This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-05-2013 10:23:22 PM

YostinAust
Pathtracer

Utena and mbti

Hey y'all, I know it's been a long, long time since I've been on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone here is interested in myer-briggs typology. Now, I know its largely pseudoscience, but hey, its also based largely on Jungian psychology. And Jung was one of the big influences for the show, so why not? Anyway, I'm just curious as to what anyone's opinions may be regarding the psychological types of the various characters. Here's a list of the characters that I think I can guess pretty accurately:

Anthy Himemiya - INFJ (haunted by guilt, has dependent tendencies, develops her rebellious Idealist side more fully by the end once her burden is lifted)
Akio Ohtori - ENTJ (outwardly charming, multi-talented with very proper manners, maintains a neurotic fixation on power)

...aaaaand that's about it, lol. I'm hoping you guys can help me figure out the rest.

And for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's a link to one of the few reliable sources for info on mbti to be found on the internet: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

"In this age, the mere example of non-conformity, the mere refusal to bend the knee to custom, is itself a service"
     - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

#2 | Back to Top04-06-2013 03:42:24 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: Utena and mbti

Hi, Yostin, and welcome back! emot-smile  I'm closing this thread only because we already have not one but two threads on this topic, here and here.  I hope you'll repost in one of them! emot-smile

Board footer