This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top11-01-2013 11:24:35 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: New Utena stuff

crystalwren wrote:

I do not, not, not need to buy the Hard Core of Utena. I do not.

No you don't, I'll probably butcher my copy to give everyone the goodies from it.

Though it'll suck to do. I did kind of want that one for the collectible. We'll see.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#102 | Back to Top11-01-2013 12:12:57 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

How about some Utena inspired shoes? http://www.2pm-works.com/category/index.php?id=62

http://www.2pm-works.com/upload/save_image/10212100_5265176aa4f63.jpg http://www.2pm-works.com/upload/save_image/10212047_5265146c02916.jpg

I'll show you a sight you've never seen before.

#103 | Back to Top11-01-2013 11:28:50 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

I just saw the shoes on tumblr. They are so beautiful (*-*) How can I justify spending over $170 on shoes I'll be too scared to wear except once or twice a year? There must be a way.

#104 | Back to Top11-02-2013 12:06:07 AM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

I would have pre-ordered the Anthy ones in a heartbeat if it didn't only go up to size 7. Unfortunately my feet are size 12. ;3; No way they're fitting in those tiny shoes.

#105 | Back to Top11-02-2013 09:49:06 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

The Anthy shoes are incredible, as though they somehow turned the Rose Bride gown into a pair of shoes. The others... I just have difficulty imagining Utena in high heels.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#106 | Back to Top11-03-2013 05:56:07 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Man, I wish I had smaller feet emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#107 | Back to Top11-03-2013 06:35:47 AM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

The solution? Foot binding. emot-gonk

#108 | Back to Top11-03-2013 06:40:36 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I guess I'll just have to hop into my time machine back to when I was four and start with that for these shoes...

emot-frown

They're so pretty. I don't think I'd want to participate in cruel and unusual foot torture for them, but they are really pretty.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#109 | Back to Top11-03-2013 10:31:44 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

And less than 200 bucks USD. My brain, bank account, and budget all say "GTFO you've never spent that much on shoes before, and you're not fucking starting now." And then the non sensible parts of me are going, "uh yes. yes i am."

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#110 | Back to Top11-04-2013 01:14:22 PM

girlyponce
New Student

I want those shoes... but for big people. emot-gonk

"Bring it, you little girly ponce!"

#111 | Back to Top11-05-2013 09:55:44 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I...

I'm Cinderella right now.

emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#112 | Back to Top11-06-2013 12:22:20 AM

Saito Hoshikawa
Thorn of Death

I'd take both styles if I could afford them. Surprisingly, they would be able to fit my feet! (Then again, I don't have anything nice to wear with them. ._.)

Giovanna wrote:

I...

I'm Cinderella right now.

emot-frown

Bibbidi bobbidi kashira? Stahp before I keel over from Cinderella overload and/or sing from the Broadway musical!

"Whatever all this is, it needs to not be a thing at all."

Being a ghosty piece of shit with no standards since 2014 (maybe earlier).

#113 | Back to Top11-06-2013 05:28:21 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

I have small feet, but I also have a small bank account. I'm still seriously debating them, though.
I stopped by Animate again today to pick some things up and noticed this Chuchu thingie I hadn't seen previously. Also in shot: a bunch of the Penguindrum things.
Link: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/v2lz.jpg/

#114 | Back to Top11-26-2013 09:03:25 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Giovanna wrote:

crystalwren wrote:

I do not, not, not need to buy the Hard Core of Utena. I do not.

No you don't, I'll probably butcher my copy to give everyone the goodies from it.

Though it'll suck to do. I did kind of want that one for the collectible. We'll see.

....sigh.

I'm going to butcher it. There's very little in the way of new art, but the cels are fucking amazing quality. It'll be a huge upgrade to the content quality of the gallery. Pretty much every 'key' image in the series is in high resolution on thick paper here. (You know, except Nanami and Saionji's Akio Arc episodes seriously WHAT THE FUCKSHIT.) The scans will be like modern day desktop size quality.

Also I scored a dud on a doujinshi from the game. It's all text. emot-confused emot-confused emot-confused

#115 | Back to Top11-26-2013 10:50:31 PM

Arybaisser
New Student

Giovanna, hearing about the quality upgrade is really exciting! Your copy will not be sacrificed in vain!

Also, I don't know how many people this will help out, since the company is currently only shipping to the U.S., but USA Animate has a few of the new Utena goods in stock-- Juri's locket and the (a?) Material Collection. From the looks of it, the pricing's more reasonable than y!Japan, especially once you figure in middleman fees + double shipping, though I'll warn you, from personal experience, USA Animate's shipping prices are a bit steep. I probably won't be getting either myself thanks to RL obligations sapping my paychecks, but I thought it'd be worth passing along!

#116 | Back to Top11-27-2013 01:24:04 PM

HonorableShadow
Thorn of Death

Here's some new stuff including fake nails, phone cases and stockings: http://www.2pm-works.com/feature/detail.php?id=34

#117 | Back to Top11-28-2013 04:17:28 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

Ah, the stockings are "free size", the Japanese version of one-size-fits-all...which means they're probably American XS-S range. Not my size, which I suppose is one less thing to think about buying.
Best electronics stores in the world, and every phone case section I've seen recently is 90% iPhone 5/5s...emot-mad I would totally buy one if they had it for my phone.
The nail art looks strange on the sheet, but pretty nice on the actual photo previews...might be worth trying. Thanks for the link!

#118 | Back to Top11-28-2013 11:59:45 PM

jmie5
Precious One

Arybaisser wrote:

Giovanna, hearing about the quality upgrade is really exciting! Your copy will not be sacrificed in vain!

Also, I don't know how many people this will help out, since the company is currently only shipping to the U.S., but USA Animate has a few of the new Utena goods in stock-- Juri's locket and the (a?) Material Collection. From the looks of it, the pricing's more reasonable than y!Japan, especially once you figure in middleman fees + double shipping, though I'll warn you, from personal experience, USA Animate's shipping prices are a bit steep. I probably won't be getting either myself thanks to RL obligations sapping my paychecks, but I thought it'd be worth passing along!

$34.99 + $10-some shipping for me + mandatory OT in my miserable job = Merry Early Christmas to me. ¬¿¬  Thank you for sharing about the locket etc-love, I'd been contemplating one for... a few years.  From the pictures, I think it comes in a frame of sort.  I don't know, I just want to see if it opens horizontally or vertically and play with it.

#119 | Back to Top11-29-2013 01:43:17 AM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

jmie5 wrote:

From the pictures, I think it comes in a frame of sort.  I don't know, I just want to see if it opens horizontally or vertically and play with it.

It does come in a sort of shadow-box/frame thing, with the picture of Juri set inside as well. It opens from the bottom. Here's a blog post where someone has a picture: http://ameblo.jp/lialiali/entry-11598526656.html If you get it, I'd love to see some more detail shots!

ETA: If I'm reading the post right, they say they're pretty happy with the locket, but the box "looked nice, but wasn't great quality" so they threw it out. It'd be good to know your thoughts on that, as well.

Last edited by Pratyeka (11-29-2013 01:57:35 AM)

#120 | Back to Top11-29-2013 04:43:38 PM

Arybaisser
New Student

No problem, jmie5! I'm something of a merchandise fiend (though far more for Angel Sanctuary and Sailor Moon than Utena-- I fear Utena on the whole might've been a more budget-friendly alternative, specifically where Sailor Moon's concerned) so I couldn't not pass it along! I'd also really like to see more detail shots once you get it, if you can; I'm pleasantly surprised by the size, at least in what pictures I've seen.

#121 | Back to Top11-29-2013 08:44:45 PM

jmie5
Precious One

Pratyeka wrote:

It does come in a sort of shadow-box/frame thing, with the picture of Juri set inside as well. It opens from the bottom. Here's a blog post where someone has a picture: http://ameblo.jp/lialiali/entry-11598526656.html If you get it, I'd love to see some more detail shots!

ETA: If I'm reading the post right, they say they're pretty happy with the locket, but the box "looked nice, but wasn't great quality" so they threw it out. It'd be good to know your thoughts on that, as well.

Thank you for the picture, Pratyeka (not to mention a translation)!  I made my purchase on an impulse last night, before checking back here.  I keep looking at the picture of the locket and wondering about how large it is.  I wasn't expecting it to be small, and looking at Juri holding it, well, it does look like a larger piece, so this will be fun.  A lot of the replicas I've seen open from the side, that this one opens up from the bottom (well, I guess it should, if it's licensed,) I think it's neat.  I'm working on getting a non-potato camera, but when it arrives I will take shots and post.  I'm glad to know that it's the box that they were unhappy with and not the locket.

Arybaisser wrote:

No problem, jmie5! I'm something of a merchandise fiend (though far more for Angel Sanctuary and Sailor Moon than Utena-- I fear Utena on the whole might've been a more budget-friendly alternative, specifically where Sailor Moon's concerned) so I couldn't not pass it along! I'd also really like to see more detail shots once you get it, if you can; I'm pleasantly surprised by the size, at least in what pictures I've seen.

I do love a fellow merchandise fiend.  emot-biggrin  Sailor Moon has been having some very pretty things come out lately, but aside with my fight with Rinkya for one of the older rings a few years ago, I'm not so good at getting the merchandise that's usually just available in Japan.  So, yes, I am very happy.  I'll take shots once the locket arrives, and I think I'll measure it, too. >>

#122 | Back to Top11-29-2013 11:23:34 PM

Pratyeka
Tenjou Tilter

jmie5 wrote:

I do love a fellow merchandise fiend.  emot-biggrin  Sailor Moon has been having some very pretty things come out lately, but aside with my fight with Rinkya for one of the older rings a few years ago, I'm not so good at getting the merchandise that's usually just available in Japan.  So, yes, I am very happy.  I'll take shots once the locket arrives, and I think I'll measure it, too. >>

Ugh, don't even bring up the Sailor Moon stuff...I don't regret buying the Moon Romance "white" eye pencil, because it's fantastic, and I would buy a phone case if I could find any that weren't for iPhone 5/5s, but be thankful for your wallet that you don't live here with all the 20th Sailor Moon Anniversary merchandising going on. I remember only this summer, when we were all wondering if they were even really going to bring it back...emot-gonk
I only wish some of the special-edition Utena stuff was as easy to find.
ETA: oops, it's called "Miracle Romance". http://www.sailormooncollectibles.com/2 … tics-line/

Last edited by Pratyeka (11-29-2013 11:27:56 PM)

#123 | Back to Top11-30-2013 12:24:02 AM

Arybaisser
New Student

Oh, man, other than a few oohs and ahhs from the comfort of my computer chair, I have not kept up well at all with Sailor Moon's new merchandise; I'm still balefully collecting the dolls from the 90's! That eyeliner looks awesome though, for the record! I'd have bought it, too.

Still hoping/fearing for a rerelease of Nanami's cowbell though.

#124 | Back to Top12-02-2013 10:26:52 AM

descry77
Miki Molester

The unpainted prototype of Megahouse's G.E.M. Tenjou Utena just premiered at Megahobby Expo. It looks great so far.
http://www.tomopop.com/megahobby-expo-a … 2909.phtml

http://s11.postimg.org/8ahjrbujz/Ba_See54_CIAE38v_A_noscale.jpg

http://s11.postimg.org/iw1f3c0vj/Ba_TBg_ECCIAAvh_Z_noscale.jpg

#125 | Back to Top12-02-2013 12:15:11 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Oh my, that's gorgeous! Right down to the bows on her shoes etc-love can't wait to see it painted

Board footer