This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top07-03-2015 12:02:41 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Re: Yay for Crack Pairings!

lectic wrote:

Nocturnalux wrote:

It occurred to me last night, quite suddenly: Mikage/Kanae.

Mikage/Kanae is not one I'd ever thought of but would be really cool!! I really love Mikage and Kanae just deserves so much better...  She'd probably be a really cool mother to Miki and Kozue? Maybe? I read an interesting fic (that I'll find ASAP) which had Tokiko/Kanae and that could be potentially interesting.

I had never considered Mikage/Kanae either until it all of a sudden hit me. Kanae does come across as motherly indeed which is another reason why she would be a very good help to someone like Mikage. Now Tokiko/Kanae is...interesting.
And who knows, if Mikage decided to use his trippy psychology skills for good- assuming he actually could do such a thing, that is- he might very well be the most qualified person to help Kanae out of the stupor we last see her in.

#52 | Back to Top07-03-2015 04:24:11 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Now if someone would only write a fic in which Mikage earns his redemption by rehabilitating Kanae, I'd read the hell out of it. You guys just sold me on this ship.

#53 | Back to Top07-03-2015 10:59:27 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Snow wrote:

Now if someone would only write a fic in which Mikage earns his redemption by rehabilitating Kanae, I'd read the hell out of it. You guys just sold me on this ship.

Hmmm....

That does give me an idea...

MAYBE....

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#54 | Back to Top07-04-2015 01:49:49 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

Snow wrote:

I'm.. very tempted by this. But I fear I wouldn't do it justice. On my to-do list it goes!

I am an actor, eternally metaphorical

Icon credit

#55 | Back to Top07-04-2015 04:01:31 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

If I didn't have so, so many fics that I've stalled for ages on end I'd tackle it myself.

And I'd read any and all fics with this premise so someone please write it, for all the poptart in the world!

#56 | Back to Top04-20-2016 06:42:47 AM

pesimistamente
Anthy Assailer

yesterday a friend and I came up with some pretty doujinshi ideas:

Nanami/Saionji could work very well for both of them, they know each other since they are kids and maybe that's why they don't try to bullshit eachother as much as they try to do with the rest. Nanami wouldn't take shit from him and the other way around, but at the same time, i can see they caring enough for each other's well being.

Wakaba/Juri. Wakaba would simply hack the constant tragic air of Juri's life, simply by existing. Maybe Juri would take some time to trust her but I'm pretty sure she would fall for her. As for Juri being cold, Wakaba really seems to like melting ice-queen/kings. Maybe the only problem I'd have is Wakaba being completly public about this, and Shiori would step in quickly.

Mikage/Ruka just for the sake of "fukaku, motto fukaku" used in a sexual context. Nah, in all seriousness, it's pretty much replacing Mikage's original motivation of saving a terminally ill person to see himself as a saviour, while Ruka obviously depending on that. Ruka is much more public, social, charismatic than Mikage, while him being reserved, awkward, creepy and dark. The public image is the only part where i see conflict, tbh, but both of them would manipulate the hell out of each other and that sorts of balance things out?

Touga/Miki I am running out of excuses now.

#57 | Back to Top04-20-2016 08:54:03 AM

malna
Caretaker

Dios/Kozue bc ludicrous. Or is it?

a lot of hope in one man tent

#58 | Back to Top06-09-2016 03:25:30 AM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

Ruka/Brunet

#59 | Back to Top06-09-2016 04:13:56 PM

maridaberri
Miki Molester

Miki/ Ruka (or handsome Miki as my brother calls him) emot-dance

#60 | Back to Top06-11-2016 02:20:53 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

pesimistamente wrote:

Mikage/Ruka just for the sake of "fukaku, motto fukaku" used in a sexual context. Nah, in all seriousness, it's pretty much replacing Mikage's original motivation of saving a terminally ill person to see himself as a saviour, while Ruka obviously depending on that. Ruka is much more public, social, charismatic than Mikage, while him being reserved, awkward, creepy and dark. The public image is the only part where i see conflict, tbh, but both of them would manipulate the hell out of each other and that sorts of balance things out?

All of this is so beautiful.
Can you just imagine them strutting around campus?school-devil

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#61 | Back to Top06-13-2016 11:14:04 AM

pesimistamente
Anthy Assailer

YamPuff wrote:

pesimistamente wrote:

All of this is so beautiful.
Can you just imagine them strutting around campus?school-devil

This is a VERY OLD image but it's still relevant:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/zero_rechter/hammm-1.jpg

#62 | Back to Top06-15-2016 03:13:39 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Holy shit I haven't seen that image in like a decade.

My life just flashed before my eyes. emot-aaa

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#63 | Back to Top06-15-2016 05:26:37 PM

pesimistamente
Anthy Assailer

Giovanna wrote:

Holy shit I haven't seen that image in like a decade.

My life just flashed before my eyes. emot-aaa

There's more where that one came from, my photobucket account from the 2000's:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/zero_rechter/groawr7.jpg

#64 | Back to Top06-15-2016 05:37:42 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I wonder just how such a pairing would work. In the long run, it wouldn't surprise me if Mikage had something of an upper hand given he has experience in manipulating quite a few people while as far as we know Ruka's manipulation repertoire is limited to the whole Shiori/Juri debacle. On the other hand, Mikage's m.o relies heavily on a particular method while Ruka strikes is as more capable of employing several tactics.
And now I cannot help but picture Ruka in Mikage elevator.

#65 | Back to Top06-16-2016 12:15:55 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

While we're on majorly retro shit:

http://i.imgur.com/6CXCiLL.jpg

Ahem. I did that*.

*Before I saw the movie.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#66 | Back to Top10-24-2016 07:37:03 AM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

Is Juri/Kozue a crack pairing?

#67 | Back to Top10-24-2016 02:55:38 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

I would say yes, but to be fair there has been a considerable amount of fic written of it so I'm not sure if it really counts as "crack".

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#68 | Back to Top10-24-2016 04:59:16 PM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

Chrome Homura wrote:

I would say yes, but to be fair there has been a considerable amount of fic written of it so I'm not sure if it really counts as "crack".

Could you elaborate?

Last edited by Amasis (10-24-2016 05:03:25 PM)

#69 | Back to Top10-24-2016 07:21:31 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Amasis wrote:

Chrome Homura wrote:

Could you elaborate?

I'd like to hear Chrome Homura's answer, but I think Juri/Kozue falls in that weird zone where there's zero supporting material for this pairing to happen canonically but it's extremely popular in fanfiction. Kozue is just very flexible as a character, and you can pair her with literally anyone in the cast. There used to be lots of Shiori/Kozue back in the day, too, for example.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#70 | Back to Top10-25-2016 01:27:04 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Well Raven pretty much said what I was implying, but a request for elaboration was made so I might as well put in my fair 2 cents...

This is purely speculation on my part, but I assume the basis of a "crack pairing" is a complete lack (or at least nearly nonexistent amount) of canon interaction between two characters, thus leaving the viewer with only educated guesses at best in regard to how a relationship between them could be formed or what it would look like. Obviously the less there is to know, the more absurd (or "crack") it is. As such, it seems to me that a certain amount of acknowledgement from the fanbase (most notably written fics) would end up serving to form a sort of baseline, thus making the pairing no longer qualify as crack. The more fics get written, the more connections between different writers' works end up being acknowledged and the more clearly defined a pairing becomes.

Now, I might have been exaggerating a bit when I described the amount of existing material dedicated to Juri/Kozue as "considerable", but to be fair I'm pretty sure I've seen at least 3 and that's a pretty big number by SKU standards, seeing as how I can only guess that most of the pairings previously mentioned in this thread haven't seen so much as one fic published, at least not to any site I'm personally aware of. Therefore, it's my opinion that this pairing has at least reached a grey area, where it's not 100% crack because you can find material of it with some digging but there doesn't exactly seem to be a clear consensus when it comes to the details. Of course within a fandom like SKU that's to be expected, seeing as how so much of the characters' personal details in general are left to viewer interpretation anyway that reaching said grey area is the best a given ship can hope for...

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#71 | Back to Top10-25-2016 06:58:47 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

To me Juri/Kozue is a crack pairing -- both because there's no support for it in canon, and because it's not "obvious" (at least to me).  There are plenty of pairings in SKU that are definitely not canonical but are still pretty obvious -- Juri/Ruka, say, or Akio/Wakaba, or Touga/Nanami, or even Wakaba/Utena.  The scenarios write themselves.  To me it's a crack pairing if you've got to be on crack to see it coming.  school-devil

#72 | Back to Top12-12-2016 10:03:39 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Forgive me for this but, their is a lady teacher (Guidance Counselor?) that yells and is complaining about Utena's wearing the wrong Uniform to school. Let's assume that she may also patrol the school grounds to catch other infractions, and comes across Saionji on the school grounds when he was kicked out of the school. Somehow after much her yelling about the rules and him forced into temporally admitting that not have a place to say...she offers him a trade some yard/house work for room and board. While sexy times don't directly ensue, he is a teenage boy and notices that she looks different out of her work-clothing, and inspires a few inconvenient boners...

Mikage and Akio

Mikage and Anthy

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#73 | Back to Top12-24-2016 09:57:10 PM

ShiningSanctum1
Touga Topper

Chuchu x Saionji. Can't get "higher" than that xD

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

#74 | Back to Top01-05-2017 08:20:43 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Apparently this thread is young enough that I haven't mentioned my love for Kozue/Shiori yet? Hot damn! emot-dance

I remember having my Kozue and Shiori sims cuddling in a booth when I still felt embarrassed about that pairing, and then my sister saw it, and I was like, "You saw nothing!" D: At this point, I still think it's a good pairing.

Though honestly, it was easier to legitimatize my pairings when I had SKU Sims. Really my own fault for being too OCD to publish them, but honestly I'm not sure I'd even want to play The Sims 2 that much now anyway, though ANYTHING is better than The Sims 4. -_-

#75 | Back to Top03-13-2017 08:05:41 AM

itavin
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Tatsuya and Saioni are kind of perfect cause he Tatsuya seemed more interested in what the prince will do to Wakaba then in Wakaba... So I think hes gay imo (Tho I think everyone in othori is gay but that is for a different place). Also Anthy x Kanea and Brown boy love interest x Molester teacher, cause why not.

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Board footer