This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-21-2010 06:56:28 PM

allaine
New Student

SKU on Blogtalkradio, Sept. 30 - Authors Sean Gaffney and Alan Harnum

Dear everyone,

For those of you who don't know - and that's probably most of you - I've been hosting an Internet radio show called Femslash4Fans Radio at Blogtalkradio.com for the past year and a half.  Typically I interview fanfic authors, website moderators, webseries creators, and anybody else responsible for creating lesbian-oriented content on the Internet.  This month I'm focusing on yuri.  Last week I interviewed Erica Friedman of Yuricon and ALC Publishing, and on September 30th I'll host a second LIVE show at 10 PM EST:

The Power to Revolutionize Radio - Revolutionary Girl Utena with Sean Gaffney, Alan Harnum, and cohost TempestDash

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allaine/2010/10/01/yuri

Femslash4Fans Radio continues its look at anime and manga in September with a specific look at one of yuri's oldest and largest fandoms. Revolutionary Girl Utena, which first aired in Japan in 1997 and reached American shores a couple years later, is the tale of Utena Tenjou, a tomboyish high school student who accidentally finds herself mixed up in a bizarre society of duellists, all competing for "ownership" of Anthy Himemiya, the so-called "Rose Bride" thought to be key to the "Power to Revolutionize the World". Whether you were experiencing the series, the movie, or the manga, Revolutionary Girl Utena was at turns existential, allegorical, and just plain weird - what the hell were those shadow girls anyway? There were also more than enough opportunities for fans of lesbian storylines to see the romantic possibilities between Utena and Anthy, not to mention perhaps a secondary pairing with Juri Arisugawa and Shiori Takatsuki. We'll speak with two authors who dealt with such possibilities - Sean Gaffney, who wrote several stories including the "Release/Deep/In Hiding" trilogy, and Alan Harnum, author of the unfinished epic "Jaquemart". Joining me will be my co-host TempestDash, a one-time guest on my "Kim Possible" show and a past fanfic author in fandoms like "Sailor Moon" and "Bubblegum Crisis".

All you need to do to listen to the live broadcast is click on the link above at the time given, turn on your speakers, and enjoy.  Those of you who cannot attend live will be able to download the show starting Friday, October 1st, in .mp3 format.

You can also download Erica's show below.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allaine/20 … a-friedman

And there will be more yuri to come in the future emot-smile

Sincerely, Allaine
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allaine

#2 | Back to Top09-21-2010 08:41:36 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Re: SKU on Blogtalkradio, Sept. 30 - Authors Sean Gaffney and Alan Harnum

With Alan Harnum? Sold!

#3 | Back to Top09-22-2010 02:29:21 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Alan Harnum is still doing something actively on the interwebs? Be still my beating heart!emot-aaa

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#4 | Back to Top09-22-2010 06:11:28 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

*flails*

#5 | Back to Top09-30-2010 05:32:49 AM

allaine
New Student

**REMINDER**

The show will air live tonight at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST.  Be sure to tune in emot-smile

Sincerely, Allaine
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/allaine

#6 | Back to Top10-01-2010 08:11:55 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Well, I listened in - got on a little late, right in the middle of a Shiori discussion. They mentioned our forums in that discussion too. emot-biggrin Had a few Jaquemart moments, and I wanna check out Sean's stories now. Pretty neat to see opinions come full circle, AND there was that whole Flesh-eaters for Shiori group that was unearthed again!

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#7 | Back to Top10-02-2010 12:24:02 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I missed it. emot-frown

#8 | Back to Top10-02-2010 01:12:29 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I couldn't watch it live either, but they do have it available for download! emot-smile

#9 | Back to Top10-02-2010 06:25:56 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Listening to it.

I disagree with a metric ton of what is being said on all regards.

Sometimes I wonder if I watched the same show as everyone else.

Last edited by Ashnod (10-02-2010 06:26:38 PM)

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#10 | Back to Top10-02-2010 10:46:52 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Ha ha, Ashnod, now I really don't want to listen to it. emot-gonk I was never a fan of Jacquemart in the first place -- it went waaaaaay off into the forest on me, and I never bothered trying to find the path again -- and I also don't recall ever being a fan of Sean Gaffney's. So...yeah. Er. Probably should give it a try, but maybe once I'm allowed to have a couple of wines while I'm listening. To each their own, I guess. emot-biggrin (Actually, is anyone planning on transcribing it? I actually can't sit still long enough to listen to audio books/podcasts anyway, so...if it's written down, I'm more likely to read it. Not that I'm demanding anyone do it, but if anyone is... school-devil)

Last edited by Clarice (10-02-2010 10:48:38 PM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#11 | Back to Top10-02-2010 11:38:38 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Clarice wrote:

Ha ha, Ashnod, now I really don't want to listen to it. emot-gonk I was never a fan of Jacquemart in the first place -- it went waaaaaay off into the forest on me, and I never bothered trying to find the path again -- and I also don't recall ever being a fan of Sean Gaffney's. So...yeah. Er. Probably should give it a try, but maybe once I'm allowed to have a couple of wines while I'm listening. To each their own, I guess. emot-biggrin (Actually, is anyone planning on transcribing it? I actually can't sit still long enough to listen to audio books/podcasts anyway, so...if it's written down, I'm more likely to read it. Not that I'm demanding anyone do it, but if anyone is... school-devil)

It's an hour long...quite a lot of transcription if someone is up to the task.

I don't want to dissuade you from listening to it, though. My opinions on things SKU are pretty strong, so take any dissatisfaction on my part with a grain of salt.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

Board footer