This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top02-17-2007 04:49:19 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Re: Movies

Giovanna wrote:

Gaiman's Wiki wrote:

Several of his works have been optioned or greenlighted for film adaptation, most notably Stardust, which is currently in post-production and will star Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Claire Danes.

Do...do...do they mean that??? OH MY GOD

That...that's a lovely cast. emot-frown It might work... emot-frown I don't wanna get my hopes up but but...

*chokes on a potato chip*
emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa
What the hell? Why has nobody told me about this? And it's going to be out this summer? This should prove interesting...

In 2007 it was announced on his website that after ten years in development the feature version of Death: The High Cost of Living, Gaiman's masterwork, would finally start filming with a screenplay by Gaiman that he would direct for Warner Independent. Don Murphy and Susan Montford will produce while Guillermo del Toro* will executive produce.

Well, this has bounced back and forth for quite some time, so I don't hold my breath until they actually start shooting.

Incidentally, concerning del Toro, I think that I asked this on this thread before, but no-one had an answer to me, then: The British Pan's Labyrinth site claimed, that Guillermo del Toro is going to shoot H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness some time after he's done with Hellboy 2. However, neither Wikipedia or IMDB seem to support this. Is there any flesh behind this delightful rumour, at all? I'd be eternally grateful if someone knows something about this.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#52 | Back to Top02-17-2007 11:09:44 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Giovanna wrote:

I was poking around and apparently Joel Schumacher has expressed interest in directing a movie adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Sandman. emot-gonk

I mean, Ruka is as likely to direct it as Joel is, but still that's a completely disturbing thought. emot-gonk emot-gonk emot-gonk

Edit:
HOLY SHIT

I saw it in a meican site and thought it was a joke!!! emot-gonk hell fucking no!! emot-gonk

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#53 | Back to Top02-17-2007 06:09:06 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Schumacher needs to stay away from Sandman. In any form. However, I fully approve of del Toro directing High Cost. Oh boy, that comic made me bawl like a two year old with a scraped knee. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#54 | Back to Top02-17-2007 09:44:33 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Schumacher needs to stay away from any comic adaptation!! no matter how many bad adaptations come it will be hard to forget about the horror made in batman!   emot-gonk  I would hate to see sandman in the risk of topping that!! 

YamPuff wrote:

Hmm...some of my favorite movies. The Neverending Story is one, because the Childlike Empress is fantastic.

I have really fond memories about that movie emot-keke

#55 | Back to Top02-24-2007 01:59:37 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I just got back from seeing Ghost Rider.  It's a very silly movie, but still very enjoyable.  There's a lot of overacting, but in the giggly way as opposed to the cringing way.  And I swear they purposefiully put Eva Mendes in an outfit that made me go "boobs" every time she entered a scene.  The special effects rocked, as they should have, and DAMN is Nicholas Cage suddenly very ripped. 

I got to see this on a bargain matinee, but I'd still probably pay full price for it if you want a fun action flcik withcool special effects, eye candy and giggles.  What made my day, though, was seeing a teaser for Resident Evil: Exctinction.  I'm such a RE fangirl.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#56 | Back to Top02-24-2007 03:00:16 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

The last preview that rocked my socks off was 300. OH BOY I WANT TO SEE IT. I actually spent a bunch of time yapping about it with one of my customers at work here, and I shouldn't be doing that. emot-frown

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#57 | Back to Top02-25-2007 08:02:34 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

STARDUST?? emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa HOLY CRAP.

I am SOOOOO glad my friend made me start reading Neil Gaiman this month or else I would have had NO idea!! I just finished Stardust like last week!

*runs around the room freaking out from the awesomeness*

Oh and yes 300 = etc-wankgirl

#58 | Back to Top02-25-2007 11:43:28 AM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

angelicreation wrote:

I just got back from seeing Ghost Rider.  It's a very silly movie, but still very enjoyable.  There's a lot of overacting, but in the giggly way as opposed to the cringing way.  And I swear they purposefiully put Eva Mendes in an outfit that made me go "boobs" every time she entered a scene.  The special effects rocked, as they should have, and DAMN is Nicholas Cage suddenly very ripped. 

I got to see this on a bargain matinee, but I'd still probably pay full price for it if you want a fun action flcik withcool special effects, eye candy and giggles.  What made my day, though, was seeing a teaser for Resident Evil: Exctinction.  I'm such a RE fangirl.

the effects on ghost rider were great but it lacked many things to me, is this kind of movies you just see once. And I got a preview of 300 weee!!! emot-dance

#59 | Back to Top02-25-2007 12:20:51 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

I'd like to see Zodiac when it comes out - I've actually done a decent amount of outside reading on that case before, so I got a little bit excited when I saw the preview. I suspect my want to see it, though, really stems from wanting to see how accurate is - although I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll give the case a solution in the film, which would really suck - really the  only reason the case is so intriguing is that they never actually caught the culprit.

God, I still haven't seen Letters from Iwo Jima... emot-mad

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#60 | Back to Top02-25-2007 01:21:49 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Whatever you do, do NOT see Primeval. It's about a freaking CROCODILE. It really doesn't help that the trailers mention Jack The Ripper and The Zodiac Killer. I was totally lead on, and let down.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#61 | Back to Top02-25-2007 05:39:55 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Didn't they do that in X-Files?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#62 | Back to Top02-26-2007 09:05:06 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

Pan's Labyrinth didn't won the oscar for best foreign movie...

my heart is broken emot-frown

#63 | Back to Top02-26-2007 10:14:07 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

emot-gonk HOW CAN THIS BE emot-gonk

#64 | Back to Top02-26-2007 10:48:52 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

It won  these categories besides having more nominations still didn't won.
Best art direction- El laberinto del fauno
Best Makeup- El laberinto del fauno
Best Picture- Guillermo Navarro por El laberinto del fauno

And the movie of Scorcesse took the big prizes of the night.

#65 | Back to Top02-28-2007 10:23:30 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I just watched SKU the movie.

And...what can I say? Akio was just...wow. emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa The car jump thing was....amazing.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#66 | Back to Top02-28-2007 10:37:01 AM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

Yasha wrote:

The last preview that rocked my socks off was 300. OH BOY I WANT TO SEE IT. I actually spent a bunch of time yapping about it with one of my customers at work here, and I shouldn't be doing that. emot-frown

I hear the dude who directed is doing Watchmen next.  That movie better not suck.  If it does I will pray and pray and PRAY that Watchmen never gets past development phase emot-gonk

Speaking of comic book adaptations, where's my goddamn Transmetropolitan movie? ;__;

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#67 | Back to Top02-28-2007 10:45:23 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Drukqs wrote:

I hear the dude who directed is doing Watchmen next.  That movie better not suck.  If it does I will pray and pray and PRAY that Watchmen never gets past development phase emot-gonk

Haven't they talked about Watchmen movie for ages and ages? I wouldn't be concerned, yet. Then again, they did talk about V for Vendetta movie for ages, too...

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#68 | Back to Top02-28-2007 03:12:10 PM

A Day Without Me

OH EM GEE, ZODIAC!

Its gotten really good reviews, I'm letting my hopes get up and ordering tickets for this Friday! emot-dance

#69 | Back to Top02-28-2007 04:51:47 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Drukqs wrote:

Speaking of comic book adaptations, where's my goddamn Transmetropolitan movie? ;__;

YES, WHERE IS IT emot-mad

WARREN ELLIS, STOP PLAYING THAT STUPID SECOND LIFE THING AND GET YOUR ASS MOVING ON A MOVIE emot-mad

#70 | Back to Top03-02-2007 11:36:26 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Romanticide wrote:

And the movie of Scorcesse took the big prizes of the night.

It's about time, although that's total bullshit, that he got his Oscar on a year where there wasn't really another serious contender. They just need to get him a retroactive Oscar for Raging Bull and be done with it. emot-mad I mean really.

As for Pan's Labyrinth, it shoulda got best foreign film. emot-mad At least it took a lot of the art-related ones, including cinematography, which it totally deserved.

Actually I didn't watch the Oscars, I kinda forgot they were on. emot-redface Usually I watch it on and off, mostly to bitch or praise the suits. emot-redface

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#71 | Back to Top03-02-2007 12:01:20 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

YamPuff wrote:

And...what can I say? Akio was just...wow. emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa The car jump thing was....amazing.

And now, we welcome you to the world of Movie!Akio.

Last edited by dollface (10-30-2008 02:07:38 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#72 | Back to Top03-03-2007 01:17:50 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Stranger Than Fiction is out on dvd!  emot-dance

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#73 | Back to Top03-03-2007 03:23:14 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Its almost a pity that movie Akio killed himself...ALMOST!!
He could had have a great career as the newest team member for this show. emot-tongue
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/QueerEyeAkio.jpg

Last edited by Tamago (03-03-2007 03:53:50 AM)

#74 | Back to Top03-03-2007 12:07:48 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Tamago wrote:

Its almost a pity that movie Akio killed himself...ALMOST!!
He could had have a great career as the newest team member for this show. emot-tongue
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … yeAkio.jpg

The creepy thing is...he blends right in. emot-aaaemot-aaaemot-aaa

dollface wrote:

YamPuff wrote:

And now, we welcome you to the world of movie Akio....ermmmm....constructive criticism. Yeah...emot-rolleyes

I feel special now.

Damn I wanted movie Akio to keep as a pet.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#75 | Back to Top03-04-2007 01:30:50 AM

A Day Without Me

Gee, thanks, now I was just reminded of the fact that they cancelled Queer Eye emot-mad

Board footer