This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#151 | Back to Top09-15-2016 02:52:49 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!??

EPISODE 11 IS THE BEST EPISODE EVER

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#152 | Back to Top09-15-2016 04:29:05 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

I AGREE!! emot-danceemot-dance

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#153 | Back to Top09-22-2016 02:02:17 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Aw.. I was looking forward to the finale after the hype from the last episode, but it was kind of a let down. I wanted the student council to have more of a role in the end but after rushing over they just stood around. I did appreciate Kinshiro getting embarrassed though.

I feel like the biggest mistake of this season was getting rid of the student council. I get why they did it, but they were a LOT of people's favorites. Most people I've seen were let down by the decision to remove them. I think they could have easily found a way to incorporate them.

Last edited by HonorableShadow (09-22-2016 02:03:32 PM)

#154 | Back to Top09-22-2016 02:32:30 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I have to agree, it was a strange decision. They're really fun characters and have good chemistry with the Boueibu. The Beppu brothers were good villains but didn't have enough personality to replace the Student Council. I think they should have gone with an 'outer-inner senshi' thing; kind of allies but not always in agreement with each other. Keep the conflict without getting rid of the character development from season 1.

Imagine Kin-chan dramatically dirtying his own hands so that ATCHAN CAN REMAIN PURE

Overall a good season, I'd be pretty happy if they did a season 3. Also[ Dark Yumoto was the bomb, wish he stuck around for longer.]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#155 | Back to Top09-22-2016 07:03:49 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

YamPuff wrote:

Imagine Kin-chan dramatically dirtying his own hands so that ATCHAN CAN REMAIN PURE

Haha I would have loved that!

Yeah, I'd like a S3 too. There's still a lot of characters to focus on. In s1 we got Atsushi and Kinshiro, in S2 we got Yumoto and Gora (plus the twins), we still need some spotlight for En, Ryuu and Io and the other student council members.

#156 | Back to Top09-24-2016 12:53:36 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

HonorableShadow wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

Haha I would have loved that!

Yeah, I'd like a S3 too. There's still a lot of characters to focus on. In s1 we got Atsushi and Kinshiro, in S2 we got Yumoto and Gora (plus the twins), we still need some spotlight for En, Ryuu and Io and the other student council members.

Exactly! I wouldn't mind S2 putting focus on the bros if in S3 we get more student council!

AND MORE ENCHAN :3 lots of Enchan

#157 | Back to Top10-06-2016 06:12:59 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I just finished the second season and agree with basically everything that has been said. Ditching the Student Council backfired and it doubly backfired when you have a music centric finale, somewhat, and have a character voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi and *not* have him sing.

I completely endorse the idea of having the Student Council play Outer Senshi to the Earth Defense Club.

Another problem were the twins themselves. Why did not exactly mind them, I expected to eventually be able of telling them apart. In the end I still did not know which one was Haru or Aki. I guess that was part of their whole identical twins act but it made it very difficult to care for them as characters. Ouran, on which the Beppu siblings were surely based, became much more interesting when the twins came across as distinct personalities.

I also thought the emphasis on Yumoto got a bit too tiring. I get that he is the main character but virtually else took the backseat to a far too great extent. Even most of the battles were settled exclusively by him, you could almost get rid of the rest of the Battle Lovers.

#158 | Back to Top04-16-2018 07:57:02 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Anyone watching the new season of this? I was a bit iffy about it at first - all new characters? It wasn't going to be the same show. 

But I watched the first two episodes and I'm actually really loving it so far! I do miss the old boys, but the new ones are good too. And I love the otter and fox - they're so cute. The only thing I don't like is that the student council is a bit TOO similar to the old one, but it's still early in the season.

Board footer