This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-14-2010 08:06:49 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Rose-Garden Yard Sale!

As a couple of you may know, I've been having money issues lately.  Work is a disease-ridden skank with cigarette breath emot-mad.  Thuses, I was going to start a new thread to sell my wares, but figured that it would be a good opportunity to create a thread for everyone to buy and sell material goods (or digital/electronic/downloads/lalala, etc.  Just no fanfiction or art requests here, guys.  We already have a thread for such things) because Lord knows everyone goes through rough patches or may just have some old manga they need to clear out.   Links to etsy's or lj posts are a-ok as well.  Offer what you want to sell, along with appropriate info (including shipping and payment methods) and if anyone is interested they can pm you for further deets.  Use this thread to post 'selling' posts or responses to those, please no requests
=========================

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (04-21-2013 03:45:57 AM)

#2 | Back to Top07-15-2010 10:35:24 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Re: Rose-Garden Yard Sale!

I think this is an awesome idea.  I can't buy anything because I'm poor and jobless, but I wish you the best of luck with you financial issues.  emot-smile

#3 | Back to Top07-19-2010 10:45:35 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

OITL, you read my mind.

Okay, This is mainly manga/manhwa with some DVDs and novels. Everything marked as 'series' is sold in a single lot. I may consider breaking up some of them but please don't be offended if I refuse, particularly for some of the larger sets. Also, many of the series are not complete so please check the volume numbers first. Note the region given for the DVDs and check that you're able to play them. Note the publisher for the manga and the books, as some of editions are very different to British or American releases. (Nothing worse than buying that final volume and realising it's in a completely different format and/or dialect.)

Postage for 1 to 3 DVDs/book flat rate $7.00. Anything more I will have to get back to you on price, but the more volumes you get the more of a discount you will receive. Paypal only for you aliens; Australia/NZ can pay me with Paypal, bank transfer and check. All prices are in USD.

If you're concerned about sending money over to the internet to a complete stranger, I'd be happy to set up a dummy eBay auction for you. Just keep in mind you run the risk of losing the item because I will sell to the winning bidder.

If you'd like a better description, photos or scans before making a decision, please let me know.

Just so's you know, I will also be posting this on my LJ.

If there's something you really, really want but you're skint, let me know and we may be able to negotiate a swap or lower price.

Comics and doujinshi to follow soon.

Series

Books: Harry Potter 1-7 1-4 Adult pb in slipcase (some wear to v3 & v4 spine), 5-7 Children's HC (some discolouration & damage to spine v5) , Harry Potter's School Books (two pack)    Adult's pb  Bloomsbury (GB printing) all second or third eds, Children's HC Bloomsbury (Aus. Printing) 1st ed all 2003 2005 2007, HP's SC Bloomsbury 2001 (Aus. Printing) $70 + postage Will not be broken up.

DVD: Anime Maria Sama Ga Miteru Seasons 1 & 2 Boxsets (Region Free) Pirate Edition, variable quality English subtitles $25

English Language Manga: Jim Henson's Return to the Labyrinth (Jake T. Forbe, Chris Lie)    TOKYOPOP; first edition 2006, 2007 $8

Manga    CLAMP    Magic Knight Rayearth v1-4 Flipped, read left to right (some damage to v4's cover but nothing that ruins the book)    TOKYOPOP; first English printing for all, 1998, 1999,1999, 2000 $15

Manga    CLAMP    CLAMP School Detectives v1 & 2 (limited edition w/coloured poster in each)    TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2003 $8

Manga    Chrno Crusade v1-6 (by Daisuke Moriyama; requires v7 & 8)    Chuang Yi/Madman (Australian release) $20

Manga    CLAMP    Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle    v1 & v2 TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2004 $8

Manga       Othello v1-6 (by Satomo Ikezawa; requires v7 to be complete)    DEL REY; first English printing 2004, 2005 $25

Manga    Yaoi    Only The Ring Finger Knows manga + novel The Lonely Ring Finger (Satoru Kannagi, Hotaru Odagiri)    DMP first edition 2004 2006 $8

Manga    Yaoi    Passion v1 & v2 (Shinobu Gotoh, Shoko Takaku)    DMP first edition 2004 2005 $10

Manga    CLAMP    Card Captor Sakura v1-3 Japanese language (does NOT contain the original Clow Card bookmarks; I was not given these), v1-5 English Language    Kodansha Comics; TOKYOPOP 1998 -  2002 $40

Manga       Blood Sucker:  Legend of Zipangu v1- v3    TOKYOPOP; 2006 2007 $10

Manga       Trinity Blood v1 & v2 and Trinity Blood novel V1: From the Empire (Sunao Yoshida, Kiyo Kyujo)    TOKYOPOP; 2006 2007 $12

Manga    Hana Kimi v1 - v4 (Hisaya Nakajo)    Viz; reprinted frequently 2004 2005 $20

Manga    Hellsing v1 - v8 + the anime manga    Dark Horse Manga; 2003 2004 2005 2007 all first editions $40

Manhwa    Chocolat v1-v4 (Shin JiSang/Geo)    Ice Kunion;[/i] first English printing 2005 2006 $20

DVDs

$5 each, two for $8, three for $10.

Movie    The Cave (PAL)
Anime    Death Note V1 (PAL)
Cartoon    Happy Tree Friends V1 (PAL) NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP!
Movie    Horror Express 1950s (PAL) Christopher Lee
Anime    Hellsing OVA V1 (Region Free) Pirate edition, v. poor English subtitiles
Anime    Wicked City (PAL) Streamline dub
Anime    Strawberry Panic v1 (NTSC)
Anime    Howl's Moving Castle (PAL) Single disc edition
Anime    X The Movie (PAL)
Anime    InyuYasha the Movie: Swords of an Honourable Ruler (Region 2) This was bought from an airport in Japan and is entirely in Japanese.

Manga/Manhwa

$5 each, two for $8, three for $10.

Mark of the Succubus v1 (by Irene Flores Ashly Raiti)    TOKYOPOP; 2005
                        The Devil Does Exist  v1 (Takanashi Mitsuba)    CMX; 2005
                    Category: Freaks  (Gokurakuin Sakurako)    DrMaster (ever heard of these guys? Neither have I!); 2004
Yaoi     Skyscrapers of Oz  (Yoshino Somei & Row Takakura    Kitty Media; 4th reprinting
                   Lady Snowblood  v1 (Kazuo Koike & Kazuo Kamimura)    Dark Horse Manga; first English printing 2005
                   No Need for Tenchi! Magical Girl Pretty Sammy  v3 (Hitoshi Okuda) Flipped; reads left to right.    Viz; first English printing 1998
                    The Aromatc Bitters v1 (Erica Sakurazawa)    TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2004
                    Crescent Moon  v1 (Haruko Iida)    TOKYOPOP; first edition 2004
                   Iron Wok Jan v1 (Shinji Saijyo)    Comics One; second edition 2003
                    The Tarot Cafe v6 (by Sang-Sun Park)    TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2007
                    Romance Papa v1 (by Youngran Lee)    Netcomics; first English printing 2005
                    The Queen's Knight   v1 (Kim Kang Won)    TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2004

Last edited by crystalwren (08-06-2010 04:35:53 AM)

#4 | Back to Top07-20-2010 03:08:28 PM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

crystalwren wrote:

CLAMP    Shirahime-Syo (Snow Goddess Tales)     TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2004

I'm near-broke, but I would love to get this. I have three questions, though:
1) Would you be willing to mail it to Spain? If it's too much trouble for $5, I'd understand it... Obviously I'd pay the shipping.
2) Is it a good edition / translation? The Spanish translation was not-so-good in my opinion (it sounded... weird), I hope the English one is better. I know that it's the art that matters, but still.
3) I can expect it to be in good condition, yes? emot-smile

#5 | Back to Top07-20-2010 08:46:22 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Asfalolh wrote:

crystalwren wrote:

CLAMP    Shirahime-Syo (Snow Goddess Tales)     TOKYOPOP; first English printing 2004

I'm near-broke, but I would love to get this. I have three questions, though:
1) Would you be willing to mail it to Spain? If it's too much trouble for $5, I'd understand it... Obviously I'd pay the shipping.
2) Is it a good edition / translation? The Spanish translation was not-so-good in my opinion (it sounded... weird), I hope the English one is better. I know that it's the art that matters, but still.
3) I can expect it to be in good condition, yes? emot-smile

Hey,

It'd be no trouble, providing you're willing for it to ship by sea. If you'd like it by air, I'd have to ask US$10 for postage. It is in good condition. There is some minor wear to the edges of the cover, which is identical to any other wear I've seen on manga softcovers. Some age-related yellowing on the edges of the pages as well. (TOKYOPOP has a depressing habit of using cheap paper.)

I don't know if the translation is accurate compared to the original Japanese, but I think it presents itself quite well. The style of the language is dignified and formal, which suits the stories. In a couple of places it seems a bit stilted but generally it's goodl.

I quite like this book but I set myself a goal of getting rid of a certain amount of them, and Clover won. emot-frown

#6 | Back to Top07-21-2010 05:17:12 AM

Asfalolh
Knight of Gates

Sounds good to me! Shipping by sea it's ok. Please PM me with payment details when you can. etc-love

#7 | Back to Top07-21-2010 08:24:45 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Neil Gaimen and David Mckean's Black Orchid comic.  In perfect condition!  8.00

Dibs!  emot-biggrin  I wish you were coming to RoseCon so we could do it in person!  Let me know what shipping looks like and where to PayPal you at emot-smile

#8 | Back to Top07-22-2010 02:01:10 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

satyreyes wrote:

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Neil Gaimen and David Mckean's Black Orchid comic.  In perfect condition!  8.00

Dibs!  emot-biggrin  I wish you were coming to RoseCon so we could do it in person!  Let me know what shipping looks like and where to PayPal you at emot-smile

Coolsies!  Pm me your address and I'll send you the shipping and paypal info Friday night (today I have a cold u.u).

#9 | Back to Top08-06-2010 04:37:57 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

Well, that was a runaway success. Next phase of the sale, my doujinshi collection. (NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!! emot-gonkemot-gonk)

Hellsing doujinshi: http://crystalwrenn.livejournal.com/55297.html

Kyo Kara Maoh doujinshi: http://crystalwrenn.livejournal.com/55155.html

#10 | Back to Top08-06-2010 06:03:22 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I majorly slashed almost all of prices in the first post (most by half) and edited to remove the items that have been sold.    :>

#11 | Back to Top08-09-2010 12:14:45 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

#12 | Back to Top03-07-2011 06:47:31 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

GIGANTIC EDIT - will be edited with photos tomorrow
ANJI'S SUPER GI-HUGE-IC NEED MONEY SALE - NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Anyone who is interested in a particular item - I will be posting one picture of each item. If you're interested, I'll send you a batch of photos of the item(s) in detail so you can get a better idea of what it is you're buying. I will also be offering lots, which will be first come, first served!

I can do paypal- the email is anjithebeast(at)gmail(dot)com and western union (pm me for information)

Pics of all the items I am selling

VIDEO GAMES
-WoW: Cataclysm (PC) SEALED - $35
-WoW: Wrath of the Litch King (PC) SEALED - $35
-Beatles: Rock Band (XB360) SEALED - $20.00
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PS1 - BLACK LABEL cracked) - $15

GRAPHIC NOVELS AND MANGA - ALL ENGLISH LANGUAGE All manga is $7 a volume, $10 for 2 we can make a deal for more than 2
-Gravitation vol. 4
-Gravitation EX vol. 1
-The Devil's Secret (Yaoi - explicit content)
- Sensual Phrase vol. 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 & 8
- Crisis on Infinite Earths $15
- Phoenix: Endsong Paperback trade $15
- The Stand: Captain Trips 5 issue set + Issue 1 2nd Print variant, American Nightmares 1-4 Bagged and Boarded - $25

VIDEO GAME STRATEGY GUIDES - ALL ENGLISH LANGUAGE
-Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass COLLECTORS EDITION - $20
-Prince of Persia COLLECTORS EDITION $15
     - with Collector's Edition of the Game (PS3) - $35
-World of Warcraft: Atlas, 2nd edition SEALED - slight ripping on sealing plastic - $20
-World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Atlas SEALED - $20
-Final Fantasy XII COLLECTOR'S EDITION  (slight damage on upper right corner where flap folds in) - $15
- Art of Persona 3 - $7
- Persona 4 Visual Data - $7
   -Both $10

TABLETOP RPG BOOKS
- New World of Darkness Corebook (nWoD) - $$15
- Hunter: the Vigil (nWoD) - $20
- Exalted: Fair Folk $20
- Corax shifting breeds book (OWoD) - $15

OTHER STUFF
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Laser Cell - SEALED 1 of 23,345 - $10
    -With game $30
- How to Draw Manga #27: Male Characters (like new with dust jacket) $15
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children  DVD Limited Edition - COMPLETE - $15
- Gundam Wing: Operation 1 (CD) - Japanese - $15
- Gundam Wing: Operation 2 (CD - cracked case) Japanese - $10
- Gundam Wing: Operation 3 (CD) - Japanese - $15
- Disgaea Custom Soundtrack (CD)- $10
- Silent Hill: Homecoming Soundtrack (CD)-$10

Last edited by Anji (03-13-2011 08:10:14 PM)

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#13 | Back to Top03-12-2011 08:04:31 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

SALE STARTED. Please spread the word :http://shutenchouten.livejournal.com/20331.html

Last edited by Anji (03-12-2011 10:47:25 PM)

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#14 | Back to Top04-13-2011 03:11:09 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

In need of cash desperately!  For sale:

The Slayers:  Seasons 1-3 on one boxset.  Great condition, minimal scuffing on the bottom of one corner of the outer boxsleeve.   $35
BoogiePop Phantom: The Complete Series plus Live-Action movie:  New, with nice thin-pak cases and a thick, gorgeous outer boxsleeve -minimal scuffing on two corners of the outer boxsleeve, which given the art on the box looks kinda intentional.  $20

Buy both and receive Fullmetal Alchemist: The Curse, containing the first four episodes for free. 

I accept paypal.  Shipping is negotiable: basically, when you pm me your address tell me what kind of shipping you desire (economy, express, "whatever is cheapest") and I'll ship out your items.  You pay for the items upfront, and I'll send you a pm later with the cost of the shipping, and include a receipt for the shipping with the items so you know I'm not jacking you over.

#15 | Back to Top12-12-2011 01:10:33 AM

bella
Atlantean Singer

I'm really, really in the need of cash, especially if I want to go to RoseCon, so I'm opening the Help Bella Go To RoseCon Sale:

I have a lot of games I'm never going to play again, but as the list is huge (and I will be updating this post later), I'm posting my anime box sets for now:

1)Maria-Sama Ga Miteru Season 1: The disks are in good condition; I've only watched the series through twice, if that. The box is slightly worn, but that's about the only issue. $30.

2)Princess Tutu: The Complete Collection This is my most beloved box set, next to the nifty new SKU ones. I cry every time I watch it, but who knows if I'll ever watch it again. If it goes to a good home, I'd be happy spending it towards RoseCon funding. Again, it's used but in very good condition; the box has very little wear on it and all of the disks work well. I've watched it through twice. $40, as it's going for $60 on Amazon. But I'm willing to negotiate.

3)Older SKU Boxed Sets: I have The Rose Collection/The Movie Boxed Set. All disks are in good condition, as is the boxed set; I watched this boxed set through twice as well. $20. I also have The Black Rose Saga Box Set. Again, all disks (and the box) are in good condition. I've watched this boxed set through twice $25. Note: Because some (or many) might not be interested in the older SKU boxed set due to the newer ones being released, I'm willing to negotiate prices.

THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME. I have a decent selection of video games for systems both classic and new, and a shit ton of manga and graphic novel collections. I'm even considering selling what I have of my Sandman Graphic Novels, which includes a hardbound copy of The Wake and my Sandman Companion. Also, my paperback copy of Neil Gaiman: Prince of Stories, which I considered to be my Bible for a long time.

All of these sales are going up on Amazon shortly, but I'd rather open up sales to IRG members first.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#16 | Back to Top06-26-2014 04:31:32 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I accept paypal and whatever, and will send a copy of the shipping receipt with the order for transparency.

FOR SALE:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TYl4tGbrL._SL1500_.jpg
Ott-lite Natural Daylight Makeup Mirror, Black/chrome (26 Watt)   38.00
I purchased this well over a year ago, and it is in perfect condition.  I do not have the original box and instructions, however. 

Julep Polishes in Michelle and Harriet. 4.00 Each
Both unused and unopened.

theBalm Hot Ticket Nail Polishes in Pink or Swim and Coral Reef-fined. 5.00 Each. Both unused and only opened once. 

O-P-I Nail Lacquer in Can’t Find my Czechbook. 1.00 with any purchase. Used once.

Demeter Fragrance Oils in Honey, Thunderstorm and Fireplace. 3.00 Each. All have been opened and used maybe once or twice, to swatch and smell test, not wear. 

Demeter Fragrance in Honeysuckle. 4.00.  Opened and worn once.

I also have unopened My Little Pony Mcdonald’s toys from the most recent promotion (the ones that come with rainbow power stickers):  4 Princess Celestias, Two Rainbow Dashes, Princess Luna, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Princess Twilight, Rarity and even the elusive DJ-PON3. 5.00 Each, except for DJ-PON3, who is 10 bucks because she took a lot of work to track down, okay? Okay.

#17 | Back to Top06-14-2016 09:35:53 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Hello old thread! etc-love

I'm moving to New Orleans on July 1!  And I'm leaving some of my stuff behind, like when a beautiful butterfly sheds its skin and becomes a phoenix, or however that works!  Among the detritus are a bunch of PlayStation 2 games, any of which I'm happy to send to good homes.  Many of them are available downloadably on Vita or PS3, but maybe you don't have those things, or maybe you don't want to pay for the right to download a file from a server.  I offer my modest collection to you!  If you're interested, please let me know soon, since it's not long till I need to clear out!

PS2 games, $8 each, including shipping within the U.S.
Disgaea; Disgaea 2  [The original is better]
Dynasty Warriors 4; Dynasty Tactics 2; Samurai Warriors 2
Fatal Frame 2; Fatal Frame 3 [2 is better]
Final Fantasy X-2
Katamari Damacy; We ♥ Katamari  [The sequel is better]
Kingdom Hearts 2
Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy
Okami
Persona 3; Persona 4 [Both are amazing, 4 is better]
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Suikoden 5
Xenosaga 1-3

I also have a boxed set of the anime Now and Then, Here and There (Ima Soko ni Iru Boku), which I like but which I know that realistically I'm not likely to pop in for the foreseeable future.  Four discs, and I'll ship it to you for $20 within the U.S.

To the future!!

#18 | Back to Top12-11-2017 10:15:43 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Anyone interested in a set of the English-language Utena CDs? That's the first and second (first two arc soundtracks), fourth (duel song remixes), and eighth (movie) soundtracks? All used but in very good condition. I'll probably put them on ebay as a lot shortly, but figured I might as well see if there was any interest here. I'd be asking perhaps $40 for the lot, free shipping - Angel Creation, Namely Light seems hard to come by, but perhaps not worth the amazon listed $60+.

Board footer