This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-11-2009 03:27:16 AM

PrinceoftheLostEternity
Rose Assignee

[fanfic] Fire and Ice (post-"Revolution")

You guys didn't really think that I'd let Nikko get away with not having a fanfic, did you? This is an IRG exclusive. The story starts two years after The duel entitled "Revolution", and shortly after Utena's mysterious return to Ohtori with motives unknown.

Well, here goes...!

----------

Prologue

I remember the first time I heard about the duels. It was, on the surface, a pretty normal day. I had just transferred to Ohtori from an out-of-country boarding school. My mother was Italian, but my father was Japanese and even a graduate of one of Japan's most predigious law schools. I figures that, even though it wasn't Italy, Ohtori couldn't be too bad.

Anyway, as I was saying, it seemed like an average day. I was standing in I e of the halls, just leaning in a doorway, as was my usual after-class ritual. A group of boys were reading what turned out to be a love letter to some asshole. The girl who wrote the letter happened to be good friends with Utena Tenjou. Curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to follow the pink-haired girl and her friend as the ran from the area. I then followed Utena to the Kendo hall, where she confronted Saionji Kyoichi, the poster of the note.

I made a point to watch the duels. I secured myself a "crow's nest" of sorts on one of the balconies of the Seitokai tower and watched each elegant performance through a pair of my father's aged brass binoculars. Each duel was beautiful. Utena never failed to amaze me. She lost once, to Kiryuu Touga, but that was her only slip. Well, the only slip I saw.

I'd heard rumors in regards to her disappearance from Ohtori, most if which were completely ridiculous. In watching the duels, I'd learned enough to know that Utena's absence had something I do with them. It may have even been "Revolution" that had caused it. What confirmed my suspicion was when Himemiya Anthy took her leave of absence as well. She was, after all, the Rose Bride.

Two years later, I was surprised to hear that both of them had returned. It was a good many months after I'd recieved my letter from Ends of the World requesting my service as Seitokaichou. Actually, it more or less told me that I would do the job, no questions asked. I readily accepted. I was both saddened and overjoyed to hear that the man who was like a brother to me, Santiago Nephtali, had been selected to be my Vice. It would be a stronger bonding experience, but I k we that I would eventually have to duel him.

Shortly after her return, Utena was already back in the duels, Anthy right alongside her. I'd heard something from the ex-Seitokai saying that Utena had some sort of vendetta against the Chairman. It could have just been talk, but I have no way of knowing. Either way, I was eager to challenge the Champion.

I looked I. The mirror and heaved a sigh at the refplection of the pale girl that stared back at me, her deep blue eyes the most prominent feature in her smooth face. Short, dark hair framed her face, making her cheek bones stand out at it curled around them.

I took another deep breath and grabbed my longsword from my bed. I, Tora Nikko, current Seitokaichou, proudly made my way to the forest dueling arena, completely prepared for my duel with Tenjou Utena. I'd been waiting for this moment for so long, and now it had finally come. Eternity was in my grasp.

I want your love and I want your revenge, you and me can write a bad romance.

The profile formerly known as Prince... oftheLostEternity... was a shared profile, one of whose users hasn't been around for a while.  The other one is now posting as DiddlyPanda.  Wewt!  emot-biggrin

Board footer