This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#2651 | Back to Top07-03-2017 09:19:44 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Re: Games, yay!

...isn't Narcissu free on Steam anyway?

Anyway, since I decided to go to Otakon this year, getting FF XII HD and DQ XI are on hold for me. No big deal.

Also, I'm surprised no one's talking about the fact that .hack//G.U. is getting a HD remaster... etc-saiowank

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#2652 | Back to Top07-04-2017 01:11:04 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

onsenmark wrote:

...isn't Narcissu free on Steam anyway?

Is it? That would certainly explain why I already had it in my library.

Right now I'm playing Persona 5 and really thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't fully opened up the story yet (currently on the last day of Madarame's palace and poised to steal the treasure) but I've heard whispers of some kind of conspiracy behind everything, and I live for that shit. emot-dance

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#2653 | Back to Top07-06-2017 10:33:45 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

dollface wrote:

Right now I'm playing Persona 5 and really thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't fully opened up the story yet (currently on the last day of Madarame's palace and poised to steal the treasure) but I've heard whispers of some kind of conspiracy behind everything, and I live for that shit. emot-dance

I just beat Persona 5! It's amazing. Kinda disappointing you can't date any male Confidants, though... I wanted to date Ryuji *runs away crying, cursing Atlus*

Edit: Oh yeah I almost forgot, I beat Final Fantasy III (DS version) for the first time yesterday. I'd been stuck on the Molten Cave for years because my young, JRPG-inept self didn't want to level grind. Feels like a breath of fresh air to finally have finished it.

Last edited by sailor-anthy (07-06-2017 10:43:27 AM)

This binch be postin' once every century

#2654 | Back to Top07-07-2017 01:13:46 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Bad Things about playing Animal Crossing: City Folk on a Wii emulator:
Multiplayer functionality doesn't work, as far as I know anyway.

Good Things about playing Animal Crossing: City Folk on a Wii emulator:
It's Animal Crossing. 'Nuff said. emot-tongue

Fake Edit: This post is in no way intending to encourage doing illegal things. I do have my disc (though hell if I know where it went) and I do have the console (ditto) so I figure it's okay enough? Idonno anymore, too busy reliving past memories. emot-tongue

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2655 | Back to Top07-12-2017 03:32:06 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Breath of the Wild is as unbelievably good as the hype had led me to believe.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#2656 | Back to Top07-12-2017 05:20:08 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Yams wrote:

Breath of the Wild is as unbelievably good as the hype had led me to believe.

Couldn't agree more! I'm thrilled the Master Trials DLC pack is here but also pretty bummed that what sounds like a more plot- and character-centric DLC regarding the Champions is still so far away. Available this "holiday" season? Say it ain't so!

I'm quite a bit farther into Persona 5 now and... hoo boy. I've got some... feelings. [Akechi] feelings. I know things will get a bit dicey in the end regarding [him], but characters like this always give me pause and make me ponder things like the audience's omnipotence vs that of the characters, and how the narrative can influence our perception of two similar stories and motives in extremely different ways even before there is a more concrete "reason" to, and whether it's fair or not to completely disregard conversation topics because they are only offered by a character presented as wrong, even if it's actually quite important for the other characters to examine and challenge their own views in order to justify their actions as correct, and... and... I just like this trash kid, alright, I do. emot-gonk However, finding this story a bit pitiable or at the very least interesting is not the same as justifying what actions they may take or really even agreeing with their worldview to begin with.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#2657 | Back to Top07-19-2017 02:59:33 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

dollface wrote:

I'm quite a bit farther into Persona 5 now and... hoo boy. I've got some... feelings. [Akechi] feelings.

Heheheheh, yes, [Akechi is an interesting guy].

I've gotten back into Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which I haven't played in years. I'm glad I got back into the groove.

#2658 | Back to Top08-08-2017 07:37:10 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Persona 5: Dancing Star Night.
My body is ready.

Also, I've fiNALLY been playing the Utena visual novel, and I've also been playing Danganronpa.

#2659 | Back to Top09-21-2017 03:16:48 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Empress_Arcana wrote:

Also, I've fiNALLY been playing the Utena visual novel

and got a game over. DAMNIT MIKI, YOU ONLY HAD ONE GRAINY FIGHT CUTSCENE LEFT! Yes, I decided to romance Miki rather than Juri to mix things up, since I already saw her route explored in Neko Kakumei Kitty’s playthrough. Not that there’s a big difference between each route.
I’m too annoyed to go back to one of my saves for now though.

I finished Danganronpa and I started DR2, but am currently takin a break.

Here’s another game I’m super pumped for: http://www.omori-game.com/
I can smell the crappy "Top 5 Reasons Why Omori is More Epic than Undertale" articles already, but I won’t let that affect my enjoyment of the game. I mean, I know the UT fanbase is... interesting, but I still got me a Mettaton shirt. You can like something without being in its fandom! (Well, I’m in the Utena fandom only anyway.)

#2660 | Back to Top12-09-2017 10:37:49 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Currently playing Chrono Trigger, as recommended by people from the discord like months ago (Zerokohai and Anthiena!) GOTTA STOP LAVOS AAAAAAA

#2661 | Back to Top12-10-2017 12:32:49 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Empress_Arcana wrote:

Currently playing Chrono Trigger, as recommended by people from the discord like months ago (Zerokohai and Anthiena!) GOTTA STOP LAVOS AAAAAAA

Chrono Trigger's some good shit, great characters, bets music, your choices MAKE A DIFFERENCE and lots of replay value.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#2662 | Back to Top12-28-2017 04:43:03 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Has anyone else played Doki Doki Literature Club?

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#2663 | Back to Top12-31-2017 11:11:17 AM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

HonorableShadow wrote:

Not yet, but I keep meaning to...

...once Civilization IV and its offshoots stop gnawing on my brain.

(yay, Steam holiday sale. )

#2664 | Back to Top12-31-2017 08:03:26 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

HonorableShadow wrote:

It was good but not for children. I'm pretty strong psychologically but it was very disturbing.

#2665 | Back to Top01-23-2018 12:58:02 AM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Is anyone else doing the free trial of FF XIV?

#2666 | Back to Top02-23-2018 02:24:35 AM

Toumazori
New Student

Is anyone else doing the free trial of FF XIV?

Im looking for it now, probably I'll find it in few days

#2667 | Back to Top03-01-2018 01:54:22 AM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

I started the FF XIV free trial, and enjoyed it so much, I bought a retail copy. XD

#2668 | Back to Top03-30-2018 12:03:26 PM

Shiva Indis
Juri Jeerer

gpink wrote:

HonorableShadow wrote:

It was good but not for children. I'm pretty strong psychologically but it was very disturbing.

Completed this recently. I remember reading about it around the time it was released and making note of it -- as far back as I can remember I have had a visceral reaction to mechanical malfunctions up to and including computer bugs and the effects of malware, so I knew this game would be like touching a wound for me. But a friend of mine played it, wanted someone to talk about it with, and reminded me that it was free.

I had a great time and suffered an effectively sleepless night because of it.

I am an actor cast eternally,                                    Armless, legless, still existing I am,   
The eternal me and the eternal stranger,                     I am all the mysteries in creation, 
Male/female, positive/negative are the two of me,                 My birth, the absolute birth,
Even light casts shadows, making a pair out of me and me,                I am disconnected,

#2669 | Back to Top07-15-2018 12:49:50 AM

alirafami
New Student
Website

my favorite genre in games is strategy, like a Total war series,i recommended to strategy lovers to play the Total war series
and my second genre i love to play is First-person shooter like a Call of duty or battle field

#2670 | Back to Top07-16-2018 11:45:05 PM

lovebird121988
New Student
Website

Final fantasy is my favorite. PUBG in mobile is on the list too.

Love to share my knowledge with the world to help people achieve their fitness goals and turn their dreams into reality. Visit my kettlebell website

#2671 | Back to Top12-20-2018 11:48:30 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Recently decided to re-purchase Rabi-Ribi on Steam (it barely ran the last time I bought it, so I ended up removing it from my library) and give it a shot.

I love it. It's as adorably ridiculous as much as it is fun and silly. It's like somebody decided that smooshing Touhou and Recettear into a Metroidvania platformer would be an awesome idea. And it is. "The world needs more bunny girls", indeed. emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

Board footer