This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-25-2011 09:17:55 AM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

SKU Dreams

Is there a thread dedicated to sku dreams? Please forgive me if there is, i searched for one and i didnt see...(maybe it hid from me? emot-gonk )but i felt like i would start one since...i just had one!! emot-dance

it was odd, the only people from it were anthy and akio (mainly focused on akio, and it was series version of both....i love akio is all the versions, but i really only like movie!anthy...)

so i was at my high school (i just graduated irl this year, and i've been having SO many dreams about being there or my k-8 school.) and i was there for some final test for cg. it was raining. we didnt really have one, but at the end i called my mom  to come pick me up when  one of my friends asked if i could stay to go say hi to a friend in the basement of the building. by this time my mom arrived and i wanted to go home, so i said i couldnt. i get in the car, and then, weirdly, the dream switched to the setting of the k-8 school, it was the last day (also, it was filled with all the high school people, it wasnt k-8...that tends to happen so much in my dreams lol) and people were beginning to decorate the cafegymetorium for the final ceremony where they talk about the seniors...it wasnt a graduation, but they gathered and praised the seniors? lol (thats not something from irl, thats a dream thing. and im not 100% sure that was it but i think it was...) it was early in the day so i had a while until i needed to get to it. and someone came up to me telling me one of my friends needed help (in the beginning it's an irl friend) so we go and walk about the entire school (for some reason we were allowed to?? XDD a bunch of people were, but not TOO many it was crowded....bad children LOL) the person who told me i needed to find my friend also mentioned it had something to do with...brace yourselves...akio! and we look in different rooms and then we spot akio. it's odd, but i fall in love at first sight with him? emot-confused my main goal is to find my friend, but i didnt mind chasing him lol (and im not even utena...im just...me XD) so he's outside in between two parts of the buildings near some sort of sandbox...and i chase him there and i almost get him when he disappears. he's real, he just has the ability to do this.

i walk outside in the front of the school, and im with the person who told me the friend was in trouble (again for clarification, the friend is someone i'm close to irl,but the person telling me they need help is random and i've never met them in non-dream land lol) we run around the entire school, and i keep saying "he's just around the corner!". and we make it to the back of the school, where the playground is. there are two pretty huge trees there with those weird hole faces, but these are more obviously faces. there are two, but they are the same face, and i yell "THATS HIM! THATS AKIO! HE'S THE TREE!" and when i ran passed them, looking back at the tree, they made one face, together(like, they leaned into each other somehow). he want LITERALLY the tree, i was saying that he came from the tree, and he's some sort of spirit from it. i make it to the other side of the playground and i see him, and i yell out that i needed to speak to him, and suddenly, the bell rings signaling recess is over. it wasnt recess when i went out, and i looked back at the playground and saw a bunch of people were playing and started to go back into the building. i go too, so not to get in trouble, and akio was gone anyways. i'm inside the building and the english i had freshman year is there and we begin talking and she's saying how proud she is of me, and i mentioned that i needed to find akio (akio was...i think the principal? O_O) and she gets upset and says i shouldnt be obsessing over him.

the doors that everyone came in from were still open, and i see akio in the distance, walking towards the door. i run to the exit and extend my arm for him. the teacher, and others are are trying to restrain me from doing this, but akio soon walks in and asks if i would like to follow him. i say yes, and i find a bouquet of roses that are mixed with a orange/pink color and white and bring them with me. we then are magiclaly transported to a room, where i find anthy sitting on a couch with a white blanket, she has a coffee table with a bouquet of purple flowers (not roses though..) and is watching tv. akio stands in front of the tv, and asks me what i'm going to do about this situation, and begins to explain he needs ONE girl here by his side, and it doesnt matter if the girls are willing to switch places. i snap out of love with akio (has anyone ever read junji ito's lovesick dead/undying love? it's kind of like i was any random girl in that series and he was the pretty boy xD) but i'm thinking i cant leave her here, so i ask what i need to do. he then tells me he lives off of people's flowers(literal flowers... XD) and that he's really apart of nature  but he's not able to back to the tree, and somehow by feeding off of flowers it keeps him...idk. he actually didnt clarify that part, he wasnt going to die without them, he just needed them for some reason. the bouquet in my hand, the 2 different colors were actually separated, but by the time i got there, the pink orange color and the white had made mixture roses, where they were different spots of the color and white. i took them out, and gave them to him and he proceeded to eat the flower part (he didnt eat the stem.) and anthy was allowed to leave, and she did.

after this happens, i find out that whosever flower he eats(gosh that sounds wrong Demot-smile, he becomes a slave to them since they are bound to him for a really long time. this part was just before i woke up, and when i dream i'll have like a little random bit sometimes lol i think it was like some filler until i woke up LOL. and the last thing i remember was him driving me to a water park. yep XD

--

some minor things:

there was more during my chase for akio (before i saw the tree) but i cant remember....it was a more extensive search of the school though, and i did see him but he would be gone, i did talk to him once before he vanished but briefly.

he was wearing the regular tv outfit

he demonstrated having to eat flowers by eating more purple ones before my roses, anthy had her own bouquet and i guess the flowers regenerate inside the bouquet. her flowers also looked like lilies.

my friend somehow transformed to anthy during the search, yes LOL. i was never utena though. i did have a skinnier body, but after i was with akio, i turned...extra fat? i'm not skinny irl, but i turned into something bigger and...akio just had to deal with it emot-rofl

--

and that was my (sort of) sku dream! emot-rofl again i apologize if i overlooked a similar thread already...but i love hearing about dreams, myself...theyre so interesting, i think emot-dance

#2 | Back to Top08-25-2011 09:38:07 AM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

Re: SKU Dreams

Interesting thread.

Last night, I dreamed that a SKU sequel was made in Canada. Go figure. emot-confused

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#3 | Back to Top09-03-2011 06:20:10 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

yuzukelly wrote:

"THATS HIM! THATS AKIO! HE'S THE TREE!"

That made me laugh out loud XD

I haven't really had any major Utena dreams. I did have one where I was in denial about Akio not being a nice guy, and during that dream it wasn't really clear if I was actually me or if I was Utena o_0
I've had a couple characters (Juri, Anthy, Miki) show up randomly in a few dreams, but it's never that important or I can't remember what happened.

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#4 | Back to Top12-10-2011 06:26:18 PM

Orikan
Touga Topper

I hate to necro a thread, but I just had an Utena dream that I wanted to share before I forget it.

I was an imperial guardsman from Warhammer 40k, and I was being hurried on-board a troop transport by a space marine, but when he opened the door and shoved me in, I was in a totally full school auditorium, and the marine ordered me down to the front where there where 4 other guardsman and a sergeant. I ran down to the front, and knelt next to two of the guardsman, and when I looked over, it was Miki and Juri in Cadian uniforms and their sergeant was Utena in her dueling uniform. The guardsman including me then provided the laser light show for Utena's talent show performance.

Dreams are weird.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands."

#5 | Back to Top12-10-2011 07:01:06 PM

Gainel
Rose Bride

I think I had a Utena dream at some point... it involved Shiori trying to seduce Saionji for some reason. Touga was jealous.

Go figure.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it on a fruit salad.

#6 | Back to Top12-11-2011 10:29:07 AM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

I've had two Utena dreams in my life. They are now both fanfictions.

Because I write like that.

Also, I remember having one that had nothing to do with SKU besides taking place in the dueling arena and starting off with a broken-record version of Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku that faded in and out creepily. 0_0

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#7 | Back to Top12-15-2011 11:35:49 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

I had an SKU dream last night. It haunted me for a while today. It dealt with Utena and Anthy post-series, an argument they were having. Maybe I'll use it in a fiction.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#8 | Back to Top12-22-2011 02:28:11 PM

classified-zerogoki
New Student

I had a dream where I watching Utena.
The messed up part was that it had Utena characters, but it wasn't actually Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Also, while I was watching it, I was talking to the characters within the show.

#9 | Back to Top12-23-2011 04:50:07 AM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I had one last night! There was a carousel there, but it had walls. Anthy locked Akio in it (apparently she did it regularly). Inside the carousel, Akio could hear Dios' voice saying "BARA NO HANAYOME" over and over and over until it sounded like there were a bunch of Dioses saying it, and then until it just sounded like something freaky. Akio cried and screamed for Anthy to stop it, and basically went completely nuts.

Then my cat woke me up, and I was kind of glad.

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#10 | Back to Top12-23-2011 08:58:18 PM

SaionjixAnthy
Mikage Mistruster
Website

I had an inappropriate dream about Touga spanking Akio. Akio was crying at the end.

"The bells signal the start of the duel, Anthy! You forget yourself."

#11 | Back to Top02-02-2012 11:48:23 PM

Brea_the_Brave
Saionji Slapper

I've had two SKU dreams. In the first dream, Anthy turned Akio, Touga, and Saionji into lobsters, cooked them with curry, and served them to Utena. Utena really didn't want to eat Anthy's cooking so she said she had already eaten. Anthy said that was fine and that she would use the curried lobster for leftovers. She made a milkshake out of them and gave it to Miki. Miki had an allergic reaction and everyone was freaking out because they thought he was going to die. Nanami and Wakaba decided that they would slit his throat so he wouldn't have to suffocate to death. I woke up at that point.

The second dream isn't anything too spectacular. I had a dream that SKU was available on Netflix streaming.

#12 | Back to Top10-20-2014 09:37:03 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I normally have SKU related dreams whenever I rewatch the series but they tend to be too fuzzy for me to remember them. But not tonight, I had two:

*Akio having sex with Mrs. Ohtori. I know a lot of people are wish there was more of these two in this, I'm not one of them but that's the way dreams work. The creepier part of this whole dream was that Akio halfway through decided to insult Mrs. Ohtori by calling her old and at one point even pinches her skin and says something to the effect that at least this part of her is not yet wrinkly. And throughout it all she kepy moaning so maybe it was so kind of trippy dirty talk. Either way it was quite disturbing.

*The other dream is more muddled but features Mikage post-series, I think. I am not entirely sure but he is going by 'Nemuro' again but doesn't wear glasses and is lecturing at some place.  He seemed to get along fine with everyone aroundThis is all also part of a movie I am watching with some of my high school friends who are not familiar with SKU. So I am telling them about it. I'm trying to explain to them that Akio is the villain of the show when Mikage is the one who burns a hundred boys alive but am making a very poor job. Interestingly enough there is no Anthy in this dream.
There was also something like a 'half-Black Rose' mode in which duelists remembered their BR experiences but were able to channel them properly.

#13 | Back to Top10-24-2014 02:21:15 PM

Sian
Saionji Slapper
Website

I had two SKU dreams I can remember.
First one: Akio was beating up some kid who looked like Mamiya and then made out with his mom. At the end the kid was riding a bike and he looked really happy. He thought of his dead mom and then her face appeared in a pond next to the bike path but she looked exactly like this guy:
http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/polopoly_fs/1.114679.1358227325!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/900x600/image.jpg
(image source: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/neu … n-1.114675 )

Next one: I was fighting in the duel arena but I wasn't Utena. I was leaning on a desk (reminds me of the Black rose duels tbh) and Anthy was standing in front of me.
At some point there was a river and 3 horses came out of it. They were orange, yellow and brown and in my dream I thought "These horses are the colors of the German flag" which isn't true (I know). In the dream I realized the horses were Juri, Nanami and Wakaba and I knew they "were in my team". I wondered why I had horses on my team. Why do you need a team (full of horses!) in the duels anyways?!

I've had two SKU dreams. In the first dream, Anthy turned Akio, Touga, and Saionji into lobsters, cooked them with curry, and served them to Utena. Utena really didn't want to eat Anthy's cooking so she said she had already eaten. Anthy said that was fine and that she would use the curried lobster for leftovers. She made a milkshake out of them and gave it to Miki. Miki had an allergic reaction and everyone was freaking out because they thought he was going to die. Nanami and Wakaba decided that they would slit his throat so he wouldn't have to suffocate to death. I woke up at that point.

That's hilarious emot-biggrin

#14 | Back to Top06-07-2015 01:17:32 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I just had a SKU related dream the other day in whic Dios was female. As far as I recall Anthy was missing entirely, it'd be interesting to see whether she'd gender flip as well!

#15 | Back to Top06-08-2015 12:30:05 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

I woke up this morning to a half-remembered dream of DIO from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure being chased around town by Touga. Only concrete detail I recall was my musing about them both being played by the same actor.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#16 | Back to Top06-29-2015 02:38:24 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

I actually had an odd dream last night that I can't fully recall but I'll give you the basic idea. Warning because there will be spoilers in my explanation.

The dream consists of me watching a long fan animation on deviantart that is done in the same art style as the series. At the start Juri is lying or sitting frozen (as is she were an ice statue or something) at the bottom of a set of stairs outside a building that I don't recall existing from the series. It was kind of like a mix of the dorm Utena stays in and a fancy stone castle. It's gloomy, getting near night. Nanami walks up to her smirking and takes a ring(?) from Juri's outstretched fingers, knowing what this would mean and what predicament Juri was in. She considers it for a moment before leaving off frame, with the typical border of roses around the screen like from the series.

The dream then restarts but this time Nanami take the ring from her compassionately, and sighs before slipping it on her own finger as sitting down on the stairs. I didn't actually 'see' this part but it was my knowledge that Juri had been cured or something and that Nanami was now taking her place. Juri obviously leaves the scene but again, I don't recall this. Time has passed and the sky is dark and overcast, and Nanami has been sitting on the stairs for a time, arms folded and resting her chin on one of them, clearly upset but without making sound. It's also apparent she can't move much either, but she hasn't 'frozen' yet. It's raining. Anthy appears at the top of the stairs with her hair up and wearing a dress that is a mix of the Rose Bride outfit and the little red dress she wears as a child, holding an umbrella. She walks down the stairs slowly, heels clacking against the stone dully n the night and her voice far away, mocking but without sounding it. I can't remember what she says, really, but she's addressing Nanami as she descends the few steps, and glides past her to stand on her right on the ground.

Then Dios appears from the right holding Akio, both in their Prince outfits, and Akio is holding Utena [in her rose bride outfit] in his arms... they don't really acknowledge Nanami but Utena then is by Anthy's side, and now in her regular duelist uniform.

It's hard to say what happens next because it's all a jumble, but I remember it being very interesting as a dream? I think it then changed to some weird Steven Universe stuff going on in spaceship regarding (spoilers and SU theory to follow) [Steven talking to Jasper and Peridot about his encounter with Bismuth, telling them that Lion has killed her? Peridot didn't believe they'd met but Jasper believed Steven and she was a bit OOC and it was all very strange]. But I digress.

This is the only one I've had so far but I'd like to have more Utena dreams in the future...

I am an actor, eternally metaphorical

Icon credit

#17 | Back to Top04-05-2016 05:14:53 PM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

I dreamed last night that I attended Ohtori Academy, except that all of the roles were played by agents or agent-trainees because it had merged casts and objectives with S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy.  It felt weird to see duels fought with throwing-knives and icers instead of foils, and even stranger to regard the dueling game as some sort of real-world spy training.  Still, Agent Coulson did a remarkable job running the place, as a non-psychopathic (and equally hot) version of Akio...!

#18 | Back to Top04-05-2016 05:37:44 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

We once did an RP that was sort of like that!  It was pretty great. emot-biggrin

#19 | Back to Top05-03-2016 11:56:37 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I just had a silly dream in which Akio had this highly overbearing mother, the kind that populates K-drama. For some reason I was staying at their place along with another girl and she kicked out things by lecturing us, at length, about keeping our distance from her precious son and heavily implying we are so out to seduce him.

At one point in her angry rant she asks us whether we are carrying condoms and/or on the pill, and we say we are not, this somehow tells her that we are indeed out to get poor innocent Akio. To make things weirder and funnier, both myself and the girl know very well just who Akio is and finding her fretting hilarious, keep giggling like idiots.

Which may be why she got angry and sent us to sell Christmas lights, at night, in a deserted car stand. We were having fun despite the forlorn location when a terrorist attack happens (planned by the mother? Maybe!) that includes a chopper flying into the buldings and much dodging of bullets.

As for Akio himself, we saw very little of him, sadly, but he had longer hair and was trying very desperately to be charming only to be rudely interrupted by Monster Mother at every single opportunity.

#20 | Back to Top06-03-2016 11:46:21 AM

Amasis
Juri Jeerer

So I had a dream involving Utena in irregular sleep-session last evening. Understand that I am just now finishing my final work for my senior year of high school, and will be attending college in the fall.

So, in it my mother, imouto, and I were visiting the college; and my completion of my final paper (though in reality it's a final programming project I should be working on right now...) was... ritually aligned with Utena's defeat (and in the dream, killing) of Akio in episode 39. The reward of killing Akio was presented as [lewd-lewd-lewding] Anthy, which I was desirous of in the dream (though in truth Anthy's nowhere near the top of my Utena [lewd] list). I was loath to admit this to my imouto though, as it I thought it would misrepresent Utena's themes and such. Two other episodes were considered- I remembered episode 9 as featuring a flashback scene in which young Touga on a unicycle taunted young Saionji, and episode 34 apparently included an earlier defeat of Akio involving Anthy turning into car and running the gauntlet.

(Those elements didn't necessarily appear continuously or in that order, I'm grouping by theme)

The college as visualized... let's say the area featured it had an "upscale mall" æsthetic to it. The... room? platform? region? in question was on the upper floor of a mall-like arcade (architectural). One one side was a staircase, on the other a ; between the two a bridge running over the arcade. (Sorry if it's confusing, it doesn't really matter.)

When we were going up from the parking lot to this region in the elevator, we were with a surly female Türkish security guard, who was wearing an outfit like Juri's in the film. This reminded me of how I admire Juri.

Lastly, apparently some students were doing some sort of study at a booth they had set up. Looking into it, it appeared to be some questionnaires regarding cultural attitudes towards incest- asking questions of the surveyee as to when it would be acceptable, how acceptable it is in mythology, why they think it occurs so often in mythology, and so on. This seemed quite interesting, until I noticed that rather than answering based on our thoughts, we were supposed to merely give the answers indicated by how, I shit you not, an irregular corner-piece of bread with some acid green paint one side wobbled. I was rather put out and bewildered. (This in turn reminded me of Miki and Kozue, and how an internet acquaintance had lately mentioned to me how Kozue's comment "Miki and I are the only ones worthy of existence!" is a statement of incestous desire, since it's the absence of other persons that makes the incest between the children of Atum and Shu & Tefnit and Geb & Nut or Adam's and Eve's children or those Chinese siblings after the flood with the meatball (anyone remember their names?) valid.)

#21 | Back to Top09-11-2017 10:34:26 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Last night I had a dream I (or a character I was controlling, because I was playing a video game but also not?) was in a glass/crystal castle with Nanami at night. She told me if I drank water or stepped into the moonlight I would instantly die. Then she took a sip of water and died, so I "restarted." But then, she pushed me into the light and I died. Thanks Nanami.

Adding on: there were also "cutscenes" that looked like grainy animation rips, much like the cutscenes in Story of the Someday Revolution, but they weren't from the show.

Last edited by Empress_Arcana (09-11-2017 01:49:23 PM)

This binch be postin' once every century

#22 | Back to Top09-26-2017 02:52:22 PM

DrCornelius
Saionji Slapper

At the start of the dream, I was a little kid again and I was in some elementary school class with an old teacher. We were all having a hearty discussion about the Utena movie, when she mentioned a "surprise hidden in the room". So I went looking around and under the bottom of a Pringles can I saw a message taped to it, "UTENA MOVIE 2" and a password underneath which was: BigSexyRed, with a little image of Touga on one side and Anthy on the opposite side.

The focus cut to "movie mode", and before Utena 2 started there was a short film. It was a mixture of 3d animation and live action, the former looked very Dreamworks. It started with this teenager guy talking to some girls, one was laying on a bench and the other against a pole, they were ignoring him. Then there's a massive "BOOM" and the teenager guy reverts into his true form - A hermit crab-tire hybrid that's a superhero.

So Tire-Crab goes to the high school, which for some reason is suspended 30 feet off the ground by massive support pillars. The source of the problem is Huge-Crab, basically the same thing as tire-Crab but 4x larger. He is the evil brother. Tire-Crab warns him to stop and he doesn't, smashing more support pillars. This eventually causes to school to collapse, but not before exploding for no apparent reason (an inside job?). Tire Crab is knocked toward the screen by the explosion and then the frame freezes, text comes up saying "EVERYONE DIED" and then roll credits.

Utena 2 starts with a flashback to the funeral of Utena's parents, and as she looks out into the distance, she can see a horrible witch-looking figure in the distance.

Cut to modern day Ohtori. It's another timeline where the events of the first movie didn't happen. This witch character is seen lurking inside a secret lair. She apparently used to be normal and had won the dueling game at some point long ago, but the magic had backfired and turned her into this. She can transform into a giant bird, but when she turns back, her face is a stuck as a hybrid of human and bird, with a fleshy beak and yellow eagle eyes. She has a beef with the main characters that's never explained.

Saionji is the first to see this thing, because he has a hobby of spying on the campus from inside a hole in the ground, using binoculars. Miki is captured by the witch in bird form, who then changes and begins interrogating him for information, pulling out a tooth(by hand!) I think Juri and Saionji save him, she goes after Utena next.

Utena has her sword out for some reason so she's better prepared. The two have an argument, all I can remember is the witch saying "You know what eternity is?
It's endless suffering" at which point she transforms into a dragon. Miki Joins in the fight, then Juri, and eventually they're all fighting the dragon. WitchDragon lets off a fire blast, which Anthy counters with a giant rose which absorbs the flames. It's pretty much an RPG now.

I don't see how the fight ends, it just cuts to everyone in the party hall having a celebration after slaying the witch (as you do). Kozue shows up in a maid uniform (her after-school job) and explains that she's sorry she missed everything, but she was busy. Anthy reveals she has dozens of look-a-like siblings, including male ones. Miki, holding an ice-bag to his face where the tooth got ripped out, is disgruntled by this for some reason, but says nothing. The End.

#23 | Back to Top11-29-2017 07:03:13 AM

DrCornelius
Saionji Slapper

Hate to follow up my own dream with another one. but this was pretty crazy.

The dream was about this spin-off of Utena that occurs in the same universe but with a different European-esque school that has it's own dueling game, they duel to have a wish granted.

Main character is a kind-hearted girl with purple hair who looks about 14

Duels take place in an altered state where the duelists can inflict mortal injuries on each other but still be able to fight, instead of knocking a rose off the chest it's a matter who has more willpower to fight through the pain. When the duel ends, they return to the normal dimension unharmed.

There is also a huge cloud of flying glass/ice shards that whip randomly around the edges of the arena, and some time through the arena. duelists can project waves of energy from their sword, and these shards can reflect them.

There is a scene of a male duelist fighting, and rising ominously despite a sword wound straight through his head. He is fighting to cure his baby brother of a fatal illness, and this gives him a higher level of willpower than the others.

Cut to another duel with a different duelist yelling at the main girl "You're not my friend! You're just like everyone else! You want to bury my dreams so you can get what you want!"

The school seems to have a weird occult fixation, and a very crowded basement styled like a medieval dungeon. There are knight statues which an employees says "Have been completely filled up and the weapons fused into the gauntlets, so nobody can knock them over or take the weapons." There is a choir singing but it sounds like the theme from The Omen.

Lastly the main girl is in someone's dorm roon. They're celebrating a birthday party, but it's very odd. There is a goat in the room (main girl has to hold it back from eating the cake, the others aren't paying attention), and they're planning with a Ouija board. Suddenly things start sliding around the room, and it's played off as whimsical and funny.

Then the shot changes to the goat on the bed, pillows piled on it and it seems to be having a seizure. Main girl grabs one of it's horns, and it says a name (I can't remember what name) in perfect English and stares at her. She is suddenly paralyzed and the other people in the room have disappeared. She started screaming and the shot changes again.

Main girl is transported to another dimension. It seems to be an icy plane with a blue sky and very strong wind. Main girl huddles her arms together for warmth as she walks around. She subs her foot on something and screams when she sees that it's a naked, frozen corpse. It appears to be one of the school's students. She then looks further and is even more horrified to see that there are dozens of these.

A gentle voice calls out to her by name. The being comes into view and we see that it is like a male version of the Snow Queen, if you've ever seen that cartoon. A 9 foot tall blue skinned in humanoid in a white robe with a crown. The "Frost King" reassures the main girl and lifts her up and cradles her in his arms like a baby. He tells her not to be frightened by the bodies and goes on to cryptically talk about "All life feeds on life" and "There are levels of cold even I can't survive". His concluding statement is that "Your soul belongs to me. You've belonged to me since the day you were born, and you always will." But it isn't said in a threatening tone, but in a way that suggest a loving feeling.

Last scene is the girl talking to the parents about the event at the birthday party, which she assumes to have been a nightmare. It turns out the parents have an unpleasant secret they have been hiding from her. Her father had previously attended the school, but he hadn't mentioned he participated in the duel game, and was one of the winners (which are kept secret). Apparently he has discovered at a young age that he was sterile, and his desire was to be successful and have his own child.  The caveat being, that the real father is the Frost King, and eventually  he wants the child back.

The main girl starts trembling with horror and screams "NO! NO! IT WASN'T REAL! IT WAS A DREAM! IT WAS JUST A DREAM!"

And fittingly enough it ended there.

Board footer