This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top01-24-2007 12:00:41 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Re: Reasons for being happy

There is a global conspiracy going on to bring all the cool people to Colorado.  I'm already working on one forumite, why not another?  Especially since I know someone who will probably be needing a new roommate in September.

So yes, come to Denver.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#52 | Back to Top01-24-2007 12:02:44 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Hm, how are the universites in that general area? Moving out of my parents' house would certainly make me happy.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#53 | Back to Top01-24-2007 12:04:23 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

University of Colorado is amazing.  This is one of the best areas for health care professions, geology, and hospitality.

Edit:  There's lso a ton of other colleges/universities in the Denver area, but I'm a Golden Buffalo fan.

Last edited by angelicreation (01-24-2007 12:05:20 AM)

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#54 | Back to Top01-24-2007 12:05:52 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Hm. Well, that would definitely make me happy. And it would be the first step in bringing all of the awesome people here, and me, to Colorado.

EDIT: After reading the gripes thread over in IFD, I'm reminded of how lucky I am that I have such a great mom. And I'm happy about that.

Last edited by ShatteredMirror (01-24-2007 12:17:38 AM)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#55 | Back to Top01-24-2007 02:15:18 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

angelicreation wrote:

CONSPIRACY TO MAKE US FORUM MEMBERS GO TO COLORADO TO START OUR OWN UTENA BASED 'SOUTH PARK'

*imagines a what if Akio and Cartman ever decided to work together...* emot-gonk

#56 | Back to Top01-24-2007 06:17:04 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Tamago wrote:

*imagines a what if Akio and Cartman ever decided to work together...* emot-gonk

You know I'm not so sure Cartman would be too keen on working with a filthy curry-eatin' terrist.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#57 | Back to Top01-24-2007 06:38:54 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

I have this odd mental image of Cartman kicking repeatedly Akio's knee and calling him gay. emot-rolleyes

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#58 | Back to Top01-24-2007 06:43:11 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I don't think Cartman could reach his knee to kick it. emot-gonk Also, how much is he going to get to say to Akio if Akio's busy banging his mom?

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#59 | Back to Top01-24-2007 06:54:52 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

I don't think Cartman could reach his knee to kick it. emot-gonk Also, how much is he going to get to say to Akio if Akio's busy banging his mom?

AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

GODDAMNIT I THUGHT I COULDN'T BE SCARRED EWEWEWEWEWEWEW!

You people yucky! emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad emot-mad

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#60 | Back to Top01-24-2007 08:43:59 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Giovanna wrote:

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS, I'm not used to getting gifts. emot-gonk)

I don't need any public thanks but I'm glad it's been useful! emot-biggrin  As for the other, it just sounded like you got something good (uh em, which you did) and that you just might want to share. But it's none of my business, I'm just nosy.emot-frown

Giovanna wrote:

I was disappointed, his body language was rather well-controlled. I suspect it's smugness related to knowing the Democrats are fucking themselves in their own asses thinking the country is ready for a female or black president. emot-frown

I think he wanted to tone it down this year and seem a bit more humble. He is usually much more forceful. The polls show that the public thinks he's arrogant and that he pushes his unpopular ideas on people (I wouldn't argue with that) so maybe his subdued manner last night was in response to those criticisms.

Ah, maybe I'm crazy but I think Hillary CAN win. And I think Obama wants the VP spot but I'm not sure he'll get it. There's already some tension because some former Clinton people are running his campaign. He doesn't have enough experience for the head job methinks. I think Edwards is running for the top spot and he'll do well in the first couple of primaries. The Clintons and the old Kerry camp don't get along so that should be fun to watch. Richardson might be running for a cabinet spot like Secretary of State. On paper though, you'd think Richardson would be their most electable candidate. He's a centrist governor from a western state. I suspect he will go up in the polls some but he just can't compete with Hillary's money.

As for McCain, Republicans are lukewarm about him and he killed himself with Dems over his support of Bush's Iraq policy. Guiliani is probably their best bet, but Republicans will probably not be able to bring themselves to pick someone who's pro-choice and pro-gay rights. So they'll end up with McCain. He will seem like an old guy with old ideas in two years. If they pick Guiliani, they'd have a much better chance.

If Clinton picks the right running mate (maybe Mark Warner from Virginia) and makes no mistakes, she has a good chance. Vegas has 50-50 odds on her and nobody gets those kind of odds. Frankly, she's the toughest Dem candidate. I mean, would you want to piss her off? She had a great interview with Keith Olbermann yesterday. Anyway, that's the way I'm thinking now, but I could change my mind. Either way, it's going to be an amazing race.

I'm up for NYC whenever. Just let me know and I'll be there.

#61 | Back to Top01-24-2007 08:45:53 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

angelicreation wrote:

There is a global conspiracy going on to bring all the cool people to Colorado.  I'm already working on one forumite, why not another?  Especially since I know someone who will probably be needing a new roommate in September.

So yes, come to Denver.

My mother and her guy want to move to Denver. It'd be great to get to visit.

#62 | Back to Top01-24-2007 08:55:50 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Dani wrote:

GUBMENT

This needs to be a thread because I could bitch all year about how screwed up the next election is going to be. I don't think Hillary can win though...she has way too many enemies and Obama, a black guy whose name sounds like Osama, has more support in the south. She won't even get the obligatory woman vote because a lot of women hate her. emot-frown I was impressed by her interview last night too, but I don't know. Big risk for the dems to take...

Dani wrote:

This is awesome. When I'm better we're all gonna synch up a trip to the city. emot-smile

#63 | Back to Top01-24-2007 09:21:17 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

This... this is why I am happy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRrMoSuDY0

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#64 | Back to Top01-24-2007 09:21:52 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Giovanna wrote:

Dani wrote:

GUBMENT

This needs to be a thread because I could bitch all year about how screwed up the next election is going to be. I don't think Hillary can win though...she has way too many enemies and Obama, a black guy whose name sounds like Osama, has more support in the south. She won't even get the obligatory woman vote because a lot of women hate her. emot-frown I was impressed by her interview last night too, but I don't know. Big risk for the dems to take...

Her national numbers with women were 55% over the summer, in the latest poll they are at 65%. For the general population, she was at 45% in the fall in a match-up with a generic Republican. She's now at 52%. AND a good percentage of the voters in the last election that supported the Dems were about your age. That generation tends not to remember the early days of the Clinton administration when Hillary was perceived as too big for her britches during the health care debacle. Those voters remember the strong wife bearing up under the Monica thing and the powerful female Senator from New York. Now it seems she's pushing the strong mother, strong leader image ala Pelosi which is a great strategy. But, yeah, keeping those numbers is quite the job.

Okay, I'll start a political thread.

Dani wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

This is awesome. When I'm better we're all gonna synch up a trip to the city. emot-smile

Suh-weet. Can't wait. And I'm off from work all summer, yes! emot-dance

#65 | Back to Top01-24-2007 10:36:06 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Giovanna wrote:

Dani wrote:

God, I wish I could go, but money and mental problems (medication especially) are keeping me from indulging. I'll send my regards, at least. Maybe if we schedule a forum meet during the summer months, we could all go? I think that would definitely rock my socks. emot-dance

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#66 | Back to Top01-24-2007 10:44:12 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Oh jesus I dunno do you really wanna do summer in NY? emot-gonk

Besides unless I'm very lucky I'll be in no condition to walk much this summer...it's a shame there's no spring break in the fall. PERFECT time to go. (I'd go over Christmas but I know you all have families... emot-keke)

#67 | Back to Top01-24-2007 11:39:14 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Well, here's hoping, Gio, that you are in better shape than you think you will be. *fingers crossed* And the summer was pretty mild last year due to humans throwing the Earth out of wack. So it might not be too hot in the summer.

You all are welcome to visit Washington DC anytime as well.

I get 12 days off at Christmas, more than enough time to go to NYC. But there are tons of people there for the New Years week. I go for Christmas shopping usually the first week of December.

#68 | Back to Top01-24-2007 05:11:49 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

After reading the gripes thread I would like to state how absolutely grateful I am for my enitre family who love and support me no matter what. And for my dad who is the coolest guy ever and should get an award for everything he does to help out my grandparent's (his in-laws). etc-loveetc-loveetc-love They can be annoying at time but I love these people and they make me happy. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#69 | Back to Top01-25-2007 01:37:33 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Dani wrote:

I get 12 days off at Christmas, more than enough time to go to NYC. But there are tons of people there for the New Years week. I go for Christmas shopping usually the first week of December.

If I'm out of the running this summer, I would be ALL over Christmas. Christmas in the city is just magical. And the weather was miserable freezing rain and muddy snow when I went. emot-keke

#70 | Back to Top01-25-2007 02:54:37 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Now I'm sad that I passed up the chance to go to New York during Christmas last year. emot-gonk

#71 | Back to Top01-25-2007 04:53:15 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Razara wrote:

Now I'm sad that I passed up the chance to go to New York during Christmas last year. emot-gonk

Well, then we'll just have to go next year, that's all there is to it.

Giovanna wrote:

If I'm out of the running this summer, I would be ALL over Christmas. Christmas in the city is just magical. And the weather was miserable freezing rain and muddy snow when I went. emot-keke

I agree, Christmas time in New York is like walking into one of those old movies like It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street and having Christmas be like what you always thought it should be. New York has a sense of nostalgia about Christmas. And even though it's crowded, everyone can feel that it's Christmas time and things are a bit more special than they usually are. The streets and store fronts are all elaborately decorated and the shops compete for who has the best windows but Macy's always wins. Christmas feels real in New York. Guess we have almost a year to go....

And I'm back on topic because New York at Christmas is definitely a reason to be happy.

#72 | Back to Top01-25-2007 11:14:54 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Giovanna wrote:

[If I'm out of the running this summer, I would be ALL over Christmas. Christmas in the city is just magical. And the weather was miserable freezing rain and muddy snow when I went. emot-keke

Interestingly enough, I usually take a trip back to the east coast to see the family sometime in December.  I do Believe NYC is only a 10 hours drive from my folks.

#73 | Back to Top01-26-2007 10:07:10 PM

alexielnet
Unfulfilled Juror
Website

My parents went out of town tonight and won't be back until tomorrow. emot-dance That means I get the rest of the apple juice all to myself. I am extremely happy about this. Apple juice. Yummy. emot-keke emot-keke emot-keke

#74 | Back to Top01-26-2007 10:44:13 PM

Calliston
High Tripper

I am happy because Alexiel's siggie is from my favourite novels. I saw the musical this winter in Toronto!!! I am also happy because memories of my holiday brighten up my day.

#75 | Back to Top01-27-2007 04:10:33 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

I am happy because this weekend I finally finished unpacking all the crap I had in boxes since last year's hurricane scare. And I found the book I bought years ago (then lost) 8 Days to an Organized Life. emot-biggrin

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

Board footer