This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top09-18-2007 06:19:51 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Re: Favorite Japanese VA's/Favorite American anime VA's

My favorite seiyuu, hands down, is Hisakawa Aya.  From Ami to Miki to Yuki to Haruko to Nyamo-sensei to Kero-chan, there is something about her voice that I love.  I especially love it when I hear a voice like Youko's from Twelve Kingdoms and I don't realize it's her.

I'm also totally in love with Shinohara Emi, but that's just because she voices Makoto/Sailor Jupiter, my favorite anime character, and that I adore her singing voice.  I desperately need to restart Maria-sama ga Miteru (I watched the first 2 episodes last year, but nothing since) so I can start hearing her in something recent.

Koyasu Takehito is a weird one for me.  I don't like Touga, so I didn't like his voice as Touga.  Hotohori also bugged me (what can I say?  I don't like bishounen).  However, last year I watched Kaleido Star and completely adored him as Fool.  I loved seeing a more comical side to him.  But the real kicker was watching Princess Nine and his character Hiroki.  That was the point where I thought, "Regardless of being Touga and Hotohori, I do believe Koyasu Takehito is my favorite male seiyuu."  His over-the-top performance in Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok contributed to that love as well--as did the interviews with him in the extras on the first couple of volumes!  At this point, I'm looking forward to seeing SKU again (it's been a couple of years and I've only seen it twice--yes, I'm a bad SKU fan when it actually comes to watching the show) to see if my associating that voice with Hiroki, Fool, and Frey, I might find a way to like Touga more.  Even if he is bishounen.

Ogata Megumi also has to go on a list like this.  I love, love, love her voice when she plays a male character or a female character. Haruka/Sailor Uranus of Sailor Moon, Yukito/Yue of Cardcaptor Sakura, Emeraude and Eagle of Magic Knight Rayearth...all of them have such sumptuous voices.  I like that she has the ability to deepen her voice enough to make Yue sound different from Yukito, and that with Emeraude she proved she actually could do a girl with a girl's voice.  And of course, Haruka is just the sexiest anime character ever, and Megumi's voice completely adds to that sexiness for me.

Last edited by Cerise (09-18-2007 06:20:58 AM)

#27 | Back to Top09-25-2007 10:46:14 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Yasha wrote:

Uhoh. Do I get a spankin? school-devil

You get Folken's metal claw wherever you feel like it.

Cerise: Ogata Megumi makes the sexy time, yes she does.

#28 | Back to Top10-05-2007 04:26:25 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Trench Kamen wrote:

You get Folken's metal claw wherever you feel like it.

I... oh, uh... excuse me. I'm going to go etc-wankgirl myself to death.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#29 | Back to Top01-21-2016 11:43:19 AM

Llarian
Miki Molester
Website

Necroing threads like there's nooo tomorrow.

Japanese seiyuu faves:
[The Three Demon Kings]
-Kosugi Jurota
-Nakata Jouji
-Wakamoto Norio
[other yummy gentlemens]
-Hirata Hiroaki
-Ishida Akira
-Kamiya Hiroshi
-Morikawa Toshiyuki
-Shin-ichiro Miki
-Suwabe Junichi
-Yoshino Hiroyuki
[ladies]
-Kawakami Tomoko
-Tanaka Atsuko

English voice faves:
-Crispin Freeman
-David Matranga
-Troy Baker
-Kari Wahlgren
-Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
...and honestly I love Greg Ayres. I don't necessarily love his voice, but the guy is such a sweetheart.

What's the point? Art is so useless. It's such a waste of time!
And it's not like anyone else ever wastes time. It's not like you spend hours in front of the television or the computer accomplishing absolutely nothing.
Oh wait.

#30 | Back to Top01-21-2016 12:04:12 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Ogata Megumi is a god among mortals (Haruka Tenouh, Shinji Ikari, etc.)
I would MARRY HER VOICE.

I also have a crush on Touga's voice (Koyasu Takehito) and he gets around (haha) in a lot of anime.

Koshimizu Ami voiced Paraietta (Simoun) and Ryuuko (Kill la Kill) and is just too sexy.

Yup.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#31 | Back to Top01-21-2016 05:41:11 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

If I had to pick only one seiyuu it would be Kamiya Hiroshi. There is a reason why he has 'god' on his name.
Not only has he voiced three of my absolute all time favorities, namely Orihara Izaya (Durararara!), Tieria Erde (Gundam 00), Itoshiki Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) as he has an amazing range that goes from creepily sexy (Izaya is the sexiest mastermind, ever) to emotionally fragile and tender (Natsume from the eponymous Natsume Yuujinchou is one of the best examples of this) to truly hilarious yet badass (like Yato in Noragami).

And it is very impressive how someone with such a clearly masculine voice still managed to pull off the gender ambiguity that is Tieria Erde ever so flawlessly. The famous 'ore wa...boku wa...watashi wa...' moment in the first season was one of the best vocal performances I have ever seen in any medium, period.

On top of it all he actually manages to come across as menacing yet sexy at the same time. I can't help hearing his voice when I am reading the Durarara! light novels because Kamiya Hiroshi channelled Izaya's appeal and his dangerous ways ever so perfectly. Add to that more than a hint of sheer insanity and you are all set.

I can hardly wait to see how he'll fare in Dokyuusei.

#32 | Back to Top01-21-2016 06:11:26 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Llarian wrote:

-Suwabe Junichi

ALL OF THE YES. I've been watching Fate/Stay Night (the original VN) recently, and every second Archer is on-screen is GORGEOUS. Amazingly enough, I'd only heard him in one other role before (Venom from Guilty Gear) and I adore that he sounds almost exactly the same, as the two characters have very similar personalities. His tone just hits this perfect sweet spot between subtle and demanding, humble yet also proud. Venom is a bit more on the subtle side I guess, so for me his confidence as Archer is an excellent change of pace, having been used to hearing the former for so many years.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#33 | Back to Top01-22-2016 01:46:41 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Nocturnalux wrote:

Gasp

Who is he voicing?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#34 | Back to Top01-22-2016 11:19:17 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

YamPuff wrote:

Nocturnalux wrote:

Gasp

Who is he voicing?

Hikaru, the blonde one:

I am exceedingly excited about this, it seems to have captured the atmosphere of the manga beautifully. And there is so little BL anime to speak of and the one that does exist tends to be horrible (either the source material is iffy or the adapatation is awful) that the hype is very real for this one.

#35 | Back to Top01-24-2016 11:14:36 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Nocturnalux wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

Nocturnalux wrote:

Gasp

Who is he voicing?

Hikaru, the blonde one:

I am exceedingly excited about this, it seems to have captured the atmosphere of the manga beautifully. And there is so little BL anime to speak of and the one that does exist tends to be horrible (either the source material is iffy or the adapatation is awful) that the hype is very real for this one.

I adore that manga soo much but in my head the guys are pretty much 'blond fluffy guy, megane and sensei'.
The animation is wonderful, it is the artist's style totally come to life! emot-biggrin

Board footer