This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

Poll

Favorite Pairing(s)?

Sakura, Li

10% - 2
Sakura, Tomoyo

26% - 5
Meiling, Li

5% - 1
Yukito, Toya

21% - 4
Kaho, Eriol

5% - 1
Kaho, Toya

5% - 1
Chiharu, Yamazaki

5% - 1
...harem ending ;)

5% - 1
don't know if custom answers can be added

10% - 2
so I guess this is the other category?

5% - 1
Voters: 7

#1 | Back to Top01-14-2018 07:42:08 AM

Tsundere_Clegane
Wakaba Wrangler

Cardcaptor Sakura

So, is anyone else enjoying the new anime?
The new artsyle may take some time to get used to, but it looks pretty nice.
Oh, and the little references to the first season are pretty cool! I did like the cheerful music from the first series.

Also, uhh, I don't know if the poll was set up properly, but what are your CCS OTPs emot-biggrin ?

Wakabaa!!!

#2 | Back to Top01-14-2018 11:31:15 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura

Never been a big fan, I watched it with my little sister back in the day but it didn't leave much of an impression on me. I like Touya/ Yukito a lot, they're pretty sweet.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#3 | Back to Top01-16-2018 06:50:12 AM

vandownbyriver
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura

I've enjoyed Clear Card so far! Only seen the first episode, but it seems to be keeping the same spirit and feel as the original, which is really nice (if I wanted it darker and edgier, I'd just watch Madoka or Yuki Yuna). The art style is definitely similar to a lot of contemporary "pretty" anime, but it's not a bad thing. It may not look especially distinct, but I think it's all tastefully done.  I'm excited to see how the rest of the series goes.

I recently finished a rewatch of the original series to get ready for Clear Card, and I forgot just how NICE this show makes me feel. I get that not everyone is down to clown with this kind of show, but drifting into a pleasantness coma is a-okay by me. Though it's all I can do to not cry in the episode where she accidentally breaks her dad's laptop, after he's been working hard on a presentation for a conference. SAKURA IS SUCH A GOOD, SWEET GIRL IT HURTS.

Board footer