This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:07:14 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: "Deleted Scenes" Wish List

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Because I assume Akio and Anthy's power is limited to Ohtori. Or maybe not?

I think their sphere of influence is more a mental thing than a physical border. Nanami leaves Ohtori looking for that blasted silly curry and yet doesn't immediately come to her senses upon leaving. I think it's perfectly possible to leave the school and still be in the coffin. Akio might leave the school after the series but I bet he'll stay exactly the way he is.

Tamago wrote:

I don't know if this would qualify as a deleted scene as such but DAMN! I wish that a scene like this was included at the end of Ep 39.

NO. You don't do that to Akio. emot-gonk

...I wonder how you'd preserve an item like that for uh...personal use.

Also seconding more background for Nanami and Touga. I really, really wonder how their adoption went and why. Orphans? Parents sold them? Why adopt children if you're going to ignore them? (Trophy kids.)

I'd also love to see how Akio and Anthy started screwing. Who started it, why, was there mutual consent, was he still kinda Dios? MY MIND IT BREAKS

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#27 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:21:22 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Giovanna wrote:

...I wonder how you'd preserve an item like that for uh...personal use.

Why you tan it into leather of cause and after the tanning is finished you can insert something smooth and hard inside to help it keep it in a 'useful' shape. school-eng101 school-devil

With the finished product you can etc-wankgirl to your etc-love hearts etc-love content. emot-biggrinemot-biggrin

#28 | Back to Top10-25-2006 10:00:09 AM

azuresquirrel
Touga Topper
Website

I've always imagined the deleted scene in my head from the first episode when Saionji said he wasn't the one who posted up Wakaba's letter oh so conveniently for everyone to see. Gee, I wonder who would have access to Saionji's trash can? *side glance at Anthy*

And as a Juri fan I always want more with her. She briefly mentions having a sister in episode 39 which I've always been curious about, especially considering how messed up all other family dynamics are in the show. I also would've liked a Ruka prologue, about when he and Juri got along and how the circumstances played out so that he returned to Ohtori.

Last edited by azuresquirrel (10-25-2006 10:00:38 AM)

Me on gender identity: "I have more gender issues than an anime character."

#29 | Back to Top10-25-2006 10:13:46 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

azuresquirrel wrote:

I've always imagined the deleted scene in my head from the first episode when Saionji said he wasn't the one who posted up Wakaba's letter oh so conveniently for everyone to see. Gee, I wonder who would have access to Saionji's trash can? *side glance at Anthy*

OMG I'd never thought of that.  Excellent point, though... come to think of it, it doesn't seem *quite* in Saionji's character to do that sort of thing, does it?  I don't think Saionji would choose quite that way of humiliating someone -- and besides, we see half the female body of the campus fangirling over him at his duel with Touga, so Wakaba's can't be the first florid love letter he's received.  Anthy and Akio, on the other hand, have an excellent motive for drawing Utena into the duels.  Hmm.  Yeah, I can believe it was Anthy.

Personally, I want to know what happens to the bit-characters before and after their part is played.  Does Tatsuya stay on campus?  Where was Ruka for the first two seasons really?  Also, if Akio isn't really a big fan of stars, what illusions does he personally like creating in the plane'arium?

Last edited by satyreyes (10-25-2006 10:22:46 AM)

#30 | Back to Top10-25-2006 12:27:17 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

I wish to see Ruka's death emot-frown

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#31 | Back to Top10-25-2006 01:09:33 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ivy-chan wrote:

Mikage fishing Juri's locket out of the middle of that lake. Oh, he probably magically voodoo-ed it out via his convenient Mamiya Bride, but it is such an amusing image.

...I'd pay good money for that. Seriously. ^___^;;

I'd love to see what happened to the real Mamiya, although more out of an intellectual curiosity about the timeline of events surrounding the arson of what became Nemuro Memorial Hall; was Mamiya dead before or after the fire? I'd also like to know how long Keiko actually lasted as one of Touga's "little friends," and then as a total random aside I'd love to see Akio playing Freecell on that little computer of his at the end there. Because we all know that was what he was really doing. school-devil

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#32 | Back to Top10-25-2006 03:14:25 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

satyreyes wrote:

Personally, I want to know what happens to the bit-characters before and after their part is played.  Does Tatsuya stay on campus?

Well, Tatsuya can be seen at the beginning of episodes 30 (talking to Wakaba about first kisses), and at the end of 39 (...hanging out with Wakaba), so he pretty clearly stays on campus.

#33 | Back to Top10-25-2006 06:51:54 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

deleted scene....

etc-love the touga shower scene- after nanami leaves Akio comes in and....well you use your brains etc-wankgirl

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#34 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:01:18 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

etc-love the touga shower scene- after nanami leaves Akio comes in and....well you use your brains etc-wankgirl

I...oh...

...seconded.

etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#35 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:07:33 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Speaking of that scene.. did anyone notice that Touga's silhouette lacked genitals? emot-biggrin Not that they can probably show them, of course, but it still amused me.

#36 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:18:11 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

SleepDebtFairy wrote:

Speaking of that scene.. did anyone notice that Touga's silhouette lacked genitals? emot-biggrin Not that they can probably show them, of course, but it still amused me.

Thats easy to explain: Akio got them! How better to keep Touga under his thumb emot-tongue (We really need to get a cheeky stick your tongue out smilie)

#37 | Back to Top10-25-2006 07:18:23 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Maarika wrote:

More Ruka/Shiori/Juri!
And I'd also like to see where/how Anthy would be reunited with Utena.

Actually in the one of the artbooks there is an scene of Anthy with the pink dress hugging Utena as she had seen her in a long time.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#38 | Back to Top10-25-2006 09:19:12 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Romanticide wrote:

Maarika wrote:

More Ruka/Shiori/Juri!

Actually in the one of the artbooks there is an scene of Anthy with the pink dress hugging Utena as she had seen her in a long time.

This is it. Aww, sweet.
http://www.ohtori.nu/gallery/maison/UtenaAnthy10.jpg

Last edited by Dani (10-25-2006 09:19:46 PM)

#39 | Back to Top10-25-2006 11:48:35 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Clarice wrote:

I'd love to see Akio playing Freecell on that little computer of his at the end there. Because we all know that was what he was really doing. school-devil

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was Solitaire.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#40 | Back to Top10-26-2006 05:49:54 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

satyreyes wrote:

azuresquirrel wrote:

OMG I'd never thought of that.  Excellent point, though... come to think of it, it doesn't seem *quite* in Saionji's character to do that sort of thing, does it?  I don't think Saionji would choose quite that way of humiliating someone -- and besides, we see half the female body of the campus fangirling over him at his duel with Touga, so Wakaba's can't be the first florid love letter he's received.  Anthy and Akio, on the other hand, have an excellent motive for drawing Utena into the duels.  Hmm.  Yeah, I can believe it was Anthy.

I also had never considered this possibility, but it does completely make sense.  I just sort of assumed Saionji did it, in large part because I don't really like any of the male characters of this series (with the exception of Akio, best villain ever in my opinion).  But really, thinking back, that seemed like an awful lot of 'effort' for him to do it just to humiliate one of his legions.  It could also be that Anthy just planted the idea in his head (and he subsequently lied to Utena bacause it wasn't his idea, per se), but I think it's more likely she did it on her own, or did it to make her "prince" "happy" if he mentioned not wanting it to occur again, etc.  No better way to stop an action than to publicly humiliate the person doing it.

#41 | Back to Top10-26-2006 06:00:16 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Dani wrote:

Romanticide wrote:

Maarika wrote:

More Ruka/Shiori/Juri!

This is it. Aww, sweet.

Yes yes, that's what I had in mind! I wanna see how that would happen.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#42 | Back to Top10-26-2006 06:14:31 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Clarice wrote:

I'd love to see Akio playing Freecell on that little computer of his at the end there. Because we all know that was what he was really doing. school-devil

Oh come on, no one thinks he'd be playing The Sims?

#43 | Back to Top10-26-2006 08:53:19 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Maarika wrote:

Dani wrote:

Romanticide wrote:

This is it. Aww, sweet.

And what happens after...that pic is very "Utena, take me to bed NOW."school-devil

#44 | Back to Top10-26-2006 09:32:25 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Here's what I want to see...

I want to see more of Juri's shower scene during the Shiori/Black Rose episode!  etc-wankgirl SHE'S GORGEOUS!

And I also want to watch Miki making a milkshake!  I think it would be sooo cuuute!  Especially if he messes up, because then he'd get super-kawaii & go into Miki-kun-panic-mode! ^___^

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#45 | Back to Top10-26-2006 09:51:13 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Dani wrote:

Maarika wrote:

And what happens after...that pic is very "Utena, take me to bed NOW."school-devil

It is indeed! I think it would be interesting to see their relationship, I think it would be much more open than before. But I still think Anthy would be very possessive of Utena since she has left her brother so Utena is the only one she has left. And she'd be more emotional too because then she wouldn't have anything to hide, at least not from Utena.

hyacinth_black wrote:

And I also want to watch Miki making a milkshake!  I think it would be sooo cuuute!  Especially if he messes up, because then he'd get super-kawaii & go into Miki-kun-panic-mode! ^___^

Hehe, for some reason I think he wouldn't mess up. I think he's good at making those and maybe he'd just have a serious/concentrated expression. Gah, still cute!!

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#46 | Back to Top10-26-2006 04:23:59 PM

Hina the Prince
Friend, Perhaps

I'd like to see how Akio and Anthy took over/created Ohtori and their lives before that.

#47 | Back to Top10-26-2006 06:00:52 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

I'd like to see how Tsuwabuki became Miki's understudy at the end of the series. In fact, all of those little glimpses into the post-revolution lives of the Duelists were really tantalizing in their brevity- show us more, damn it! (Shiori trying out for fencing, I'd like to see that.)

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#48 | Back to Top10-27-2006 12:12:41 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

ShatteredMirror wrote:

Clarice wrote:

Oh come on, no one thinks he'd be playing The Sims?

His entire life is essentially a game of The Sims. Why play it on the computer when reality is the same but better?

And I think we all want to see more of Juri's shower scenes. At least, those of us who have even a passing interest in the ladies, which of course nobody on this forum has. emot-biggrin

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#49 | Back to Top10-27-2006 11:02:07 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Maarika wrote:

hyacinth_black wrote:

Hehe, for some reason I think he wouldn't mess up. I think he's good at making those and maybe he'd just have a serious/concentrated expression. Gah, still cute!!

Myuu... I know he's like had umpteen years of experience with making them, but I figure that once in a while he'll be kinda tired or suddenly have one of those piano flashes & discover that he's forgotten to put the top on the blender!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#50 | Back to Top10-27-2006 09:11:40 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

I want to see akio go arround and arround on the carousel at the end!

hed all be like....WEEEEEEE!

I would also like to see someone else driving on the impossibly empty road that akio always drives down with touga...

i wonder if touga gives akio the highway delight! etc-wankgirl

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

Board footer