This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top07-18-2007 10:00:20 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Re: Report layout glitches, bugs, and forum meltdowns here!

I suppose most of the regular members don't use it, but I bet a whole bunch of lurkers might be subscribed.

And yes, I haven't heard a better threat in a long-long time.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#102 | Back to Top07-18-2007 10:18:14 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Gio, if you turn off subscriptions, I will travel back in time to when your mother was pregnant with you, and I will force-feed her a vat of lavender food coloring laced with the DNA of Bono, with the result that you will be born with the appearance and personality of Movie!Akio.  You won't even get the car.

I trust the sheer amount of testosterone-driven Italian machoism I will still get from my father will be enough to counter the Bono DNA. If anything, you'll just end up with Akio Proper.

And if not, I'll suck too much to build this site in the first place and we won't have this conversation. school-eng101

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#103 | Back to Top10-19-2007 06:59:10 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Yay!!!!!!!! I've finally found this thread, I can stop necro-ing other interesting things I find while on my search.

Yeah, anyway, I wanted to report that there is a DOT (the creator of a topic dot) next to the thread "Draw A House Personality" which I did not start. No matter how many times I log out or back in again, the dot remains!  Not that it bothers me, but just incase that signifies some greater problem is afoot, I thought I would mention it.

edit: accidentally thought it was pig test, nope it's the house one.

Last edited by Frosty (10-19-2007 07:05:02 PM)

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#104 | Back to Top10-19-2007 07:17:58 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

A lot of times, when I return to the main page after checking a topic while logged in (the one that shows the four subforums), it says I'm not logged in. A quick refresh takes care of it, though, but it's really damn annoying. emot-gonk

Also, when transitioning from a page or when confirming a post submission/edit, it will show a white screen. Again, browser refresh fixes this, but it too is very annoying. I'm using AOL 9.0 VR (I don't know what the VR stands for) and I've Internet Explorer 7. Is it the site, then, or is it my crappy choice of ISP/browser? emot-gonk

Answers would be appreciated very much. emot-keke

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#105 | Back to Top10-19-2007 07:33:18 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Frosty wrote:

Yay!!!!!!!! I've finally found this thread, I can stop necro-ing other interesting things I find while on my search.

Yeah, anyway, I wanted to report that there is a DOT (the creator of a topic dot) next to the thread "Draw A House Personality" which I did not start. No matter how many times I log out or back in again, the dot remains!  Not that it bothers me, but just incase that signifies some greater problem is afoot, I thought I would mention it.

edit: accidentally thought it was pig test, nope it's the house one.

Is that what the dot thing is for?  I always wondered why the Movies thread had a dot in front of it.  Of course, I didn't start that thread...I've never started any thread, as far as I can recall.

#106 | Back to Top10-20-2007 12:21:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

To add a data point: All the threads I've started have dots next to them, but so does Big Round Worship Session, which I didn't start (but wish I had).  BRWS has always had the dot next to it -- at least, for as long as I can remember, though I couldn't swear the dot was there before I started posting in it.

#107 | Back to Top10-20-2007 12:29:14 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

Bio, are you using the browser in AOL? Because if that's what you're doing, that could be your problem. AOL tends to be...iffy...if you use their version of IE that's embedded in their sign on page. I'm using AOL as well, but with Firefox, and I don't have that problem.

Icon from Kawaii Not

#108 | Back to Top10-20-2007 01:42:51 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I've tried to fix the dot thing before, but it seems to just be a native bug of the software. I'm thinking of removing the function entirely, since it doesn't serve any really great purpose, at least given how rarely it functions properly. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#109 | Back to Top10-28-2007 01:33:47 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

This could be a problem with me instead of with the forum, but does "Deeper..." section of the profile actually show up anywhere on your profile?  Is this a superfluous section in the form, or am I just blind?

#110 | Back to Top10-29-2007 07:35:32 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

mazoboom wrote:

This could be a problem with me instead of with the forum, but does "Deeper..." section of the profile actually show up anywhere on your profile?  Is this a superfluous section in the form, or am I just blind?

I was just about to post this, but I see you beat me to it. emot-wink  It was visible in our profiles up until the update of punbb. Must be a bug in the new version?  Or a recoded section that needs to be re-recoded, since this is a modded board?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#111 | Back to Top10-29-2007 08:48:02 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

mazoboom wrote:

I was just about to post this, but I see you beat me to it. emot-wink  It was visible in our profiles up until the update of punbb. Must be a bug in the new version?  Or a recoded section that needs to be re-recoded, since this is a modded board?

GAH emot-redface emot-redface emot-redface emot-redface

I must have missed that. I'm sorry! I'll fix as soon as I get a chance. emot-redface

#112 | Back to Top10-29-2007 11:01:26 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

It's a wierd one, but whenever I click on my own username I get switched over to Gio's info.

Wierd, but not a big deal, I guess. Just thought I'd mention it since this thread had been necroed. emot-confused

Edit: But only if I'm logged out.

Last edited by morosemocha (10-29-2007 11:04:21 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#113 | Back to Top10-30-2007 12:54:39 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Minor issue I found: Page 17 of "The thread where we communicate entirely through images" in IFD crashes my browser right after it starts loading. I'm using Vista and IE7. This doesn't happen with Windows XP and IE6. No big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. (I'll try to refrain from sarcastic remarks about Microsoft's "most stable and secure platform ever...")

#114 | Back to Top10-30-2007 03:54:14 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

OnionPrince wrote:

Minor issue I found: Page 17 of "The thread where we communicate entirely through images" in IFD crashes my browser right after it starts loading. I'm using Vista and IE7. This doesn't happen with Windows XP and IE6. No big deal, but I thought I'd mention it. (I'll try to refrain from sarcastic remarks about Microsoft's "most stable and secure platform ever...")

I wouldn't blame Vista. I'd blame IE7. Get Firefox like the rest of us communists.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#115 | Back to Top10-30-2007 07:37:44 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Raven Nightshade wrote:

Get Firefox like the rest of us communists.

I use Camino, Firefox's OSX cousin. emot-biggrin

Microsoft is a distant memory for me... I haven't used Windows at home for a good two and a half years now. emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#116 | Back to Top10-30-2007 10:18:14 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I wouldn't blame Vista. I'd blame IE7. Get Firefox like the rest of us communists.

Yeah, it's probably IE7, but I'm sticking with it for better or worse. I tried Firefox a few years back and it was far from a pleasant experience. I'm sure FF has changed since then, but I'd rather deal with the devil I know rather than the devil I don't. school-devil

#117 | Back to Top11-03-2007 10:39:56 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Okay folks, I fixed the problem with the profile fields. They should display properly for you guys now, both in viewing others' and in viewing yours as an example in the profile section. I've also removed the bit of code that displays the dot supposedly on threads you started. Something about it has never worked quite the way it should and I don't know how to fix it, so screw it.

As an extra added megabonus, the user list is now available to registered forum members. emot-smile

#118 | Back to Top11-03-2007 10:43:10 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Giovanna wrote:

As an extra added megabonus, the user list is now available to registered forum members. emot-smile

Squee! emot-biggrin

Well, I'm not yet sure how I'll make use of this... but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#119 | Back to Top11-04-2007 05:40:28 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

Oh cool.  When I first joined, I was looking for something like that out of curiosity.  I do weird things when I'm bored emot-rolleyes

#120 | Back to Top11-06-2007 09:42:32 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Uh...I can't delete my PMs. I always get an error message.

"Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation."

Bad timing too. emot-mad

Last edited by Jellineck (11-06-2007 09:44:18 PM)

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#121 | Back to Top11-06-2007 09:47:22 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Giovanna wrote:

I love seeing myself in the top ten of something.

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#122 | Back to Top11-06-2007 10:22:37 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Jellineck wrote:

Uh...I can't delete my PMs. I always get an error message.

"Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation."

Bad timing too. emot-mad

I don't know a gosh-darned thing about PunBB, but it occurs to me that it might be related to your browser?  Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox, or something else?

#123 | Back to Top11-06-2007 11:16:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Actually something similar happened to me with Opera on my computer in Florida, where it would do that when I tried to edit posts. Being that it only happens on that installation of that browser, I suspect it's a browser issue here too. emot-frown

Edit: That said, I boosted the PM limit to 125 for now so you don't miss any PMs. Try using another browser to delete the PMs you have in the meantime?

#124 | Back to Top11-09-2007 02:30:34 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Jellineck's problem has been solved! emot-dance FYI for people that catch this error:

The base URL for the forums is http://forums.ohtori.nu. Some of you are able to access it by http://ohtori.nu/forums, or http://www.ohtori.nu/forums, but whether this functions properly depends largely on how picky your system is. For the purposes of exactness, access the forum by the proper address, please!

I bumped up the PM inbox size while we were troubleshooting, but I'll leave that. You all get 150 PMs now! emot-smile

#125 | Back to Top11-09-2007 02:36:52 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Giovanna wrote:

I bumped up the PM inbox size while we were troubleshooting, but I'll leave that. You all get 150 PMs now! emot-smile

This makes me very happy, since I always hate deleting PMs, no matter how insignificant they are. Now I'll be able to keep more of them. emot-dance

Board footer