This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-22-2011 03:45:22 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: The Utena Scenario Book - an early draft of the movie script

wblstudios wrote:

Anyone here get the urge to get together and record this radio-play style with our own voices?

Maybe we can block off some time for it at the next RoseCon emot-smile

#52 | Back to Top10-23-2011 06:37:57 PM

wblstudios
Banned

... there's a convention?

#53 | Back to Top10-23-2011 11:31:17 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

At least twice in the recent history of the forum, the members of IRG have organized convention-like events which allow the members to meet each other in real life, geek over our connecting thread of fate in various ways, and also tour about interesting locales in the USA. I only remember one in New York, and one I believe in New Orleans, but there may have been a third.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#54 | Back to Top10-26-2011 12:52:46 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Damn... and me without any transportation.  Maybe if you guys came to Florida, I might be able to stop by.

But I meant maybe recording the parts as MP3 recordings, then having someone stitch them together.  Of course, someone would have to slightly edit the script to add narration of what's happening physically, IE the old radio plays of the 40s-50s.

#55 | Back to Top10-26-2011 01:22:33 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yeah, we've had two conventions: NYC in 2008 and New Orleans in 2010 (a.k.a. "RoseCon 2: The EnBourboning").  Both were a great time!!

wblstudios wrote:

Damn... and me without any transportation.  Maybe if you guys came to Florida, I might be able to stop by.

But I meant maybe recording the parts as MP3 recordings, then having someone stitch them together.  Of course, someone would have to slightly edit the script to add narration of what's happening physically, IE the old radio plays of the 40s-50s.

That would be interesting!  Some old radio plays didn't even have narration -- I'm thinking of the Sherlock Holmes plays, for instance.  They just wrote any physical description necessary into the dialogue.  You know:

WATSON: Holmes!  Up there, above the stage!
HOLMES: It's the dark shadow of --
[sound of footsteps on metal]
HOLMES: Confound it, he's running away!
ERIK: Fools!  You can't outrun the Phantom!
HOLMES: Up the stairs, Watson, quickly now --

And so on.  Very gripping!  Dunno if it would work for Utena, but if narration were needed I think it could be pretty minimal.  People are good at inferring things from context.

Stitching it together could be a bit of a problem, though, unless we have a pretty good audio engineer.  The sound recordings would be coming from mics of different qualities, in different rooms with different ambient noises.  Jamming them together would be disorienting for listeners.  The pros overcome this problem with recording studios, but even just all being in the same room and using the same equipment would help a lot.

#56 | Back to Top10-26-2011 01:26:38 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Well... I think part of that could be explained by the fact that this is a fan production.  That could afford us some leeway.

Board footer