This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top05-29-2015 10:00:37 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: What's for dinner?

For real reals chili. You know with ancho peppers, chipotle peppers, guajillo peppers, Mexican chocolate, adobo, and MEEEEEEAT.

Also beans. Fuck you.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#52 | Back to Top05-30-2015 09:57:33 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Fresh nectarines and Manchego cheese.

(I don't care who judges me, I like beans in my chili too.)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#53 | Back to Top05-30-2015 02:31:17 PM

Enea
Juri Jeerer

Cebularze. :3
http://s22.postimg.org/pkojgk165/cebularz_lubelski.jpg
It's basically a yeast cake with poppy seeds, onion and bacon on it. This dish has its origins in Jewish cuisine, like many polish dishes.
They are so delicious. etc-love

#54 | Back to Top05-30-2015 09:47:11 PM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

I ended up making an omlette with some basil, oregano, some milk, and cheese. It ended up getting a bit burnt and more mangled than I thought it would be, but it was still good. The milk also made it a bit more fluffy than I expected it to be, but it ended up cooking all the way through, so I think it was a good first time!

#55 | Back to Top05-31-2015 04:32:25 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I woke up super early, made blackberry muffins with the lovely fresh berries I bought yesterday, had breakfast, crashed from lack of sleep and am now feeling very disoriented.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/11375782_934470746613088_1313685471_n_zpslr2wzgyr.jpg~original

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#56 | Back to Top06-25-2015 06:35:53 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Tonight I made corn on the cob, black-eyed peas, and watermelon. Yum.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#57 | Back to Top06-25-2015 06:50:31 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Venison tenderloin, cooked in onions over low heat with nothing but salt, pepper, and the most pointlessly small amount of basil.  Baked potato rolled in olive oil and sea salt, and mountains of peas.

It's been a pretty shit week to top a pretty shitty month, so I needed comfort food.

#58 | Back to Top01-01-2016 01:00:36 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Always read the ingredients on new brands/purchases.

Bought some Kühne brand "hot chili sauce" and it's so incredibly bland/sweetened, it's making my actually-hot sausages taste not-spicy. I basically bought slightly-sour ketchup.

But, the bottle says so. It says there's 1% jalapeno, and less than that of red chile. There's more chile on the label than in the product (that's true of chicken on bbq potato chips, too, but you expect that).

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#59 | Back to Top01-01-2016 07:38:33 PM

CarolineWellwater
Mikage Mistruster

(( Woo-hoo for soft pretzel bites!  emot-smile  I know it isn't the healthiest of dinners, but I love pretzels... and hot, soft, pretzel bites.  ))

#60 | Back to Top02-27-2016 05:06:22 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

I scored a beef liver, salt and pepper soak for a half hour, drained, then soaked it, sliced carrots, potatoes, and cucumber in a mix of hot water, black pepper, salt, and crushed Numb & Spicy Hot Pot Lays potato chips, then boiled it down until the brother was opaque and the crushed chips dissolved.

And, someone said it smelled awesome! emot-danceschool-chef

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#61 | Back to Top02-27-2016 06:37:23 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

crushed Numb & Spicy Hot Pot Lays potato chips

This both excites and angers me. I'm excited because they sound delicious, but I'm angry because I'd probably have to go to some West Coast city with a substantial Asian population to stand half a chance of obtaining them...assuming they exist in the US at all.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#62 | Back to Top02-27-2016 06:44:59 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Raven Nightshade wrote:

This both excites and angers me. I'm excited because they sound delicious, but I'm angry because I'd probably have to go to some West Coast city with a substantial Asian population to stand half a chance of obtaining them...assuming they exist in the US at all.

I'd offer to ship you some, but they probably'd get all crushed in transit.

They're literally the hottest potato chips I've ever tasted. So good. So, I hope you can get some relatively easily/cheaply.

#63 | Back to Top02-27-2016 08:20:30 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I'd offer to ship you some, but they probably'd get all crushed in transit.

They're literally the hottest potato chips I've ever tasted. So good. So, I hope you can get some relatively easily/cheaply.

I'm banking on either getting the Asian groceries around here to import some, or sweet-talking my Filipino co-worker into seeing if her family can find and ship them.

Meanwhile, for dinner, I made a bastardized version of BBQ Shrimp. There's no actual barbecue sauce involved in either version, just a lot of damn butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce, and seasoning. I didn't have any lemon juice or hot sauce, so I used Sriracha and the last of some canned chipotles in adobo sauce instead. Still tasty.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#64 | Back to Top03-01-2016 09:07:18 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Lamb dumpling with steamed vegetables and noodles in a ginger sauce. Because I can't sleep and therefore cook.

http://s23.postimg.org/3ww7a2ucn/Photo_on_3_1_16_at_11_55_PM.jpg

#65 | Back to Top09-28-2016 08:30:35 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Am I the only person, outside of sitcoms wacky neighbors and pregnant women, who actually really likes a bowl of ice cream with a plate of pickles on the side (or just an open jar to grab from)?

Cut together, it's probably unappealing, but as a back and forth deal, it really can make both come alive.

#66 | Back to Top04-16-2017 03:59:46 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Tong ho, bok choy, carrots, garlic, red onion, and chicken breast cooked down into a sweet and sour sauce with black pepper and chile oil until it just about caramelized.

Only a few more months of just cooking for myself, most meals, and I am determined to go ahead and get indulgent about it.

#67 | Back to Top04-16-2017 02:29:40 PM

itavin
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I had green base half pizza with shrimp and corn and another half of pizza with pepperoni cheese tomato sauce and the best thing on pizza in the whole world...
(PEN)PINEAPPLE(APPLEPEN)!!! (yeah thats right Gordon Ramsey, you baseless pleb...). Really un-jewish of me to eat not kosher and bread in Passover but ya know, god wanted me to eat this food school-devil #NoRegretsEvenThoughIDontEatKosher

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

Board footer