This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

Poll

Who is the character you enjoyed the most?

Anthy Himemiya

6% - 1
Akio Ohtori

0% - 0
Kyouichi Saionji

0% - 0
Miki Kaoru

0% - 0
Nanami Kiryuu

31% - 5
Juri Arisugawa

25% - 4
Touga Kiryuu

0% - 0
Utena Tenjou

18% - 3
Wakaba Shinohara

18% - 3
Souji Mikage

0% - 0
Voters: 18

#1 | Back to Top07-29-2014 12:35:24 AM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

[Fun]What character you enjoyed the most onscreen

So to take break from critiquing movies since my more recent thread have been a failure in a way, I've gotten into a bit of a argument with Decrescent Daytripper in the 2001: A space odyssey thread and The Edge of Tomorrow review thread did't attract any response aside from counter arguments by user.
I thought I could go to back to my roots as a poster and do a poll thread if that fine with anyone.

This thread is going to be a Poll that list the reoccurring characters, I'd recommend anyone that's voting to discuss the characters and unlike that certain other thread, there's going to be no rules when posting about the character in question so you are free to do a post  short or long post just as long as it does a decent job at telling other users why you like the character in question.

Have fun.

Edit1: Due to the limited Poll question, I could't list all of the character, Luckily I got most of the main cast, If anyone want me change that bottom poll option which Mikage take up to a different character, please let the mods know via PM.

Last edited by Rosesareawesome101 (07-29-2014 12:46:28 AM)

#2 | Back to Top07-29-2014 01:16:13 AM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

Re: [Fun]What character you enjoyed the most onscreen

You might want to just turn the 'Mikage' option into an 'other' option. He's only present for one season so he's not as much of a reoccurring character as, say, Tsuwabuki.

I voted for Wakaba. She really is a good friend to Utena and it pissed me off how her role seemed reduced in the third season.
I really am having a hard time describing why I like Wakaba so much. So I'm probably going to edit this post later to better explain. Until then, bullet points.
-Her comedic role
-Her friendship with Utena being a give and take relationship. Wakaba might use Utena to some capacity but that's not all Utena means to her.
-Her relatable anguish in the Black Rose Arc.
-Her perseverance.

#3 | Back to Top07-29-2014 01:23:09 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Shiori! And then Wakaba.

Or, Wakaba and then Shiori.

They're both hella entertaining to watch. They make me laugh, make me nod, and every so often break my heart.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#4 | Back to Top07-29-2014 11:09:58 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I, uh... actually, I have no idea whether we can even edit a poll once it's posted.  I can't seem to find a way.  emot-redface  Maybe it's a safeguard against perfidy.  You wouldn't want me replacing the eventual winner's name with Movie Akio, would you?

Last edited by satyreyes (07-29-2014 11:11:52 AM)

#5 | Back to Top07-29-2014 11:42:32 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Putting aside my crushes on Saionji and Mikage for a moment I would have to say Nanami made me smile the most. Her filler episodes are genuinely funny and I think she has really great character development.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#6 | Back to Top07-29-2014 12:09:36 PM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

Definitely Utena is my favourite, close by comes Wakaba, she is actually a wonderful girl who really cares for Utena.
I also like Anthy, but her manga version is better.

まずここでこのオスカル・フランソワの命をたってからにされるがよい!

#7 | Back to Top07-29-2014 08:03:40 PM

cypsiman2
Miki Molester

Nanami isn't my favorite character, nor do I think she is the best character, but in terms of just being fun and hilarious and getting the most uproarious laughter out of me, no one can beat her; give the girl a cowbell, she's earned it!

Board footer