This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-11-2008 11:19:55 AM

Scortia
Rose Bride

All your Utena Swag

So I  went to Ikki-con this weekend... and what did I find? RARE UTENA POSTERS!  $90 later I have three posters in my possession and a light wallet.  If you're curious which ones, they were the Juri/Ruka nipple biting poster, Mamiya on top of Mikage poster, and the image from the third cd with Akio and the gals but in color and humongous!  Hello extra large Akio nipple!

So I was wondering, what Utena stuffs do you own?

... as for the rest of the stuff I own, I have the manga, the dvd boxsets, a few cds, a Miki plush, a Chuchu pin, a cel of Miki from his sword-retrieving scene with Kozue... and no artbooks (ohtori.nu's gallery has spoiled me).

Last edited by Scortia (02-11-2008 12:15:51 PM)

#2 | Back to Top02-11-2008 11:43:40 AM

Sey
Our Sicilian Prince
Website

Re: All your Utena Swag

Actually I only have the complete DVD series, but I'm planning to buy the Utena Remake(and so the Cd box etc-wankdude ).
I'm waiting also for the Rose Crest, I paid a company for making the ring.

Your lovely "That's Amore" IRG User.

#3 | Back to Top02-11-2008 11:48:02 AM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Unfortunately, I don't have much. I almost have the entire series, all of the manga, the movie, and the movie poster from Software Sculpters.

Edit: Also, a CD. Don't know which one, but it has Utena and Anthy's faces close to each other, whilst upside-down.

Last edited by Lady Nilamarthiel (02-12-2008 09:29:49 AM)

#4 | Back to Top02-11-2008 11:57:33 AM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

You lucky person you. emot-gonk I'm coveting that Akio one.

Me? I guess I don't have a ton of stuff. I do have a Rose Signet ring, though. I've also got the "Saa, Watashi to Engage Shite..." sountrack, which I just love. Besides that, my copy of the Sega Saturn game, which I need to play more often. I've got a pack of Utena playing cards, but I'm not sure how legitimate those are (same with my little Utena and Chu Chu pins). I like the playing cards anyway. It's like having all the best Utena art in your pocket.

My most WANTED piece of Utena merchandise? A Miki doll. etc-love

I've got two anime cons I'm going to in the next few months (well, I'm a fan guest at one and staffing the other). I should check and see if there's any Utena stuff. Unlikely, but worth a look.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#5 | Back to Top02-11-2008 03:15:14 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

The series and the movie, and a couple of soundtracks. I'm not much of a collector of merchandise, unless it goes really well with my style.

Those soundtracks have a bit of a story behind them: I ordered them from net and for some reason they went to the post-office instead of my mailbox (just a bit too wide box, I guess). I tore the box open on the spot to make more room in my bag, since I was on the way to buy clothes, as well. When I was leaving the store, which also had an electronics department, the alarms beeped; the magnetic strip in the CDs had activated. So I, over 6" tall bearded buy in a black trenchcoat had to present the very pink and cutesy CDs to the store guards and demonstrate they weren't from their stock. I didn't even think of being embarrased, before I noted their raised eyebrows. I explained it was experimental Japanese heavy rock with chorus (true, isn't it?). emot-rolleyes

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#6 | Back to Top02-11-2008 03:19:10 PM

Rae
Black Rosarian

I only have the complete DVD set and manga (inluding the movies stuff). I'm awaiting the Remastered Version as well (though that's probably still a far cry for the States).

#7 | Back to Top02-11-2008 03:28:10 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Rae wrote:

I only have the complete DVD set and manga (inluding the movies stuff). I'm awaiting the Remastered Version as well (though that's probably still a far cry for the States).

If ever. emot-rolleyes  I'm not optimistic on a US release for the remastered Utena.  There's simply no market for it outside of existing fans, I imagine.  I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

As for my Utena collection... it's the US DVD release, the movie DVD, the 4 US-released OSTs, the first (large, flipped) editions of the Manga volumes 1-3, and the Adolescence of Utena manga.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (02-11-2008 07:11:58 PM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#8 | Back to Top02-11-2008 03:33:40 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

I made a thread about this a bit ago here.

If I ever win the lottery, I need to track down that Nanami Cowbell. It is really the only piece of merchandise I truly want. Well, that and the remastered DVDs, if they ever do come out, but that's not really merch in my eyes. Hopefully the subs will be separate from the footage this time around. emot-tongue

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#9 | Back to Top02-11-2008 05:20:34 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Let's see...

SKU manga volumes 1-5, Movie manga, SKU TV series episodes 1-39 on DVD, SKU movie DVD, 5 SKU soundtracks, 1 SKU wallscroll, 3 SKU posters, SKU t-shirt... and that's all. emot-frown I'm still hunting for Juri's locket, and for my birthday I'm asking for a Black Rose Crest. Whenever the remastered DVDs come out, I'll be all on that.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#10 | Back to Top02-11-2008 06:35:20 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

dollface wrote:

I'm still hunting for Juri's locket.

Really? They've got that all over, just ridiculously expensive. There's one on eBay now that's almost flawless except that it opens from the side, not from the top.

Voila.

And here is the LiveJournal group with the pretty much perfect three hundred dollar one.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#11 | Back to Top02-11-2008 06:57:50 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

When I say hunting, I mean hunting for one I can afford/isn't sucky. emot-redface

But thank you for the links! This forum is so generous. etc-love

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#12 | Back to Top02-11-2008 08:57:38 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

dollface wrote:

SKU t-shirt...

Oh I forgot about the shirt that came with the boxset... I bought that a few years ago and it was HUGE.. gave it to a friend. Tis a shame, the image was so gorgeous. ;-;

#13 | Back to Top02-11-2008 10:01:26 PM

IceQueenChigusa
Tenjou Tilter

Umm..
I have the whole series on dvd,The ring,Juri's locket,4 posters,the manga in english and in japanese,The student planner,the video game,A t shirt,A little juri key chain thing [not sure what its called though] a chu chu pin,the movie and all the soundtracks. Now this isnt like an official item or anything but my play station 2 has one of the swap magic flip tops on it and i spray painted the rose symbol in pink on it.

I want a juri and the chu chu plush so badly. They are so pretty and cute.

Its like an obsession. emot-gonk

Last edited by IceQueenChigusa (02-11-2008 10:02:06 PM)

#14 | Back to Top02-11-2008 10:32:50 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

The DVD collection and film. All but 2 of the soundtracks. The manga and the movie manga. One art book. Two mini posters which i don't have hanging at the moment. An Anthy figure. Eight different Rose Signets with eight different ones soon to arrive.

Might be forgetting some things.

Edit: Like a t-shirt.
Edit Redux: or the ninth different Rose Signet also on the way.

Last edited by Ashnod (02-11-2008 11:09:55 PM)

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#15 | Back to Top02-11-2008 10:57:36 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

Ashnod wrote:

The DVD collection and film. All but 2 of the soundtracks. The manga and the movie manga. One art book. Two mini posters which i don't have hanging at the moment. An Anthy figure. Eight different Rose Signets with eight different ones soon to arrive.

Might be forgetting some things.

Edit: Like a t-shirt.

Yeah, I forgot about my movie poster, and it's hanging right next to my bed. Silly me.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#16 | Back to Top02-12-2008 03:26:19 AM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I have a likely illegitimate version of the Utena DVDs(it's a weird unfolding boxset including the movie which I found on eBay - works great), along with vols 1-5 of the manga and the movie manga.

I also bought an Utena UFO doll a month ago which I adore. etc-love That's pretty much it. We don't have any anime/comic conventions here, so the only way to get rare stuff like Utena is ebay.

Last edited by Adrasteia (02-13-2008 02:04:29 PM)

#17 | Back to Top02-12-2008 09:14:44 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Juri/Ruka nipple biting poster

etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude  I want this one where can I find it?

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#18 | Back to Top02-12-2008 09:56:42 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I have the DVDs and the Tarot cards.  Also a painfully-near-complete collection of the PP cards.  I think I have a few posters, but I haven't thought about them in years; I like Utena's art on TV, but not on my bedroom walls.

I also made a Black Rose ring out of a ring my aunt gave me over a decade ago.  (It still fits me.)  It doesn't look at all convincing up close, but it did its job for stage cosplay back at the big Midwest convention a few years ago.

#19 | Back to Top02-12-2008 10:32:09 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

Juri/Ruka nipple biting poster

etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude  I want this one where can I find it?

I wish you luck in finding it. I got the dealer's last one and even though it was slightly damaged I still paid $30 for it.  Since then I've looked online for more official Utena posters and where I've found some others like Miki with Kozue, I NEVER found another Ruka/Juri.

#20 | Back to Top02-13-2008 04:53:07 AM

BalamiyaVardihi
High Tripper

I have the anime and the manga. That's pretty much it.

Twirling round with this familiar parabol
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and
Celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing

#21 | Back to Top02-15-2008 06:54:01 AM

FencingCaptain
Rose Smilee
Website

I have the the six-volume manga in Japanese (including the Adolescence Mokushiroku one), the DVDs, the series signet and Arisugawa Juri's locket in 14K gold --- the latter two I bought from usr_fanbase.

Plus, if it counts, Juri's wrap-around evening dress/hostess gown (call it what you will) which my best friend had custom-tailored for me as a present. ^^0

I really don't like the soundtracks all that much, with the exception of the Adolescence Rush CD compilation and a few select piano pieces from the series. I've completely remedied my musical craving by borrowing CDs from someone else. *grins*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/juri_senpai/public/d-kyoukasuigetsusig.jpg

#22 | Back to Top02-16-2008 11:53:36 AM

Anthiena
Egghead

I've got the first soundtrack, the Rose Collection, the movie... but I had to pawn the movie and lost the soundtrack, which ran 17AMD. Which is nuts. My cousin and Niece both loved Truth and Rinbu Revolution, though they didn't know what to make of the Duel songs. My uncle liked the Duel songs.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#23 | Back to Top03-31-2008 12:38:22 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

At the Sakura-Con charity auction last weekend, me & Corpsegoddess managed to score this limited edition signed Chiho Saito print.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/purplepolecat/SakuraCon%202008/SKUprint1024.jpg

We are quite overjoyed. emot-dance

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#24 | Back to Top03-31-2008 02:14:15 PM

IceQueenChigusa
Tenjou Tilter

purplepolecat wrote:

At the Sakura-Con charity auction last weekend, me & Corpsegoddess managed to score this limited edition signed Chiho Saito print.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214 … nt1024.jpg

We are quite overjoyed. emot-dance

Oh man! thats amazing! etc-love

#25 | Back to Top05-20-2008 04:15:43 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

purplepolecat wrote:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t214 … nt1024.jpg

I chanced upon an on-line shop not too long ago and I saw one being sold for more than $500. Congratulations!

Last edited by Seitokaichou (05-24-2008 07:54:52 PM)

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

Board footer