This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-12-2015 06:57:22 AM

Zander1995
Wakaba Wrangler

Re: Utena Novel 1 - Ao no Soujyu

Dallbun wrote:

Haha, awesome. They look good. I believe Yasha is still working on editing, though she was probably derailed due to moving?

I was never super happy with the title, either. I think your "Twin Saplings" suggestion is best for tone and accuracy of content, though it still doesn't quite hold up to "Verdant Hopes."

One thing - I'd add Ichirō ŌKŌCHI's name to the cover (with it without caps to indicate the surname). It's a one author work, after all.

Ah, thanks! And thanks for reminding me! I meant to but completely forgot. Verdant Hope is definitely a great translation of the title, and that's why I tried out so many different versions because I wanted to find something that would fit the naming convention, while still keeping the tone of the original. Unfortunately it's a bit harder for the first book's title lol

Book 1 fixed (Twin Saplings)
http://s11.postimg.org/kjtnfg21d/Book1v3.png

Book 2 fixed
http://s24.postimg.org/snhdfbn03/Book2.png

Last edited by Zander1995 (10-12-2015 07:07:40 AM)

#52 | Back to Top10-12-2015 08:38:04 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Dallbun wrote:

Haha, awesome. They look good. I believe Yasha is still working on editing, though she was probably derailed due to moving?

emot-frown

Yeah, I've been too busy with moving and painting to do much of this. I'm going to hop back on the editing train as soon as we go on vacation on Thursday, and hopefully I can get at least one of the novels finished before I get back home and have to paint more.

Those covers look really great, Zander, but Gio already made some. We'll take a look and decide. Maybe we can do something like alternate covers?

And is the title "Twin Saplings" final?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#53 | Back to Top10-22-2015 12:58:01 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Yasha wrote:

And is the title "Twin Saplings" final?

Uh... you're the editor. Does that mean I can foist that decision off on you? emot-wink

Seriously, though, your decision is as good as mine. Poetic, the color blue, implication of youth, two trees. I guess "Twin Saplings" hits three out of four, whereas "A Pair of Young Trees" only hit two out of four?

#54 | Back to Top01-02-2016 09:47:45 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

If it's my choice, then yeah, Twin Saplings sounds better. Too bad for Gio, she had a layout already made with the other name. Oh well, she'll make it work.

Aaaaaand about to hop on that editing train right now.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer