This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#2626 | Back to Top12-11-2016 12:56:09 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Games, yay!

onsenmark wrote:

Okay, so NO ONE is talking about Final Fantasy XV? emot-confused

I heard somewhere it was good, but nothing else?

Last edited by YamPuff (12-11-2016 12:56:38 PM)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#2627 | Back to Top12-11-2016 11:19:24 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

YamPuff wrote:

onsenmark wrote:

Okay, so NO ONE is talking about Final Fantasy XV? emot-confused

I heard somewhere it was good, but nothing else?

It's good. They basically took a FF game and grafted a variation on Kingdom Hearts' battle system onto it.

I'm still waiting for that free DLC that adds the New Game+ mode, though.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#2628 | Back to Top12-12-2016 04:19:41 AM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

From what I've seen on YouTube, it's adorable, and either the on-screen text is really hard to read or the Let's Players I've watched (FOUR in total!) are really bad about reading it. Lots of running in circles being like HOW DO I DO THE THING when there was just a box that told you how to do the thing.  Then again, there's a reason I don't usually watch blind Let's Plays.

Also I'm like 90% sure there isn't actually a hair gel item that keeps their hair from getting sad and floopy in the rain, contrary to rumor.  Probably.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#2629 | Back to Top12-12-2016 02:01:17 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Oh, and have I mentioned that by the end of the game, you will want to punch Ardyn in the face SO HARD?

No, seriously. Most evil FF villain since Kefka, IMHO.

#2630 | Back to Top01-08-2017 12:17:46 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XV, Harvest Moon: Skytree Village, Stardew Valley, Fallout 4, Fallout 3, and Super Mario World.

Was I playing Silent Hill 2/3/The Room/Origins/Homecoming/Downpour when I last posted here? I played Silent Hill 2 first, and none of the others quite lived up to my expectations after that, but they were still good.

#2631 | Back to Top01-08-2017 04:57:02 PM

malna
Caretaker

yusaku wrote:

Malna do you have a smartphone, PS3,or PS2? I have recommendations for those systems. I just bought the players manual for Skyrim. I am really about to have a lot fun with my PS3!

Oh, sorry, I've missed that post.
No PS. I have a smartphone (with Androind? I think). And a laptop with nintendo emulator.

As for 999 and sequels (I got addicted), the whole trilogy is supposed to get a PC release in March so this is why I've been putting off playing VLR for a later date - I'm going to buy them all then.

Last edited by malna (01-08-2017 05:04:13 PM)

a lot of hope in one man tent

#2632 | Back to Top01-10-2017 09:28:15 PM

SaigonAlice
Tenjou Tilter

Stardew Valley
Wanna start playing Pillars of Eternity though. May play ME & DA serie(s).

Thân em như quả mít trên cây,
Vỏ nó sù sì, múi nó dày.
Quân tử có yêu thì đóng cọc,
Xin đừng mân mó nhựa ra tay. - Hồ Xuân Hương

#2633 | Back to Top01-11-2017 08:40:54 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

SaigonAlice wrote:

Stardew Valley
Wanna start playing Pillars of Eternity though. May play ME & DA serie(s).

Stardew Valley. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

I'm about to send that to my twin sister and best friend with the explanation that it's basically Harvest Moon without over a decade of disappoint. :3

#2634 | Back to Top01-13-2017 09:02:55 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

I am hype for two upcoming games:

Persona 5 and Sonic Mania.

The latter promises to be a fantastic trip back to the 90's but with better level design and top-notch audio coming from Lee Topez, the guy who did the Sonic 2 HD alpha that came out a few years ago. That game is still in development, as a note.

The former though has made me go blah on Final Fantasy XV completely. Given what I heard is infuriating and inexcusable for how long it sat in development, as well as the blander than bland presentation-the characters just seem so... colorless and dull. The menus are colorless and flat with nothing to distinguish them. Someone joked about it being a boy band simulator but it's kind of truthful in that it ultimately feels hollow.

On the other hand, Persona 5 looks slick, eye-popping and beautiful. It's not so open world as FFXV claims to be but the Tokyo you wander feels alive. It feels like a real place, with people you can relate to or feel something about, even if the extras are blank-faced as the masses of Utena: Adolescence.

The voice cast also is extremely promising for the English performances. The music is a gorgeous and funky sound, with the intro song being very catchy.

I admit, I've been following P5 for over a year and waiting patiently. It comes out in early April after a delay due to wanting to put it through a more thourough quality assurance process after a random exchange in SMTIV: Apocalypse slipped through translation. (Still a good game, a few flaws and one annoying character aside.)

I suppose now, the game will be relevant as heck now with the current political situation.

Steal back your future indeed.

Last edited by Anthiena (01-13-2017 09:03:22 AM)

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#2635 | Back to Top01-13-2017 01:50:29 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Anthiena wrote:

I am hype for two upcoming games:

Persona 5 and Sonic Mania.

I am super duper hyped for Persona 5

This binch be postin' once every century

#2636 | Back to Top01-19-2017 10:14:21 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I've nearly finished Paper Mario: Color Splash. Not the most innovative of the Paper Mario series, however I DO think it's the funniest. I love Toads, I love Shy Guys and I love the paper aesthetic, so it was a perfect game for me. My only complaint is that I wish Mario had companions to fight wish as usual.

I am waaaaaay looking forward to LOZ Breath of the Wild.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#2637 | Back to Top02-07-2017 09:15:44 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

Now playing Black Closet. Great game however I'm not very good at it yet. Kind of strange once I got over my psychological hangups, its very relaxing.

#2638 | Back to Top02-14-2017 10:38:25 AM

Zerokohai
Mikage Mistruster

I got to try out the Nintendo Switch not long ago in London. To sum it up, here's my impressions for those interested:

Zelda is unreal. MK8DX and Splatoon 2 were more of the same. ARMS was probably the most fun game there. Ultra Street Fighter II was...unfinished, clearly (saying this as a massive SF fan). Gutted I didn't get to play Sonic Mania, the queues were massive for everything.

The system was nicer to hold than expected. Certainly heavier and more well put together than the hollow Wii U GamePad. So yeah, it was nice to play, I suppose. Shame about the price once you factor the system, games, and accessories (over £400!).

http://i.imgur.com/5GUbWA1.png

#2639 | Back to Top02-23-2017 09:00:27 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Zerokohai wrote:

I got to try out the Nintendo Switch not long ago in London. To sum it up, here's my impressions for those interested:

Zelda is unreal. MK8DX and Splatoon 2 were more of the same. ARMS was probably the most fun game there. Ultra Street Fighter II was...unfinished, clearly (saying this as a massive SF fan). Gutted I didn't get to play Sonic Mania, the queues were massive for everything.

The system was nicer to hold than expected. Certainly heavier and more well put together than the hollow Wii U GamePad. So yeah, it was nice to play, I suppose. Shame about the price once you factor the system, games, and accessories (over £400!).

You're so lucky! I can't wait to play it! emot-dance

#2640 | Back to Top02-26-2017 06:48:56 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*has been finally absorbed into the swirling maelstrom of addiction that is World of Warcraft*

...to be fair, I was promising two people that one day I'd actually try the damn game. Can't figure out how/why my Battle.net account has it registered up through Warlords of Draenor though. Especially when I don't ever recall buying it. >>;;;

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2641 | Back to Top03-04-2017 01:03:41 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Trying to decided whether I should get Breath of the Wild for my Wii U as a digital download, or wait until I get the Switch & get a physical copy :/

#2642 | Back to Top03-04-2017 03:07:40 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

YamPuff wrote:

Trying to decided whether I should get Breath of the Wild for my Wii U as a digital download, or wait until I get the Switch & get a physical copy :/

I want The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild so bad, but for years, I kept being like, "I don't want know when it comes out, because I'll be impatient for the release date the entire time." But now it's out, and I can't get a copy because it's sold out everywhere. T-T Waaant.

#2643 | Back to Top03-10-2017 10:18:49 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? That was the title I was most excited to see at E3 and it gets good reviews. I'm really curious about it, so if anyone has played it, I'd like to hear your impressions.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#2644 | Back to Top04-11-2017 08:42:57 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Yasha wrote:

Has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? That was the title I was most excited to see at E3 and it gets good reviews. I'm really curious about it, so if anyone has played it, I'd like to hear your impressions.

I've heard it's really, really good, I'm going to have to see if there's a demo or something.

Also, it looks like I'm not hitting Otakon this year, thanks to both versions of Dragon Quest XI dropping in July.

Also, FF XII: The Zodiac Age.

emot-gonk

#2645 | Back to Top04-15-2017 09:47:08 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love
(Okay, I'm playing it on my Wii U instead of the Nintendo Switch, but it's still fucking awesome.)

#2646 | Back to Top04-17-2017 01:41:44 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I'm getting the Switch this summer, can not wait!!

#2647 | Back to Top04-19-2017 08:48:26 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

YamPuff wrote:

I'd like to get a Switch eventually, but there were none available, and I was like, "ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD, NAO!" emot-dance

The Mario game for the Switch looks really good, and I think it may not be available for the Wii U, so I'll definitely buy one once it comes out. My graphics in Zelda: Breath of the Wild are probably inferior, but the gameplay is so fun and challenging that I can't really care. It's like Skyrim, but with Zelda.

#2648 | Back to Top04-23-2017 12:28:33 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I'm dying to play the new Mario game, since it seems to be a bit more to my taste than the recent entries. I grew up on Mario 64 and Sunshine so I guess that kind of gameplay is just what I expect from modern Mario games. But it takes a lot for me to get a new console, so I'd probably be better off just waiting to get the Switch until there are more games I want to play on it. I also just really don't want to/can't spend $300 right now!

For now, I am enjoying a classic - Kirby Super Star! Kirby games are never the most challenging, but I love the character and the style and the soundtracks of the series.

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#2649 | Back to Top04-24-2017 02:08:01 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Razara wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

I'd like to get a Switch eventually, but there were none available, and I was like, "ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD, NAO!" emot-dance

The Mario game for the Switch looks really good, and I think it may not be available for the Wii U, so I'll definitely buy one once it comes out. My graphics in Zelda: Breath of the Wild are probably inferior, but the gameplay is so fun and challenging that I can't really care. It's like Skyrim, but with Zelda.

I keep forgetting that it might be difficult to get my hands on a copy of the Switch and a physical BOTW XD Better keep an eye on them & nab em when I can

#2650 | Back to Top06-06-2017 08:35:59 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

This could just as easily be posted in the "reasons for being happy" thread, but Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were officially announced today! Like many fans, I was also anticipating a Sinnoh remake as the next main series Pokemon game and I still have strong hope for that later down the line, but I so thoroughly enjoyed Sun and Moon that I can't wait to go back to Alola! (And the updated female player design is so goddamn cute)

Also, Humble Bundle has a visual novel package on sale right now! Of the ones listed, I've played Sound of Drop, Narcissu, and Highway Blossoms, and I would recommend all of them, so I would imagine the bigger names in that list (primarily the Fault series, which I've always heard well-reviewed and never bought) are worth picking up too!

As for games right now, well... I've got 300+ hours in Breath of the Wild and I'm simply collecting Korok seeds at this point as I wait for those DLC packs. I know I'm echoing a resounding chorus here, but Breath of the Wild deserves the hype even if it isn't your game of the year. It's not just finishing that main story or unlocking the memories, which I thoroughly enjoyed (this Princess Zelda might now be my favorite Zelda, and this is coming from someone who very much appreciates every Zelda) but exploring every inch of the map, filling my compendium, completing minor sidequests, obtaining armor and rare weapons, defeating mini-bosses to earn completionist medals from Kilton-- this Hyrule was so easy to lose myself in and so beautiful to travel across, and I really valued the pure unfiltered joy those hours of playing provided.

...I just wonder how they'll approach the next timeline in Hyrule.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Board footer