This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top05-22-2008 09:45:57 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Re: The SKU Merchandise Flaunting Thread

StarlightArcher wrote:

I actually had a question for you intrepid merchandise collectors. Years ago, I saw someone wearing an Ohtori Academy Fencing Club polo. But, I haven't seen it since. Does any one know where a girl fencer could get her mitts on one? Thanks for any thoughts!

Greetings! Do you have a saved photo of the item?

bella wrote:

I will take pictures, then! emot-dance I don't know how to navigate Yahoo! Auction Japan...would you mind giving me some pointers? I did a search for the ChuChu watch and nothing came up...I think. emot-keke Thanks so much for your help! etc-love

That would be wonderful, thank you! I enjoy viewing photos.

The Chuchu Mascot Wristwatch can be found here. Just like on eBay, the price (the one with the yellow background) means you can buy it now (for 13,000 yen). The item is brand new and unused--but because the item is vintage, the seller doesn't know how to replace the battery. It can be shipped internationally so I suppose you're in luck.

Note though that to bid on/buy items there, you need to have a registered Yahoo! Auction Japan account, and fluent with the language to avoid unnecessary problems in terms of payment and shipping (Japanese sellers are very strict when it comes to these).

Please check this site. They can help you bid for items found in yafuoku and they can also help you set your own account there for a fee.

I haven't tried it though. Since I have a Japanese relative to help me purchase yafuoku items, I have no need for their service.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:00:00 PM)

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#27 | Back to Top05-23-2008 12:35:01 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

......You're not talking about Yahoo auctions. Nope. Never heard it mentioned.
*cannot ever go back, will be stuck forever.*

And buu. My brother has my TV recorded tapes. emot-frown
I miss them so.

I'd like an Ohtori jersey. I mean, I might sleep in it at most, but that would be awesome.
I guess if you got enough people here that wanted them, you could make your own and order them somewhere if you never find them?

I'm starting to hoard LDs and I have no idea why... Going on for my sixth set of the series.... emot-gonk

#28 | Back to Top05-23-2008 06:24:13 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

allegoriest wrote:

......You're not talking about Yahoo auctions.

Yahoo! Auction Japan to be exact.

Ohtori jersey, eh? How do you think it would look like as in do you have any color concept or design in mind?

I'm curious.

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:00:31 PM)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#29 | Back to Top05-23-2008 07:30:28 PM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Yes, Yahoo Auction Japan is good source to find SKU merchandise, it was the only one where I was able to find that fu**ing O.S.T. 7. However, due to language, I can't buy anything from here and set up an account. Furthermore celga is too expensive for me(even if the EURO > USD etc-wankdude ), since they want a percentage for the auction.

If someone kind as you can buy that damn OST for me from Yahoo Japan, I'll wil be very happy, and I'll occasionaly have sex with that person. But since we're all "merchandise hunter", it isn't a good idea to say that here.

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#30 | Back to Top05-23-2008 08:44:36 PM

StarlightArcher
Miki Molester

Seitokaichou wrote:

StarlightArcher wrote:

I actually had a question for you intrepid merchandise collectors. Years ago, I saw someone wearing an Ohtori Academy Fencing Club polo. But, I haven't seen it since. Does any one know where a girl fencer could get her mitts on one? Thanks for any thoughts!

Greetings! Do you have a saved photo of the item? *smiles*

Unfortunately no, I only saw it in passing. From what I can remember it was gray, fairly plain, with a patch near one of the shoulders.

I checked around Froogle and Ebay, but came up with nada. Oh well, it may be one of those unicorn items I'll hunt for years. school-sherlock

Why yes, I am made of Fabulous!

#31 | Back to Top05-23-2008 11:58:38 PM

spiralstairs
Anthy Assailer

I've got a lot of the DVDs and all the Japanese manga, but the stuff I'm proud of are an official movie poster with <a href="http://www.ohtori.nu/galerie/v/movie/art/uanda/Utena_Anthy_Artwork_06.png.html">this image</a>, Utena: This is Animation, the Utena animation artbook, xeroxes of episode 3's storyboards, and an original copy of episode 15's script.

#32 | Back to Top05-24-2008 09:06:42 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Sey wrote:

If someone kind as you can buy that damn OST for me from Yahoo Japan, I'll wil be very happy, and I'll occasionaly have sex with that person.

Hmm... I may not be able to procure anymore yafuoku items until December because I already purchased a lot of SKU items  (and other collectibles) there. Link me to a pic (if you can't provide the Japanese title of that OST) and I'll see if I can help you. Just be happy if I would be able to help--drop the sex thing. :)

StarlightArcher- With a 'patch' near one of the shoulders? Hmm... is there an official Ohtori Gakuen patch (or an image of that on-line)? I'm very curious now.

spiralstairs - Greetings! I love Utena in that image! In fact, there was an NTT telephone card rendition of that as well.

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:02:10 PM)

#33 | Back to Top05-24-2008 09:20:27 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Uhm, actually you can look at this, it's the audiology of EM. But, really, I'm not sure to buy it right now, since I'm planning to preorder the CD BOX. We'll see in time.

Anyway, thanks for you disponibility etc-love

Last edited by Sey (05-24-2008 09:21:49 AM)

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#34 | Back to Top05-24-2008 09:27:39 AM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

No problemo, Sey. :) Glad to be of service when needed.

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 09:03:02 PM)

#35 | Back to Top05-25-2008 03:05:50 AM

aishiteruzebaby
New Student

Where can I buy utena Artbooks? =::::emot-frown I really want a Illustration book, too.

#36 | Back to Top05-25-2008 03:35:46 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

aishiteruzebaby wrote:

Where can I buy utena Artbooks? =:::::( I really want a Illustration book, too.

Hello there! Welcome to the forum, and happy first post!

Um... there are Utena items up on eBay, Yahoo Auction Japan and amazon.co.jp; the last two require you to be fluent in Japanese though, or at least have a Japanese relative, a Japanese friend perhaps, or someone fluent who could help you order from these sites.

I have yet to get my hands on the illustration book myself :( so here's to hoping we'll both have them in our collection someday! :)

Edit to add: aishiteruzebaby = cool name!

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-25-2008 05:11:41 PM)

#37 | Back to Top12-16-2013 03:12:36 AM

QueenOfJebri
Miki Molester

Gosh, I am always wary of thread necromancy, but posting in this one is too good to pass up!

Pictures may or may not come once I'm back in a position to share them. I OWN:

*SEGA Utena plushie
*SEGA Anthy plushie
*SEGA Utena keychain (x2)
*SEGA Anthy keychain
*SEGA Wakaba keychain
*SEGA Juri keychain
*SEGA Nanami keychain
*SEGA Chu Chu keychain
*Utena active styling figure (x2, one is not in the best of conditions but I love her anyway :T)
*CharaDoll Selection Utena doll
*SEGA Real Model Utena figure (x2)
*SEGA Real Model Anthy figure
*The Chu Chu figures that come with the Utena and Anthy real model figures (only one of my Utenas came with a Chu Chu, for the record)
*The CDs that came with the real model figures (only one of my Utenas had a CD as well)
*The entire series on DVD
*The movie on DVD
*The movie on VHS
*The remastered boxsets
*The ring that came with said boxsets! (I LOVE YOU, RIGHTSTUF)
*The first soundtrack
*The second soundtrack
*The fourth soundtrack
*The movie soundtrack
*The first three volumes of the American release of the manga back when they were bigger and the art was flipped
*All five volumes of the manga's American release once this was corrected
*The movie manga
*A REALLY BIG SHIRT that came with one of the boxsets of the original US DVD run (it has that picture of Touga, Utena and Saionji on it... you know the one!)
*Ohtori schoolgirl cosplay outfit
*Utena Tenjou cosplay outfit
*Fanmade Utena button
*Fanmade Black Rose Ring (x2, both by different people)
*Episodes from the VHS tapes that were... uh... copied for me
*Fanmade Utena plushie by yours truly! (the eyes on the official ones are just too fragile for cuddling...)
*Possibly other things I'm forgetting?

...y-yeah... I... I've been collecting for a while. emot-aaa

Things on my "want" list are the Azone Doll (I SAVED UP so I could preorder her), the two new figures coming out in 2014, Juri's locket and an official Black Rose ring! emot-biggrin

(Oh, and I bought a Shiori fanbook a couple days ago off of eBay... I'm one of those rare breeds that like her, and no one who is looking to buy me Christmas gifts had access to eBay at the time. It was cheap, so I indulged.)

Last edited by QueenOfJebri (12-16-2013 04:54:54 AM)

The absolute destiny... of hot pockets.

#38 | Back to Top12-16-2013 06:38:12 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

So uh is it thin? Do you have a scanner? I have this wee doujinshi project... emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#39 | Back to Top12-16-2013 11:22:35 PM

QueenOfJebri
Miki Molester

Twelve pages (so I'm guessing thin!), and only my cellphone at the moment. emot-frown

Once I can access the scanner that ISN'T in the freezing basement, I'll see what I can do! emot-biggrin

The absolute destiny... of hot pockets.

Board footer