This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-20-2007 01:54:25 AM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Would you go to Ohtori...

..if you could? Just an interesting question that occurred to me. On the one hand, if you were chosen, you'd be condemned to dwelling in your memories and massive emotional manipulation. On the other, if you consider it, Ohtori seems to be free from the host of other problems that plague a good deal of schools (i.e. drugs, gangs, etc). The problems of Ohtori are no doubt painful, but rather innocent in comparison to reality, if you consider. This is of course ignoring Anthy's predicament and Mikage's mass murder.

Also on the plus side, tons of bishies and several freely available men whores. Also on the negative...godawful uniforms. So. If you had the chance to attend Ohtori, would you?

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#2 | Back to Top10-20-2007 03:59:37 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Re: Would you go to Ohtori...

I would. As an exchange student. So I get to experience the Ohtori life AND stay out of Akio's evil clutches. Then again, you don't experience Ohtori until you've met the chairman. emot-keke

There's already been a discussion like this. Perhaps it should be necroed? La la la~

#3 | Back to Top10-20-2007 12:13:00 PM

Jellineck

Oh my. Well, if people add to this post, I'll keep it around. If not, I'll just delete it. Responses are interesting, though.

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#4 | Back to Top10-20-2007 12:30:03 PM

ArsenicForBreakfast
Pathtracer
Website

I might consider going...but I'd hide out in the greenhouse, or maybe the music room, in hopes of eventual sexing-up by Kozue.  >.> etc-wankgirl

And I think I'd have to follow Utena's example where the uniforms were concerned. No frilly skirts and puffy sleeves for me, thank you very much!

I'm a fan of pessimism: if you maintain the lowest expectations possible, they'll always be met or exceeded.

#5 | Back to Top10-20-2007 12:57:26 PM

Stephanie
Yasha Assassin #1
Website

Hmm, I don't think I would.. If Ohtori symbolizes the coffin which the characters have been trapped, why would I trapped myself into my own doom? emot-wink

It would be nice to kick some butts around there, but I'm no sword expert..

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/Chosen_entity/Etcetera/621ed118do3-1.jpg
"..No matter how hard we want to close our eyes, there's a whole world out there
Bigger than ourselves and our dreams.."
~FMA

Maria-sama Forum, My YouTube Account

#6 | Back to Top10-20-2007 01:01:32 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I would hide in that room where Mamiya/Anthy grew those black roses and offer Mikage a poptar. emot-rofl I would address him as "Mika-chan" just to see the reaction emot-dance

#7 | Back to Top10-20-2007 01:10:19 PM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

I actually really like the uniforms.  But I'm not the one who wold have to wear them, but I'd go to see all the girls in such a cute uniform.

#8 | Back to Top10-20-2007 01:59:46 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Absolutely yes.

I should add that I have a history of getting into somewhatlessthanformal relationships with my principals/deans/superiors. school-devil

Poor boy. Won't know what hit him.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#9 | Back to Top10-20-2007 02:38:18 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I'd definitely visit the place as exchange student, too. Mostly for the duelings emot-biggrin
Arki, hm, think about it this way, being an exchange student is MORE than enough for an Ohtori experience. I mean, Ruka only stayed for what? A couple of days? And the unnamed girl from the Utena Saga Game stayed for only 4 days. You'll have ample time to meet your beloved Prince of Darkness emot-keke

#10 | Back to Top10-20-2007 04:27:34 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I would go to Ohtori, and I would never leave. Hell, I'd give myself massive emotional conflicts just to stay there. Fuck paying bills, seriously.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#11 | Back to Top10-20-2007 07:59:49 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Jellineck wrote:

Also on the plus side, tons of bishies and several freely available men whores. Also on the negative...godawful uniforms. So. If you had the chance to attend Ohtori, would you?

Is it sad that I adore the uniform? emot-gonk
It's aqua. That's almost teal! emot-dance
I'd have to accessorize with some cheetah leggings and rainbow leg warmers, of course, but that's just to be expected.

My answer: hells yes I would, but only if I wasn't trapped there for all eternity. Endless bishies can only amuse a girl for so long.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#12 | Back to Top10-20-2007 10:43:18 PM

Jellineck

Is it sad that I adore the uniform?
It's aqua. That's almost teal!

You forgot to mention the big poofy sleeves. Gah. Death to the big poofy sleeves and the ridiculously short skirts. I would not wear those skirts. Nor would I wear Utena's little shorties. Maybe a full-blown snazzy pantsuit wouldn't be too weird (I dress conservatively, in stark contrast with my opinions).

Poor boy. Won't know what hit him.

I smell fanfic inspiration!

As for whether I myself would go, I'd have to consider it. Ohtori has a good way of turning on even the powerful hedonists (i.e. Touga and Akio). I have too many weaknesses that could be exploited, honestly. On the other hand, at least there'd be interesting people who don't play with meth after classes.

Oh, and the fact nobody seems to ever do any work there.

#13 | Back to Top10-21-2007 02:39:46 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

If I could get my hands on a scholarship, then yeah, I'd go to Ohtori. I mean, it's full of problems for the cast of SKU but I imagine that for the vast majority of the student population, it's just an ordinary school. Okay, it's more of an Elaborate University High School but really that's a plus for me. I hated pretty much all of my K-12 experience and while I would have had all the same problems, Ohtori could have given me a good education.

Of course, if I was interesting enough to get a scholarship, that would probably make me interesting enough to pull into all of the dueling crap.

Last edited by ShatteredMirror (10-21-2007 02:40:46 AM)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#14 | Back to Top10-21-2007 09:59:01 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

I'd like to think I'm not hung up enough over my memories or delusional enough about the present to be a good candidate for the school.  But then, Ruka seemed pretty "beyond" those things in his two eps and he had been there too... I often wonder what he was hung up on... I mean, I doubt it was just Juri.  Seems odd to me. 

But yeah, I'd like to visit but wouldn't want to live there.  I'd end up killing the entire female population of that school if I was there for a long period of time. ~_~'

#15 | Back to Top10-21-2007 10:40:15 PM

Dross
Mikage Mistruster

Oh I'd be there in a second!

I could handle the girl's uniform...not exactly my colors, but I would much rather do it Utena's way. X3

Sure, there might be some mind rape... but at least you could work on your issues! That's proactive!

And you know... Akio has had made it with everyone. And everything.

I like those odds.

Besides, I simply don't like to be bored. I think that's the last thing you'd find in Ohotri. emot-keke

#16 | Back to Top10-22-2007 09:11:34 AM

st0dad
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

I'd so stay....I mean, I have enough inner emotional conflict to friggin' become the next Utena...Akio's looking for one, isn't he? And he needs a new witch, too...HMMMMMMM.

Unless I show up while Utena and Anthy are still around. With my luck, I'll end up a black rose duelist, and forget everything as soon as Tenjou-kun defeats me. emot-mad DAMNIT.

As for the uniforms...I love 'em. And have you seen any ugly people in that school (besides Keiko...sorry, I'm not a fan...)?? I'd be hot! And and and...I'd look so adorable with them puffy sleeves and miniskirt. And yeah, adding fun accessories would TOTALLY get the attention of someone. Utena'd walk up to me and be, like, "Hey, has your guidance counselor given you crap about those rainbow stockings?" and I'd go "...yes. Maybe I should..talk to the chairman about it?..." school-devil

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1797/utenasiglf5.jpg

ChuChu: "Around the world I've traveled, strolling trough dozens of countries and thousands of lands, taking my time to feed my knowledge with the wisdom that folklore and history brings along."

#17 | Back to Top10-22-2007 09:22:49 AM

Jellineck

And he needs a new witch, too...HMMMMMMM.

(shameless plus alert) Which thus becomes the inspiration for the fanfic I wrote, only two posts below! (/shameless plug alert)

And I think Keiko is a very pretty. One of the prettiest in the show, really. I like her slightly slanted deep green eyes. It's just that horrible hairdo...

It's pretty amazing how just about everyone said yes, and quite enthusiastically. A few said they'd only go on brief exchanges. Thus, the school that's presented as such a hell in the Anime would be gladly accepted by most viewers.

And I agree that the background normal populace doesn't seem to be troubled much, but I highly doubt the majority of this board would sink into the background.

Last edited by Jellineck (10-22-2007 09:23:54 AM)

#18 | Back to Top11-01-2007 06:30:46 AM

Werekat
Juri Jeerer

*nods* I'd probably try my luck. If only to take a look that kind of deep-seated emotional problems Ohtori would bring out. Kind of a very simple way to look into the mirror. :-D

"...But magic has a habit of lying low, like a rake in the grass." - T. Pratchett

#19 | Back to Top11-01-2007 08:56:55 PM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

I have to add my enthusiastic "definitely" as well. Especially if I can be a duelist. Sure, Ohtori is basically a type of hell, but at least it's more interesting than our world of work, taxes, bills, and other mundane concerns.

#20 | Back to Top11-02-2007 12:28:04 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Jellineck wrote:

highly doubt the majority of this board would sink into the background.

That's my concern about being pulled in... emot-gonk

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

Board footer