. This must have been deliberate because I can see her with a riding crop driving Tsuwabuki around like it's the most natural thing in the world. Total dominatrix. emot-dance

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#32 | Back to Top02-04-2016 08:21:14 AM

Llarian
Miki Molester
Website

Whenever Kozue's hair looks blue-violet, it bothers me.  I don't know what I want, but that slightly-off color goes against everything I've learned from anime genetics XD

What's the point? Art is so useless. It's such a waste of time!
And it's not like anyone else ever wastes time. It's not like you spend hours in front of the television or the computer accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Oh wait.

#33 | Back to Top02-05-2016 08:27:31 PM

pesimistamente
Anthy Assailer

Rotten Mooring wrote:

I hate Mikage's pink hair and 70's/retro look.

No reason for it, I just do.

I think Mikage looks too damn hipster, with his pink shag and rad shades

Oh god, I can't stop thinking about this now. Mikage IS the hipster of the SKU world.

"I was seeking eternity before it was cool."

"I had a Rose Signet before it was cool."

I'm glad it's not just me though~ emot-tongue

oh my god I just realized why I like him so much I could never understand because he's an ass but now I get it poptart

#34 | Back to Top02-06-2016 08:53:35 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Wakaba and Nanami's foreheads. XD I don't even mind their hairstyles, I think they're both really cute, but in the majority of scenes their heads are drawn funny and the foreheads just look MASSIVE.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#35 | Back to Top02-07-2016 12:16:56 PM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Are we talking about visual irks only? Cause I had such a dislike for Ruka once upon a time and my reasoning was because he was a jerk.

emot-rolleyes

As far as the visual, Keiko's episode is so horribly drawn, I cry evry tiem.

Board footer