This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-17-2006 03:38:54 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Lucky to be Alive...

All right, which Rose Garden attendees have escaped from certain death???

I'll start off with my own story, which occurred today, because my heart is still in my throat!
I was Christmas shopping this evening. My best friend was driving, with her sister in the front seat, the sister's perfect son (5) who I love in the back car seat, and I was sitting right next to him so I could watch him play his Gameboy. We're on I-10, around 70mph. A semi was in front of our car and suddenly, Sparks Covered The Road... dear God, I had no clue what was happening... I thought we were goners!

The back of the semi, had come UN-HINGED - right in front of us! Thankfully, in a split second we hurried into the left lane, as the truck jack-knifed across the interstate, then landed in the ditch. We stopped, hopped out, and saw the entire load had buried the front part of the vehicle. (we did not know, at the time, that the truck had come unhinged, and thought the driver was smashed under all the debris - did not see it leave the front part of the truck because of the spark shower) So, when the driver of the semi actually walked up - I screeched out, "Merry Christmas, sir!" and hugged him. Well, I thought he was dead... so Merry Christmas, indeed.

The best friend I was with, incidentally, was the friend who was driving in my super car accident this past April, where I broke my back, because I was serving as suicide watch during her drug relapse. So I felt like I was in the movie, final destination. Didn't die the first time, about to go now. Crap, and I already was developing into a nervous driver because of the accident, NOW, it's going to be even worse. Drats!

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#2 | Back to Top12-17-2006 04:06:34 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Re: Lucky to be Alive...

Frosty wrote:

SCARY-ASS STORY

...I'm so glad you're okay! [hugs] What a bastard of a thing to happen around Christmas...although when it comes to driving and accidents, in my experience the only way to get back behind the wheel is to do it as soon as possible. The longer you leave it, the harder it gets. Obviously don't do it TOO soon, but don't think too long on it. Nobody would drive at all if they actually realised what they're cruising around at speed in. emot-frown

I have had a semi-minor car accident, but the closest I've come to actually being in danger was when I was almost swept out to sea in a rip as a ten year old -- but that's not exactly uncommon around home. emot-keke;; I've only ever been in situations where I felt uneasy...the danger itself wasn't making itself apparent. (I also remember walking around the air outflow system on the roof of the reduction lines of an aluminium smelter; this was fine until I realised the pipe I was on (bore about two metres) didn't have a catwalk and the metal of it was corroded in places and bending under my feet. If I had fallen into it, the velocity of the air would have sent me straight into the scrubbers. Which would have killed me rather messily. After that, I stuck to the catwalks, no matter how inconvenient it could be...)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#3 | Back to Top12-17-2006 04:38:26 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Clarice wrote:

...I'm so glad you're okay! [hugs] What a bastard of a thing to happen around Christmas...

That's so nice! You never know how little things you do affect other people. What shambles I was in, it was very touching to hear someone else's concern! Thanks! etc-love  I'll be driving right away, turns out, I must exchange a gift. 

Swept to sea though, that's rather romantic. (glad you were NOT) What a way to go! If I had to choose the way I died, after 'being asleep', drowning at sea might be my selection.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

#4 | Back to Top12-17-2006 05:13:53 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

One year ago I had an allergic disorder, and I started being allergic to things that i wasn't before and visceversa. One day i was sick (it was authum, it's pretty normal catching a cold) and my mother gave me an aspirin. When she returned from job I was still in bed, inflated and purple, my eyes were red as the Touga's hair (bleeging nose and ears) and I was practically dead. My mother took me to Urgencies, I was concious, I remember to see me in the mirror and not recognizing myself, the people were looking at me terrified by the street and curious, most of them were staring for pure morbidity. When we come to Urgencies, my sight clouded over completely, I started to cry, i was very afraid. I couldn't hear what my mother was saying me anymore and i couldn't speak, then I fainted. The next thing that i remember is being in a hospital bed, they revived me and injected me "cortizona" (don't know the word in english). After that, I spent 2 weeks in bed recovering my original aspect.

Frosty wrote:

So I felt like I was in the movie, final destination. Didn't die the first time, about to go now.

Right now i'm sick again, it's the same date 8D so i was thinking about it too. Plus, i caught a really werid cold this time, so i was very, very afraid ;_; ...

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (12-17-2006 05:33:21 AM)

#5 | Back to Top12-17-2006 05:32:34 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

Plus, i caught a really werid cold this time, so i was very, very afraid ;_; ...

Oh no! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! etc-love Take courage, I'm hoping that your system built up a sort of immunity from the last time, so that nothing will affect you as strongly negatively again. Sometimes allergies come and go through life, I was never allergice either, experienced one or two attacks when I was 19 or so, then they dissapeared and I've been okay since then. I hope it will be the same for you too!

#6 | Back to Top12-17-2006 05:36:47 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

(congrats, 100 messages D: !)

Don't know, allergies are so werid, i'm allergic to 123948547 things, but the deadly ones are the allergies to meds, if you are allergic to apples, then you'll just throw up. But if you are allergic to a med, you'll have a shock in not more than 24hrs.

#7 | Back to Top12-17-2006 11:05:26 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I'm relieved to hear you are alright, Frosty. 

The closest I get was I was driving home from college and was behind a pick-up truck with a ladder tied into the bedof the truck, the end hanging over the tailgate.  I changed lanes to pass the truck and just as I did, the ladder broke free of whatever was tying it down and it flew off the back and hit the road right where my car had been.  Whew... I was lucky.  I don't think the accident that would have resulted would have killed me, but I would have been in a sorry state since there was a dividing wall immediately to the left.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#8 | Back to Top12-17-2006 11:17:01 AM

Xu Yuan
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I have a plethora (three...) stories of myselfalmost dieing, or being seriously injured, wouldnt know... Anyway the first was when I was 4 or 5 andfell into a... puddle? The memory is strange, walking through a forest, fell into a puddle that was apparently taller then myself and one of my Dad's friends saved me. Then only last  year I fell flat face into a rock from about  feet up... but I felt no pain at all. Then again last year, I was riding down a shopping cart on a hill (Because I'm weird like that. Well the thing flips over half way down but I manage to roll out in time... of how I am unsure. I always felt very lucky in those kind of predicament's, except when I was young and the...puddle... thing.

#9 | Back to Top12-17-2006 11:30:44 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Strange as it may sound, I have a memory somewhere in the back of my mind that tells me that I almost died. But as much as I try to remember anything, I can't seem to. Then again, it just might be leftovers of my suicidal wishes. Ah well... The closest I got to death was when I almost poked out my eye with a knife. That, and when I tried to stop breathing as a kid. d:

#10 | Back to Top12-17-2006 12:33:59 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Glad that all you got was a scare, Frosty. I can imagine that to be a rather shocking experience.

Never had a real near-death experience, myself - at least any that I've understood as such, but once, in high-school if I had gone to a certain shopping center a couple of hours later than I did, I might have been oneof the victims of a self-styled suicide bomber kid - you can do substatial damage to a building with common house chemicals, apparently...
Most stupidly, the guy possibly didn't even want to kill himself or anyone else, but his homemade bomb went off by itself. No conclusive evidence, either way...

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#11 | Back to Top12-17-2006 01:15:07 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

IT HAPPEND AGAIN, IT DID HAPPEND AGAIN!! IT WASN'T A WERID COLD, IT WAS THE SAME AGAIN ;___________________;

I'm back from the hospital, another week without school, i look horrible. I really want to cry, i hate this i hate it!!!!

#12 | Back to Top12-17-2006 04:38:33 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

My earliest memory is almost dying of a penicillin allergy when I was two, but I've had pretty good luck since then.

I got it in that chalky white liquid and up to this day I can't drink milk, coconut juice, or anything with cream. I think about it and throw up again.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#13 | Back to Top12-17-2006 04:50:56 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

IT HAPPEND AGAIN, IT DID HAPPEND AGAIN!! IT WASN'T A WERID COLD, IT WAS THE SAME AGAIN ;___________________;

I'm back from the hospital, another week without school, i look horrible. I really want to cry, i hate this i hate it!!!!

emot-frown

You poor thing emot-frown You'll be all right, it's just a matter of time and care. Please don't stress yourself out thinking about how you look, you're sick and no one expects a sick person to look like a supermodel. *hugs* Just get better, and be careful of those allergies in the future.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#14 | Back to Top12-17-2006 11:07:08 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Epi_lepsia wrote:

IT HAPPEND AGAIN

OH SO SORRY! ;_; Have they narrowed down what the cause of this reaction is yet? I assumed it was apirin, but if it's something else... are they running tests to decide what it is? Well, I hope that you get some solid information about what causing that soon, so you can protect yourself. Till then, take care... and I've seen your suit pics, SO CUTE, don't worry you'll be back to strutting your stuff in theater class soon. Get Well Soon!

#15 | Back to Top12-17-2006 11:30:59 PM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

Well, I just had my first experience driving in the snow, at night no less.  I won't be doing that again.  Quite scary, trying to brake on 287 and skidding across three lanes.  Good god.

#16 | Back to Top12-18-2006 03:07:42 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Yasha wrote:

You poor thing emot-frown You'll be all right, it's just a matter of time and care. Please don't stress yourself out thinking about how you look, you're sick and no one expects a sick person to look like a supermodel. *hugs* Just get better, and be careful of those allergies in the future.

Uh... is not about how i look ;_; is about, dang, i'm allergic to new things every 5 minutes. This-sucks x_x

Frosty wrote:

OH SO SORRY! ;_; Have they narrowed down what the cause of this reaction is yet? I assumed it was apirin, but if it's something else... are they running tests to decide what it is? Well, I hope that you get some solid information about what causing that soon, so you can protect yourself. Till then, take care... and I've seen your suit pics, SO CUTE, don't worry you'll be back to strutting your stuff in theater class soon. Get Well Soon!

Final destination, final destination... *trauma* This time was for a cought med that i've been taking since I am 4 years old. Ahhhh, I want pop-tarts, but not pop-tarts in spain, not muffins, not pies ... I want a lemon pie.... ;__; i hope i'm not allergic to lemon pies too x_x

I'll have the test next week, when i'm better.

Board footer