This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-02-2007 07:41:11 PM

Alarm
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Anyone interested in Sailor Moon?

I love to do Sailor Moon RPGs, so I'm wondering if anyone here is in love with Sailor Moon too!! And if soooooo, do ya wanna get down in some SM RPGing with me??emot-dance

I usually claim Sailor Uranus, coz I ADORE her!!!etc-love Any and all Sailor Neptunes welcome too!emot-wink

Let me know!

Fire * Soul * Love

#2 | Back to Top02-02-2007 11:46:51 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: Anyone interested in Sailor Moon?

I have a soft spot for Sailor Moon because it was the first anime and manga that I was ever exposed to. Uranus is pretty awesome; I have to say I don't know if I prefer her manga incarnation or her anime incarnation, as they're rather different. I don't think I could play any of the characters well as I don't know much about them though. It's been a long time and I'm only really familiar with the first two seasons.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#3 | Back to Top02-03-2007 04:31:16 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

It's been a long time and I'm only really familiar with the first two seasons.

emot-aaa

You need to see Sailor Moon S right now!  It's directed by some guy named Ikuni. emot-wink

(so is SuperS, incidentally.)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#4 | Back to Top02-03-2007 06:22:44 PM

Blade
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

emot-aaa

You need to see Sailor Moon S right now!  It's directed by some guy named Ikuni. emot-wink

(so is SuperS, incidentally.)

So is R, actually, and he was an episode director in the original season as well. I'd recommend any Utena fan watch Sailor Moon S, as there's lots of stylistic elements in it that clearly predate Utena things, notably the ritualised duel ascension sequence.

Although Stars is still easily the best season. Alas, still not licensed.

#5 | Back to Top02-03-2007 07:29:37 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Blade wrote:

So is R, actually, and he was an episode director in the original season as well.

Didn't Junichi Sato direct the first part of R, and then the rest of that season was sort of 'left to' Ikuhara?

S is my favorite season by far (so very wonderfully dark!), though I have yet to get through Stars.  I started watching it, and I have it in realvideo format on a couple of CDRs, but I never finished. emot-redface

And apologies to Alarm for derailing this thread... emot-frown emot-frown  I'd gladly participate in a Sailor Moon RPG, but I have trouble enough keeping current with the two I'm in on this board right now. emot-frown

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#6 | Back to Top02-03-2007 07:59:45 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

I LOVE SAILOR MOON RPGS!

I am most usually playing the part of Sailor Neptune, but I also am quite fond of being Venus.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#7 | Back to Top03-03-2007 03:43:31 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

After rewatching Sailor Moon S and SuperS, I think I'm getting Ikuhara's values and beliefs. What he tries to express through Sailor Moon resonates in Utena. (Or was it the other way around)
I love Sailor Moon S, too! And especially the first Sailor Moon movie! I think Ikuhara had fun making Mamoru appears more... sexually flexible in that movie with Fiore. emot-wink

So back to the RPG. How is the game played?

#8 | Back to Top04-07-2007 09:08:06 AM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

I've always loved Sailor Moon.  I'd watch it all the time when I was in 1st grade getting ready for school.  My mom knew to flip the TV to Sailor Moon while I ate my cereal on a footstool. O.o;  Anyway...

If we aren't focusing just on the senshi, I'd like to play Kaorinite.  She's one of my favorite villains in S, and Tomoe's sexy. ;)

#9 | Back to Top04-07-2007 09:48:58 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I love SM. It will always hold a soft spot in my heart. If we RP, I call Sailor Saturn. My sweet Hotaru... etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#10 | Back to Top04-07-2007 07:10:47 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Oh damn! Someone beat me to Hotaru! *pout*

Oh well. Hmmm if I was someone I would want to be....
I'll be.....
Sailor Mars or Sailor Mercury.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#11 | Back to Top04-08-2007 05:15:40 PM

RainbowRoseQueen
Pained Growlithe

emot-biggrin That was my fave anime before I saw Utena! It was made by Naoko Takeuchi (did i spell it right?). I heard she helped make Utena! Oh but i wanted to be hotaru but i got beat too...So i'll be ummmmmm.......who to pick......Star Fighter(5th season) or Pluto....can I be both???I also want to be Queen Nehelenia. Okay I guess I can be all three. Is that okay???

Last edited by RainbowRoseQueen (04-09-2007 11:10:17 PM)

#12 | Back to Top09-20-2007 12:11:07 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

I love sailor moon but don't think that i know any of the people well enough to role play as them however if and when yall get your selves together then I would love to watch it play out.

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#13 | Back to Top09-21-2007 07:18:15 PM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

dollface wrote:

I love SM. It will always hold a soft spot in my heart. If we RP, I call Sailor Saturn. My sweet Hotaru... etc-love

SM or S&M? school-devil

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

Board footer