This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-18-2012 11:10:31 PM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Aion: Ascension and now all the other MMO's too XD

Aion is a well polish Mmorpg by NCsoft known for the City of heroes and Guild wars 1 and 2.
There's two races:
The Asmodians or the Elyos
You will like this game a lot if you played Post-World of warcraft Mmorpg/Clones before, if you hate Mmorpgs in general or prefer Hardcore Mmorpgs like Everquest then stay away from this thread.
The character customization is really good too, their is a lot of options for the appearance of your character plus armor skin and really well design armor for your character, Here's my character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzkmsvF5XZc
As you could I have modeled my character after a certain protagonist of a show that the reason why this forum exist(Utena of course)
The combat is you basic Mmorpg fluff thought the pace of fights is consistent and you gain wings at level 10 which allows for Aerial combat which helps separates it from other Mmorpg.
Oh it a Korean mmorpg so be aware that theirs going grinding.
So come onto my server(Siel) and do some 1v1 PvP or Raiding with me, we could forum a PvP/Roleplaying guild called Ohtori academy.

#2 | Back to Top02-10-2014 12:13:57 AM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Re: Aion: Ascension and now all the other MMO's too XD

Necroing this thread to talk about how addicted to this game I am.
Although they're on Steel Cavalry now, which is badass.  I recommend it to anyone who likes MMORPGS and has a lot of time to kill.
I'm an Elyos on Israphel (or however you spell it), and an Asmodian on Tiamat if anyone's interested in playing. 
And by that I mean, you absolutely should play with me.

Last edited by winksniper (02-10-2014 12:26:46 AM)

#3 | Back to Top02-10-2014 11:09:44 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Huh. Gio and I bought in to the EQNL Alpha, so we're sorta into that and LOTRO right now. I do remember Aion coming up as a possiblity, though.

Sadly, we are terrible at games. We play well, but we do the  HOLYSHIT ALL DAY EVERYDAY for like a week, then we remember we have other things to do and we disappear. Sometimes forever. emot-frown

Also, renaming this to MMO's in General. What are all the rest of you playing?

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top02-10-2014 11:21:28 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

At this point the EQNL alpha is more a massive Minecraft server that looks pretty than an MMO.

Which is...not a problem at all. emot-dance

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top02-11-2014 08:11:21 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

My friend talked me into trying Aion out so I'm downloading it now. Gonna be a pistol lady emot-dance

As MMORPRG's go I've played TERA (pretty meh) and tried out SW: TOR (bleh). Neither lasted very long on my computer.

But I've been playing League of Legends quite consistently for about 3 years. I still suck at it (with occasional stellar moments, I must say) but It's fun so what the hell.

#6 | Back to Top02-12-2014 03:23:55 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I play League of Legends, too, sporadically!  I enjoy it, but I've never played a PvP game because I can't take the pressure emot-redface  I think Annie is my best champion at the moment.  How about you?

#7 | Back to Top02-12-2014 03:46:46 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Thresh is pretty awesome! I mostly play supports and tanks, a few mages here and there.
I adored the old Karma so I refused to play her after the rework and whined that 'I played Karma before she was cool' and 'They changed it, now it sucks', but I've given her a shot recently and MY GOD does she pack a punch! She's more Ability Power-based than Support right now, but she was a so-so support before so it's not such a big loss anyhow. I'll miss the sakura petals though emot-frown  and the Sakura skin (the only skin I own) looks pretty fugly now.

And you're right about the pressure, the LoL community can be just awful sometimes. But the tactics are ever-changing and new opponents are always a challenge, so I might say I prefer that sort of game to a standard MMORPG Grindfest.

Annie is adorable, but I've yet to try her out emot-redface I fear her stuns more than I fear her ult!

#8 | Back to Top02-13-2014 06:31:28 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

As you should!!  Tibbers is only, like, the third most important thing about Annie.  Her stuns (Pyromania) are the most important thing -- even now that they've been nerfed for Season 4 -- and the second most important thing is that her Q is a fire attack that refunds the mana used to cast it if it kills the target.  This lets Annie's farming get pretty beastly and gives her good sustain in the early game.  But Tibbers is pretty good too.  :3

I've never played Karma emot-frown  I've limited myself to champions who don't cost much, since I don't play enough to have loads of IP and I don't want to buy loads of RP.  So I can play Annie and Cho and Yi and Ashe, but I'm lost as far as the more expensive champions, especially the ones who don't appear as AI opponents.

#9 | Back to Top02-26-2014 12:09:39 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

I played FFXI extensively back in college and a few years thereafter. I made some really good friends and had a ton of fun, but I also let it eat my  life. I also realized I inherently dislike the game design behind them, where things are constantly being changed around you and there's no static goals. FFXI managed to avoid that for a long time by focusing on ridiculously hard to get stuff with PVP claiming competition, but eventually they gave in too. I guess that was wise, because most people seem to prefer moving goal posts to goals that are unattainable for 50-95% of players, depending on the specific thing. I prefered the hard to get stuff that remained constant though. And it was my first MMO, so I just assumed it was normal design at the time. That's a pretty dated game now at any rate, although I still think it's cute and fun. I almost started it up again, but apparently I have better self-control and realized I can't spend the needed time on it and more important stuff I have to do simultaneously, so that didn't take off. Still miss it though, I had a lot of fun there, and wish I'd managed to finish up a few more things before I quit. At any rate, I don't play any MMOs now. For me, that's definitely for the best.

I played Aion for like, a week? A bit more. I don't really like direct PVP in MMO's though. I was into the non-actual pvp group conflicts of other games, but I don't really want to poke people's avatars. I had a bigger list of problems with Aion when it came out, but I totally forget what they were now. That was awhile back. But PvP centric MMO's just don't make sense to me. If I want twitchy stuff, there are excellent games on the ps3/4/etc for that. MMO's just don't seem like the best venue for it.

Last edited by Valeli (02-26-2014 12:11:54 PM)

#10 | Back to Top02-26-2014 12:46:34 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I... only play Guild Wars 1, and because Aine successfully sold me on it four years ago (in fact, four years ago last Sunday!). I'm an officer of her guild, and occasionally prowl around for forumites that might be convinced to join. Her two selling points for the game were no subscription fees and hey, it's fun, why not join us?

I... have doubt anybody would be able to convince me to play any other MMOs, though. u_u

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#11 | Back to Top02-26-2014 02:14:18 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Right now? Maple Story, since it will run on Morgana without chugging. I just got into the open beta for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, which is actually pretty awesome. And I had just gotten into Ragnarok Online II, but for some reason, the launcher doesn't want to work -- stupid Windows.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#12 | Back to Top02-28-2014 01:34:12 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Alas: Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine in America is shutting down.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#13 | Back to Top10-06-2014 05:49:43 AM

Rosesareawesome101
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Hey everyone, thought I necro thread this since I've got Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I'm on Moogle and my character is Lywin Arkans who is a Lvl 14-15 Arcanist so you'll find me in La Noscea and Limsa Lominsa around 12:00pm-11:00pm Australian Eastern Time(GMT +11 hours).

Board footer