This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-28-2007 06:01:40 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Re: Utena and You: Yes,you.

I saw a red car sometime a couple of months ago, and had an irrepressible urge to slide across it and yell "Ciao"
luckily for me and everyone else, law enforcement was not too far away.

"Those shoes are mine betch."

#27 | Back to Top03-28-2007 06:22:03 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Etrangere wrote:

Tamago wrote:

Etrangere wrote:

Oh, yes, i do sing the Tamago, tamago, watashi no tamago song out of the blue, now and then!

In the shower or out in public?

In the street... not very loudly though... emot-redface

#28 | Back to Top03-28-2007 07:38:12 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Sometimes I walk on the street humming "Rose and Release", holding a bag in my left hand like Anthy did.
And, then there's a time when I intentionally sing Dona Dona during a group study thing with my friends

#29 | Back to Top03-29-2007 09:05:23 AM

hyacinth_black
une personne horrible
Website

Sometimes I do the Nanami-laugh.  You know the one. "WUA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!" 

During sleepovers I do the thing that Utena and Anthy do where they both fall onto the bed at the same time.  IT IS SO FUN!

Whenever I see one of my friends who I call my 'Big Brother', (despite the fact that he is both younger and shorter than myself ((he's kind of like my own little Tsuwabuki-kun!))) I run toward him dramatically whilst crying out "ONIIISAMAAAAA!!!!"

Sometimes when I'm in the car with one of my friends (I can't drive yet, as mentioned, so my parents are there) I lean over to them and whisper "doesn't the purr of the engine feel good?"

During Gym class I'll sometimes say under my breath "faito, muuu, faito, muuu"

I have a tendency to treat boyfriends in the following way(s):

1. When with them I often snap my fingers and say "(Japan-o-fied name)-kun!"

2. I always expect them to do stuff for me, like pampering and what have you.  (I really am une personne horrible)

3. I'll usually treat them like a little brother.  (This is quite easy for me because I have a tendency to date younger guys.)

Whenever one of my friends angers me I completely ignore them for a day.  I've found that that particular technique works really well.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/hyacinth-black/woops.gif
Hyacinth Black: Not much else to say, is there?

#30 | Back to Top03-29-2007 09:35:24 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

hyacinth  I do the nanami laugh too!!!

#31 | Back to Top03-29-2007 02:55:46 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

When I go home and actually buy another car, I am totally getting OHTORI license plates.

...I am not, however, buying a bright red car. Slapping those plates on some third-hand Japanese import, however, will amuse me greatly. emot-dance

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#32 | Back to Top03-29-2007 03:49:10 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

I have to admit, one night I was running home because I got off work 30 minutes early.. well, it's about 1.5 miles from work to home and it's UPHILL. I'm not a very fast runner, and I had to make it home in 30 minutes. I suddenly started saying, "Fai-toh-MOOU, Fai-toh-MOOU" out loud while I was running, and it -helped-. The third "MOOU" syllable was what did it. I think I was kinda loud, too... since it was nighttime, people in their houses probably heard me and wondered if there was a dying animal outside.

And I made it home in 10 minutes. emot-aaa

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

#33 | Back to Top03-29-2007 04:56:26 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Personal_IceQueen wrote:

hyacinth  I do the nanami laugh too!!!

Guilty! Well, not exactly. I'd always considered the Nanami laugh to be an untrained version of the Naga laugh from Slayers. So I try for that one and end up with Nanami.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#34 | Back to Top03-29-2007 11:11:43 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Personal_IceQueen wrote:

I saw a red car sometime a couple of months ago, and had an irrepressible urge to slide across it and yell "Ciao"
luckily for me and everyone else, law enforcement was not too far away.

my sister had a red car that i did that to.....and put a small dent in it! emot-gonk
i dont have the flaming agility that movie akio has....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#35 | Back to Top03-29-2007 11:26:00 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

On the subject of the Akio car.. I introduced my friend Cory to SKU, and he is positively in lust with Akio. Every time he sees a picture of Akio he goes into fanboyish spasms. emot-biggrin Anyway, he said when he got his own car he wanted to get an "Ohtori" license plate.

As for me, I share a car with my sister, and we like collecting nifty bumper stickers. I want a bumper sticker of Anthy standing next to the Utena car. emot-keke I'd probably have to get it custom-made.

#36 | Back to Top03-30-2007 03:02:11 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I don't have the Nanami laugh myself but she does remind me of Naga when she does laugh and that I do have as a ringtone. emot-biggrin

#37 | Back to Top03-30-2007 04:22:24 AM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Tamago wrote:

I don't have the Nanami laugh myself but she does remind me of Naga when she does laugh and that I do have as a ringtone. emot-biggrin

People on the bus must hate your guts. emot-wink

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#38 | Back to Top03-30-2007 06:49:02 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Lightice wrote:

Tamago wrote:

People on the bus must hate your guts. emot-wink

Heh! I use the Naga Laugh cos it encourages me to answer it

#39 | Back to Top03-30-2007 11:20:02 AM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

ahhh! T.Kiryuu be careful! sliding across red sports car requires poise hehehehehe school-devil

I like doing the Nanami laugh because it is so high pitched, it's flippin' entertaining.

#40 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:46:18 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Clarice wrote:

When I go home and actually buy another car, I am totally getting OHTORI license plates.

I still want to get a SHIORI license plate, but first I have to learn how to drive a car. >.> I'll have to resist the urge to run people off the road.

Tamago wrote:

That is the best ringtone ever. emot-aaa

I don't imitate her laugh too often, but I do like to mimic her by randomly saying, "Onii-sama~!" Not to my older brother, of course.

I swear, my older brother is secretly Akio. He's the same height as Akio, (it makes me want to push him and yell, "timber!") and the fact that he has a fiancee makes me giggle with SKU-related thoughts. I don't see him that often, though, so I've only met her once.

#41 | Back to Top03-30-2007 08:23:27 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that the Nanami laugh was so similar to the Naga laugh. emot-keke

I forgot what I was going to post here earlier, but then the Utena opening song on my playlist came on and it reminded me. Thank you, playlist!

A while back, I just recently figured out how to use custom ringtones. I was planning to have different ringtones from my favourite animes for different friends, too. I was going to use "Brothers" from Fullmetal Alchemist and the opening Utena song, and the opening Princess Tutu song.

But then I found out that my cellphone only lets me use one ringtone for all calls at once. emot-frown So I just got the FMA "Brothers" song since it was easiest to fine.

But I also use the alarm clock on my phone, and I realized that I could use another ringtone for those. emot-keke I'd like to use an Utena song.. but does anyone know where to get them? I'd specifically like to use either the opening song (probably easiest to find) or the song from the movie when Utena and Anthy were dancing.

.. Uhm.. I'm sorry if that was off-topic. It just seemed to fit with the topic of ringtones. emot-confused

But as for other SKU-dorky things, I really, really want a rose crest ring. I plan to get one.. eventually. I'd rather have that ring over any other ring, even a silly engagement ring. Who needs a regular engagement ring when you can have a rose crest ring? etc-love

#42 | Back to Top03-31-2007 12:35:00 AM

guardian_rose
Precious One

I have one of those rings emot-keke

i got it for my 21st birthday. i cant wear it though.
its about 2 ring sizes too small emot-frown

oh well. otherwise i would wear it while i tear up pavement in my teal wrangler emot-keke

We all have our own little addictions.

#43 | Back to Top03-31-2007 02:36:39 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Rose signet- check
lots of roses- check
spiffy coats- check
Red sports car- check
Texas Ohtori plates... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZLT5T03d7E

I'm furious obviously. I hope I never run into these people on the road.

Granted my car isn't exactly the Akio Car, but still. *beats head on keyboard*
I'm just glad I can't drive often (horrible gas prices and me being sickly, and my car is a pain in the ass), and I keep trying to tell myself they would just sit in my garage on my sexier car and be sad.

One of my friends sent me my rose signet, with a mysterious return address that wasn't to anyone I knew... I wear it every day, but since its over 1 cm tall, and I have horrible skin under it, even though it fits perfectly.

My cars are named Akio and Not Akio, my drafting tables are Suzuki, Yamada, Tanaka (and Yoshimitsu!), my goldfish were named Xun and Shao (Miki and Kozue), I ask people to bring me dark blue roses when I'm sick, and have magically gained a huge collection of (now dried) ones. My friends call my school Ohtori due to all the roses, tower, bells, and all that Ohtori tastic stuff. (I HATE my school though.)

I saved Akio, the lovely red Corvette from being unused for an eternity and the bees that plagued his insides. Now he's dead sexy. Not Akio is a black and red Monte Carlo, who needs much work and will probably end up sold to someone else. I USED to have a Touga bike that was made of pure awesome (side car and all) but I traded him for Akio. My phone plays Nemuro Memorial Hall as well. I wanted to be Akio one year for Halloween, but I have no resemblance to him, and I'm very short, so I was Ikuhara. (also had a blonde super mutant forelock at the time. Ruka's uniform was too much for a day's notice and... I'm too short.). I looked silly, but I WAS Ikuhara...

#44 | Back to Top03-31-2007 04:56:01 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Etrangere wrote:

Tamago wrote:

Etrangere wrote:

Oh, yes, i do sing the Tamago, tamago, watashi no tamago song out of the blue, now and then!

In the shower or out in public?

In the street... not very loudly though... emot-redface

Also guilty. >.>

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#45 | Back to Top04-02-2007 01:37:17 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

actually today, I was saying wouldn't life be great if there was A-Ko & B-Ko to abstractly tell the story?

#46 | Back to Top04-02-2007 02:28:44 PM

Himemiya's Coffin
Miki Molester
Website

First post outside introduction thread!

Actually, it was reading this thread that made me realize I had to join this board. You people all remind me of me emot-keke

Word! The tamago episode is my favorite Nanami episode. I get this song stuck in my head ALL THE TIME. Also, I like to do the Nanami laugh on occasion. It's just fun.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/shuttergirl88/Utena/signature4.jpg

Don't be afraid of this world where we can meet.

#47 | Back to Top04-02-2007 02:58:41 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

guardian_rose wrote:

I have one of those rings emot-keke

i got it for my 21st birthday. i cant wear it though.
its about 2 ring sizes too small emot-frown

oh well. otherwise i would wear it while i tear up pavement in my teal wrangler emot-keke

I got one for my fifteenth birthday last year. I wore it for about ten or eleven months before I got annoyed with how heavy it was. Dios should have made those rings more comfortable. I mean, what if Utena decided that it was too annoying to wear, and stopped wearing it?

I also has Juri's locket. It's also kind of annoying, and I've considered not wearing it anymore. The only problem is that in the back of my mind, I can't help but feel as though not wearing it anymore would be like a bad omen. Plus, I'd have to buy another necklace anyway, since I've had a nervous habit of toying around with my necklaces since middle school.

#48 | Back to Top04-03-2007 02:32:26 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Huh. How bout that I spend a lot of my time mooning over the unattainable? Is that SKU-like enough? emot-frown

Or do I have to start having sex with my (nonexistent) sister? emot-confused

Edit: Oh wait, that's for the guys to do. Sorry, brain fart.

Last edited by Yasha (04-03-2007 02:33:53 AM)

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#49 | Back to Top04-03-2007 02:11:46 PM

Personal_IceQueen
Covert Diarist
Website

Yasha wrote:

Huh. How bout that I spend a lot of my time mooning over the unattainable? Is that SKU-like enough? emot-frown

Or do I have to start having sex with my (nonexistent) sister? emot-confused

Edit: Oh wait, that's for the guys to do. Sorry, brain fart.

Yes, and what about psychological games on unsuspecting people for your own amusement? "Oh, I created that illusion that somebody loved you, hehe!"

#50 | Back to Top04-03-2007 05:47:30 PM

Teapot
Sensei of Sense
Website

I cut my hair and dyed it black so people can't call me "patches" anymore. Only after the fact did I realize this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/tougafloozy.jpg

asdfjretjkhgfkjdr

I need to get that uniform... and a Touga. >=[

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/rinfin/982.png

Board footer