This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-13-2017 09:01:16 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tomoko Kawakami Tribute Video

Hey guys! This is just a short, sweet little video they added to the end of the Utena Blurays, which were released after her death in 2011. As far as I know, she's the only person from the main cast that has died, and she died incredibly young, at 41. It's just pictures with bits of her as Utena talking, but it's still a sweet sentiment. I think it's elsewhere also, but I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7C42qjI30

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top12-14-2017 06:03:10 AM

Seen
Mikage Mistruster

Re: Tomoko Kawakami Tribute Video

Oh! If I remember right, this is her original audition for Utena. Ikuhara wasn't present for them, so the auditions were recorded.

I can't believe it's already been six and a half years since she passed. Does anyone know what it says near the end? It looks like a message from Ikuhara regarding her.

#3 | Back to Top12-14-2017 11:26:24 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Wow that makes a lot of sense, actually, that it would be her audition.

But I don't know what the text says sorry emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top12-16-2017 07:41:55 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Seen wrote:

I can't believe it's already been six and a half years since she passed. Does anyone know what it says near the end? It looks like a message from Ikuhara regarding her.

This is indeed her audition. The message is along the lines of:

"Tomoko Kawakami is more Revolutionary Girl Utena than anyone. She' s still shining." -Kunihiko Ikuhara.

#5 | Back to Top12-17-2017 02:51:29 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

That figures. Apparently the pics are from when she re-recorded lines for the remaster though and it's always driven me bonkers thar I don't know which ones they are.

Someone on YouTube posted a translation of the dialogue so there's now more details and a subtitle track. Yay!

#6 | Back to Top12-19-2017 04:11:08 PM

anthy_himemiya
Miki Molester

So sweet, I really enjoyed this! I loved Tomoko Kawakami's Utena, to me, Tomoko Kawakami WAS Utena. So sad that she passed at an early age. emot-frown

Last edited by anthy_himemiya (12-19-2017 04:11:30 PM)

Board footer