This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-16-2006 10:35:56 PM

randomknives
New Student

Anyone know where to find downloadable SKU clips?

I'm going to attempt an SKU AMV, but I'm having trouble finding clips that I can't actually download (grrrr, stupid YouTube!). Anyone know where to find some????

Konnichiwa, Aka-chan!

#2 | Back to Top11-17-2006 08:02:43 AM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Re: Anyone know where to find downloadable SKU clips?

Well, you can download from YouTube if that's what you would like to do. You cannot use Internet Explorer for any of this. Download the Firefox browser, then download the Firefox GreaseMonkey add-on. GreaseMonkey allows you to run scripts on web pages. Then go here:
http://1024k.de/bookmarklets/video-bookmarklets.html
and scroll down to All-In-One Video Script. Click and download. Restart Firefox as directed.

Now when you go to a YouTube video page, there will be a yellow bar at the top. Click it. You will see a link that says "Download Link".
RIGHT CLICK it, then "Save Link As" and then change the filename to whatever you want but the ending has to be .flv for example use a filename like Utena_Episode1A.flv.Then Save. The video will download. Windows Media Player has a hard time playing flv files. There is a way to go into the system files and fix that but it's easier just to download another player to watch the videos such as http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000 … ag=lst-0-1. Converting the files to avi or whatever you want to edit in is tricky too but there are lots of tutorials online. Just Google. I have not tried to convert flv files myself because I have the Utena DVD's which I just rip. Good luck!

Last edited by Dani (11-17-2006 07:19:02 PM)

#3 | Back to Top11-17-2006 05:24:48 PM

randomknives
New Student

Re: Anyone know where to find downloadable SKU clips?

Thanks a ton!!!!

Konnichiwa, Aka-chan!

Board footer