This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top02-21-2016 07:21:05 PM

lesbiansubtext
New Student

Re: English Translation of Utena game (Itsuka Kakumei Sareru Monogatari)

Holy cow, I've visited this site a few times like a million years ago. And now I come back, make an account, and there's an Utena dating sim!? I'm late to the party, but I need this in my life!!!

It's called subtext, Steven

#127 | Back to Top03-12-2016 10:46:54 AM

guiltygear
New Student

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for translating this game into English.

You are amazing emot-smile

#128 | Back to Top03-21-2016 08:38:33 PM

aerisaquata
New Student
Website

I played this YEARS ago to just look at the art, I'm so happy it's been translated!
You guys ROCK.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89529756/chi.png

#129 | Back to Top04-08-2016 05:47:49 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

I can't access any of the updates translations. Anyone else having that problem? And the original translation always comes up as .rar and not .bat. Any help?emot-confused

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#130 | Back to Top04-13-2016 01:00:48 AM

Orikan
Touga Topper

It's almost hard to believe it's really here. And I can't get it to run ;_; The translator batch file doesn't generate the English iso files.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands."

#131 | Back to Top04-13-2016 08:28:13 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Revolutionary, if the problem is that you can't get the updated files, send me a message and I'll e-mail you a copy. Or if the problem is that it's a .rar, that just means you need to unzip it before you can use the files with a program like 7-Zip.

Orikan, you do have the original .iso files, right? If running the batch file isn't working, have you tried using the .exe from the command prompt? Endless describes how in the Advanced Usage .txt file.

Also, I've updated the translation file. Nothing major, just cleaning up various mistakes and a few of the many awkward places. Here it is with the translator, thrown on Sendspace. (Please, host it somewhere better if you can!) It's a zip because apparently I can't make it a .rar with my program anyway? Again, I can e-mail it to anyone else if you'd like.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/wzvbaq

I hope everyone can get it to work, and that you enjoy!

#132 | Back to Top04-13-2016 10:24:12 AM

Orikan
Touga Topper

Ah, thanks. I didn't even think of running it directly from the command line. That did it. Thanks again for all your hard work on this.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands."

#133 | Back to Top04-19-2016 10:37:20 AM

Celia-chan
New Student

Pleeeeease! How do you obtain Miki's ending??? I've done all I can do!: Utena 63% Miki 123% and the rest 0%. And I still gain the perfect ending! emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk  Heeelp!
(I'm spanish, by the way, but i hope you understand me)

#134 | Back to Top04-19-2016 02:18:10 PM

Celia-chan
New Student

Why I always have the perfect ending! Even when I go down well only with Miki and Utena?? xD

#135 | Back to Top07-22-2016 09:23:44 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

I'm so excited to play this game!! etc-love

This binch be postin' once every century

#136 | Back to Top07-22-2016 01:56:19 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Well, darn. The mediafire links for the ISOs aren't working for me! When I click the links, the pages have two steps, the first one saying  "complete this step" and the second one "Authorize Download." But underneath the first step it always says "an error has occurred, please reload the page" after a few seconds, and whenever I try clicking "Authorize Download" nothing happens! emot-confused Anyone know if I can fix this?

#137 | Back to Top07-22-2016 02:12:35 PM

Dallbun

Celia-chan wrote:

Why I always have the perfect ending! Even when I go down well only with Miki and Utena?? xD

This is a few months late, but you're probably getting the "normal" ending, right? The "perfect" ending is the one you get if Chigusa doesn't nab any student council members.

Did you do the special Miki event where you give him LOOOOVE advice? I think that might be required to get his special ending.

sailor-anthy wrote:

Well, darn. The mediafire links for the ISOs aren't working for me! When I click the links, the pages have two steps, the first one saying  "complete this step" and the second one "Authorize Download." But underneath the first step it always says "an error has occurred, please reload the page" after a few seconds, and whenever I try clicking "Authorize Download" nothing happens! emot-confused Anyone know if I can fix this?

I just tried them and they worked for me. Did you try a different browser? If it's still not working, I'll upload them to some other service.

#138 | Back to Top07-22-2016 03:57:03 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Thank you @Dallbun, I used a different browser and things went smoothly!! But I still have a problem, oops. (This is my first time emulating a game, so I knew I was bound to mess up anyway, haha.)
So, I managed to complete every step up until run translate.bat. Whenever I click translate.bat, it says:
"Translating Disc 1
'utena' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Press ENTER to continue..."
Any idea where I messed up? (And sorry if I'm asking dumb questions!)

#139 | Back to Top07-22-2016 04:57:17 PM

Zerokohai
Mikage Mistruster

How do I get all this stuff to work if I'm on a Mac? I've never emulated anything more powerful than SNES, Mega Drive etc., and have no experience with 32-bit emulation.

http://i.imgur.com/5GUbWA1.png

#140 | Back to Top07-22-2016 05:41:39 PM

Dallbun

Zerokohai wrote:

How do I get all this stuff to work if I'm on a Mac? I've never emulated anything more powerful than SNES, Mega Drive etc., and have no experience with 32-bit emulation.

In terms of what emulator to use, some quick Googling leads me here. I don't know anything about it first-hand, though.

As for the translation itself, I have no idea whether you can patch the .isos on a Mac. If you can't, maybe we can patch it for you and send it to you somehow.

sailor-anthy wrote:

Thank you @Dallbun, I used a different browser and things went smoothly!! But I still have a problem, oops. (This is my first time emulating a game, so I knew I was bound to mess up anyway, haha.)
So, I managed to complete every step up until run translate.bat. Whenever I click translate.bat, it says:
"Translating Disc 1
'utena' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Press ENTER to continue..."
Any idea where I messed up? (And sorry if I'm asking dumb questions!)

If just running the .bat isn't working, I recommend patching your .isos from the command line ("Command Prompt" on Windows 10), according to the instructions in the "Advanced Usage" text file. I seem to remember that working for someone in a similar situation. If that doesn't work, keep asking back and we'll figure it out.

#141 | Back to Top07-26-2016 08:38:12 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

Well, I restarted my process of getting this game, and I found out where I messed up. Firstly, I wasn't actually extracting files from the .zip files! And second, I had no idea how to use SSF. But now I know, and I fixed my mistakes. I basically am all set, and have everything I need downloaded- but I don't know how to use Virtual CloneDrive! I don't know how to mount my .isos and, well, I'm confused.

Last edited by sailor-anthy (07-26-2016 08:38:41 AM)

#142 | Back to Top07-26-2016 08:48:40 AM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

sailor-anthy wrote:

Well, I restarted my process of getting this game, and I found out where I messed up. Firstly, I wasn't actually extracting files from the .zip files! And second, I had no idea how to use SSF. But now I know, and I fixed my mistakes. I basically am all set, and have everything I need downloaded- but I don't know how to use Virtual CloneDrive! I don't know how to mount my .isos and, well, I'm confused.

And now SSF has an error when I start it up! emot-confused

#143 | Back to Top07-26-2016 08:51:45 PM

barafubuki
Mikage Mistruster

As for the translation itself, I have no idea whether you can patch the .isos on a Mac. If you can't, maybe we can patch it for you and send it to you somehow.

Could you do this for me? I also have a Mac and can't get this to work.

#144 | Back to Top09-25-2016 10:46:53 PM

Pinstru
New Student

Quick Question: I was able to (finally) download everything and get the game running, but the whole scene where the main protagonist is talking to her parents is blacked out? Plus the character introductions black out whenever you get to the character's face...just wondering if it's an issue with the ISO or if I'm just having computer issues.

Also: is there a way to manually set which keys on my computer I want to use for the controls? This is my first time using emulators so Idk how to access all of those options, if they're even available

#145 | Back to Top09-26-2016 07:10:44 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

Which emulator are you using? The first issue you are describing sounds like an issue with the emulator configuration.

#146 | Back to Top09-28-2016 10:30:48 PM

Pinstru
New Student

gpink wrote:

Which emulator are you using? The first issue you are describing sounds like an issue with the emulator configuration.

I'm using SSF, and I actually got it to work. Apparently when I first started it up I pressed a bunch of number keys and turned off certain parts of the visuals, but I was able to rectify it.

Lol, I actually just got done with my first run through of the game. I got a bad ending, Juri lost to Miki while Utena was still battling Sanjouin (aka MC died, I guess) emot-frown

#147 | Back to Top10-16-2016 06:57:20 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

Is there a way to play the game without having to download all the other files and converting, etc.? I very much appreciate all the work that was done on this, but I am not very tech-competent and my computer is terribly old. (The name of my character and such doesn't matter to me, I just would want the experience.)

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#148 | Back to Top10-17-2016 08:50:21 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hey Dallbun, that translation patch you had on Sendspace, can you throw it my way? If it's not like 274526328mb I'll just host it on EM. emot-smile

I'm gonna have some 'free' 'time' coming up here, planning on spending it wisely. emot-dance

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#149 | Back to Top10-23-2016 01:41:21 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

HOKAY guys!

Here's a direct link to the translation patch. Dallbun also sent me already patched ISOs, which I'm throwing on the website's gmail account. Email me if you can't get the translator patch working, and I'll hook you up with the patched ISOs. I need to figure out a better long term plan here for hosting the actual ISOs, but for now this should help everyone. emot-smile

http://ohtori.nu/game/gamefiles/Utena_T … r_1.06.zip

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#150 | Back to Top10-31-2016 01:36:39 AM

Salem Saberhagen
Wakaba Wrangler

Auau... I followed the set-up instructions and I can hear the opening song but the window shows no visual! What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it? The SSF tutorial says to try to set-up the BIOS but the opening of this post says I don't need one?

Also it looks like someone on a previous page had the same problem but didn't get noticed.

Last edited by Salem Saberhagen (10-31-2016 02:00:09 AM)

Board footer