This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-22-2012 11:02:25 PM

QQQQQ
Cow Bellhop

Your Sociotype

You can check this page out and answer the questions, and it will give you your Sociotype. From the tabs, you can pick from the extended test (quite lengthy!) so it will give you your subtype, or just the basic test.

A Sociotype(TM) tells you how your psyche is built, out of Jung's 8 cognitive functions, and how your natural strengths, weaknesses and innate attractions are. It's closely related with MBTI, the Myers-Briggs personality typology - except here it's more accurate and in-depth, and it can explain why you seem to be attracted to certain things and people, while repulsed or bored by others.

Interesting Trivia and Reference - I remember for Utena's characters, that:
* Utena Tenjou: Se-ESFp
* Anthy: Ni-INTp
* Nanami Kiryuu: Fe-ESFj
* Akio Ohtori: Ni-ENFj
* Souji Mikage: Ti-INTj
* Saionji Kyouichi: Te-ESTj
* Wakaba Shinohara: Fi-ENFp
* Juri Arisugawa: Ti-ISTj
* Shinji Ikari: Ni-INFp
* Asuka Langley Soryu: Se-ESTp

For me, I am an Ni-INFp.

Last edited by QQQQQ (11-22-2012 11:21:42 PM)

#2 | Back to Top11-23-2012 02:45:27 PM

Lurv
Pained Growlithe

Re: Your Sociotype

Oh, damn, I already took the Myers-Briggs test for several of my characters. Now I'll have to take this test as well.

Maybe I should take it for myself first. emot-tongue This test is kind of hard though!

Apparently I'm an EII-INFj. Not sure how well that fits me. Maybe I'll take the test again later.

#3 | Back to Top11-24-2012 08:32:24 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I got "EII-1Ne (INFj)."  What was most interesting to me was reading, afterwards, about socionics theory on Wikipedia (since the site itself barely begins to explain it).  Socionics results look a lot like Myers-Briggs results, but they're not Myers-Briggs results; there is clearly a relationship between the two, but socionics begins with quite different assumptions and uses words like "introverted" and "extroverted" very differently.  In fact, strangely enough, my INFj sociotype is most likely to translate to an INFP Myers-Briggs result.

Socionics posits eight different kinds of "information metabolism" -- ways the mind can process information.  There are the rational functions of logic and ethics, and the irrational functions of sensing and intuition; and each of these four can be processed in an extroverted or introverted way, for a total of eight.  Socionics goes on to hypothesize that our minds use each of these eight ways of metabolizing information in different contexts, which vary by individual; this is what it means to figure out a sociotype.  There is a function that the conscious mind uses preferentially, called the leading function; "a person's outlook and role in life is largely determined by the nature of this function."  This function is aided and abetted by its sidekick the creative function, a backup way of processing information that is always quite different from the leading function.  If the leading function is introverted, the creative function will be extroverted; if the leading function is rational, the creative function will be irrational.

The test decided that my leading function -- to my mild befuddlement -- is introverted ethics (abbreviated Fi), which has to do with kindness, morality, and understanding relationships.  Since this is an introverted and rational function, my creative function must be extroverted and irrational, and the test picked extroverted intuition (Ne), which has to do with thinking about the essences, capabilities, and potentialities of things and events.  This is more what I think of myself as being good at.  I'm not sure why the test put Fi before Ne, considering that my Ne score was 42% and my Fi was only 33%; this is why my result was EII.  I think the reason has to do with the other six functions, which get locked into place as conscious or subconscious, and strong or weak, once you know someone's leading and creative functions.

I'm actually moderately impressed with how the test pegs me.  Of the eight functions, there is exactly one that I really dislike (and am very bad at) using -- extroverted sensing, which has to do with power, territory, and surface appearances -- and that's the one that the test calls my "vulnerable" function, which is indeed the one you're supposed to hate being forced to use.  There's also one -- introverted intuition, which is about situating what is observed now against the context of the past and the future -- which, when I think about it, I realize I use all the time automatically but almost never use consciously.  That's exactly what the EII type predicts: introverted intuition is the EII's "demonstrative" function, which is just as strong as the leading function but is unconscious and silent.  The test has a couple other really neat hits of this type as well.  I like this one.  Thanks, QQQQQ!

#4 | Back to Top11-25-2012 06:04:39 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

SEI-2Si (ISFp)

Which would explain why I only pretty much agree with the negative parts of the description (like being potentially emotionally volatile, or over-emoting) while the positive bits do read like every social/work eval I've ever gotten.

The picture part is hard!

(And the row of "famous people who are..." is full of sexy cheekbones, so yay! emot-keke)

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#5 | Back to Top12-01-2012 06:11:32 PM

Valeli
Thorn of Death
Website

One of my famous people looks like the guy in the dos equis commercials, but none really have great cheekbones emot-frown

This was a neat test though, I'm glad I stumbled on it. I have some work to do to figure out what it all means though. All the letters/terms are a bit overwhelming at first. I always wanted to take a psychology class in college... I wish I had. That's one of the big things I regret having never gotten around to doing. Sure I can read books on it and learn all about it on my own now, but it's just not the same.

My result was ILI-1Te (INTp) if anyone cares for some reason.

I'm a bit curious how the test used the pictures in section three. Some of them seem to represent clearly different personalities (on face value, at least). But I really didn't see much difference between several of the others. I'm going to read around on that site some and see if they explain it a bit.

#6 | Back to Top12-10-2012 04:54:02 AM

Dazmi
Miki Molester
Website

SEI-1Fe (ISFp)
I think the result makes sense for the most part.
It caught my eye how some of the pictures blocked out other people in various ways.

Last edited by Dazmi (12-10-2012 05:00:24 AM)

#7 | Back to Top12-10-2012 02:26:13 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Yay tests... I got:

Your Sociotype: LII-0 (INTj)
Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work. At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have; at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant.

It seems to be pretty accurate for the most part, especially the "disconnected from societal interaction" bit... emot-redface

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#8 | Back to Top12-31-2012 11:13:05 AM

Dafne
Miki Molester

I got ILI :

"Introverted intuition in ILIs is predominantly characterized by well developed imaginative abilities and mental wanderings. ILI often spend a great deal of time simply thinking and may spend excessive amounts of time in their mind. Most ILIs somehow manage to spend most of their time in their minds regardless of the responsibilities with which they are burdened. This mental focus can be manifest by reflecting on scenarios, on pondering bodies of information, and assorted concepts of interest. They may be prone to excessive day dreaming, in creation of intricate inner worlds or universes, or in mentally replaying elements of their own personal experience. ILIs may even have novelistic tendencies where they create intricate plots, characters, and places, though many ILIs may be generally unmotivated to display such creativity. However, ILIs are not always inclined to share their imaginative tendencies or thoughts with others."

To be honest I don't know how to feel about this xD, on the other hand I got the samy type as Anthy...should I be worried about that? emot-rofl

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2012/073/3/c/puella_magi_madoka_magica_signature_homura_akemi_by_blueangel06661-d4srws8.png

#9 | Back to Top01-01-2013 03:53:39 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Your Sociotype: ILI-0 (INTp)

Brief Description of the ILI

Using introverted intuition as her base function and extroverted thinking as her creative, the ILI is capable of deep and vivid imagery as well as the ability to analyze the correctness of conclusions. In fact, the ILI is excellent at critiquing everything from someone's statements and conclusions to the food she eats. They have an inherent understanding of the weak points in any argument, and they are particularly adept at identifying both empirical weaknesses and logical inconsistencies. As paradoxical as it might sound, the ILI has both the ability to foresee future trends and events, while at the same time refusing to make any assumptions that lack a thorough empirical backing. At her best, the ILI will act as a very useful advisor, pointing out weaknesses and flaws that she sees, while also making suggestions for improvements. At her worst, the ILI's penchant for deep and secluded thoughts, coupled with her refusal to sacrifice truth and accuracy in favor of diplomacy, can result in leaving her socially isolated.

Well, I am pretty analytical and people usually get mad when I tell them the truth because I'm so blunt. This was interesting.

Last edited by Riri-kins (01-01-2013 04:04:30 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#10 | Back to Top01-01-2013 06:15:35 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

I just looked at the original post again and discovered that apparently I am the same personality type as Mikage. emot-aaa poptart

Does this explain why I named my computer Nemuro? emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#11 | Back to Top01-02-2013 10:18:03 PM

QQQQQ
Cow Bellhop

More interesting trivia: Kunihiko Ikuhara, the director of Utena and Mawaru -- he is an INFp like moi. Like David Lynch, 2Pac (Thugs 4 life til we die, homie!), and director Stanley Kubrick.

ANN: Okay, moving on... What are your creative influences? I mean, what American film makers do you like?

IKUHARA: I like David Lynch... Stanley Kubrick... (not a coincidence)

ANN: Who would you like to work with in the future?

IKUHARA: I think I would like to work with David Lynch.

Socionics organises its typings into four different quadras, based upon the valued information elements (in one's ego and super-id block). You tend to harmonize better with others in your quadra.
* Alpha: ENTp, ESFj, ISFp, INTj
* Beta: ENFj, ESTp, ISTj, INFp
* Gamma: ESFp, ENTj, INTp, ISFj
* Delta: ESTj, ENFp, INFj, ISTp

Outside of Utena, you can click here to see your type exemplars.

Last edited by QQQQQ (01-02-2013 10:40:55 PM)

#12 | Back to Top01-04-2013 11:10:14 AM

malna
Caretaker

Socjonika! etc-love
I have studied it for over 5 years now and it's ridiculous how accurate it turns out to be. I'm still not entirely sure whether I'm EII or ILE, nevertheless I have contributed my tiny input to developing the theory in our Polish socio-society, which I'm very proud of. What I enjoy most about this studies is how deep it goes, how extremely layered and logically consistent socionics proves to be. The more I learn, the more is yet to discover.

For obvious reasons, fictional characters don't have sociotypes. Still, they tend to be based on reality to some extent, hence the apparent resemblance with sociotypes. And so,
Utena is clearly not an ethical type, she's too naive about people's motives and relationships. She's a logical type.
Anthy in turn, is of course ethical, most likely EII or IEI.

a lot of hope in one man tent

#13 | Back to Top01-04-2013 01:50:40 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

I took the test yesterday and found out I'm an INFJ - like Christopher Reeves, J.K. Rowling, and Jeremy Irons.

All in all, I'd say I'm keeping good company. emot-rofl

#14 | Back to Top02-03-2013 11:37:15 AM

Sakura Rurouni
Saionji Slapper

Huh, I got SEI-1Fe (ISFp). I fully expected to get ENFP like I have most of the past times I took the MBTI. Looks like I became a little more introverted somewhere along the line!

La blessure traverse mon cœur
Et j'ai-- la joie dans la douleur
Je m'enivre de ce poison
À en perdre la raison

#15 | Back to Top02-03-2013 07:36:10 PM

BlackBeforeRed
Acknowledged Smart Person

Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.

Hmm, I've always been an INFP with regards to the MBTI, but looking at Saytr's post I guess it's normal for an INFP to be read as INFj

#16 | Back to Top02-04-2013 12:32:45 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)

What's interesting to me, though, is that beneath that it said:

Other Possible Types

IEI (INFp): 99% as likely as EII.
LII (INTj): 92% as likely as EII.
ILI (INTp): 78% as likely as EII.

Does anyone know, is this based on the results or is it just how often the test has previously misread one type as another?

Oh, and am I the only one who was having a real problem with the things they set up as opposing? To be honest, if I could have moved the slider in both directions, I would have for most of the test emot-confused

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#17 | Back to Top02-04-2013 12:38:38 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

No idea.  The information on their website, including their (very dead) forum, is presented in an unclear and incomplete format.  The test, and the site more broadly, has the hallmarks of being the brainchild of one smart person with an obsession and severe time constraints -- completely unlike anyone we know, of course.  The code is probably not commented either.  emot-rolleyes

#18 | Back to Top02-04-2013 02:45:37 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

satyreyes wrote:

the hallmarks of being the brainchild of one [two] smart person with an obsession and severe time constraints

I am sensing a similarity between that site and us here.... emot-tongue

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#19 | Back to Top02-04-2013 10:46:16 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Like I said, completely unlike anyone we know. emot-wink

#20 | Back to Top03-19-2016 06:49:38 AM

malna
Caretaker

QQQQQ wrote:

Kunihiko Ikuhara, the director of Utena and Mawaru -- he is an INFp

I am inclined to type him an EII. For one, his primary focus is clearly on relationships and ideals, which both are Fi domain (the base function of an EII).

#21 | Back to Top07-26-2016 02:03:27 PM

Empress_Arcana
Rose Bride

I've taken a different Myers-Briggs quiz on a different site before, and I got "INFP ('The Mediator')." I guess that makes me like Shinji, which is pretty cool, because even though Eva isn't my fav anime I found I could relate to Shinji a lot.

This binch be postin' once every century

#22 | Back to Top12-10-2016 10:58:01 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Sensing Logical Introvert- the craftsman (SLI-0)
This was my first attempt at the test. I decided to take the test over just to see if I changed my answers a little what result I would get.

Sensing Logical Introvert- the craftsman (SLI-Te)

I got essentially the same outcome after I changed some of my answers. I do agree with the tests assessment of me, but I get the sense I got an answer from a fortune cookie collection of answers that all sound favorable. A lot of those questions were choosing between the fingers or the the thumb. Both are equally important and choosing one over the other is not wise. However, one action must take precedence in order to make the other option viable or more achievable. What do you think of this test?

I did notice the "Introvert" designation is very universal with the members of the forum. I do not think this is a coincidence. This test may give us clues to how we are alike. Introverts make friends easiest with other introverts? What do you guys and gals think?

Last edited by yusaku (12-10-2016 11:22:54 PM)

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

#23 | Back to Top01-08-2017 04:04:47 PM

malna
Caretaker

yusaku wrote:

A lot of those questions were choosing between the fingers or the the thumb. Both are equally important and choosing one over the other is not wise. However, one action must take precedence in order to make the other option viable or more achievable. What do you think of this test?

Pretty much the same thing. It is common consensus that socionics tests suck. Mostly because socionics is not about traits / stable characteristics, which tests could measure, but actually about how different people process information. Which turns out way more exciting! And useful.

Also, yey! SLI! If the test got it right - which, amazingly, oftentimes would happen - we're each other's activators. That's theoretically a pretty awesome relation.

Introverts make friends easiest with other introverts? What do you guys and gals think?

Easiest, maybe. But is it for the best, I wonder? I do believe in complementary personalities and all that.

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

SEI-2Si (ISFp)

Aww, that kind of explains a lot. :3 I have a huge soft spot for SEI people with strong Si subtype. You guys are the most soothing creatures out there. And often artistically inclined, with rich, saturated emotions - just all around wonderful. emot-smile
I bet OnlyInThisLight is Alpha SF as well (SEI or ESE - these two are mirror sociotypes).

#24 | Back to Top01-16-2017 05:17:54 PM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

I got IEI-1Fe (INFp) and, uh...Yeah, it turned out to be pretty darn accurate. I was more than a little intrigued, actually. Neat test if I do say so myself.

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus's life, it has only just begun
This is how it feel to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave

#25 | Back to Top01-23-2017 06:07:07 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Malna glad to hear we are each other's activators. Panda nice to be in company of another fellow introvert. Although, like Malna hinted at, I think we can get along with other personality types because we are stable and genuine in our personality type.

What different personality types compliment the introvert personality type the best? I like the extroverts that tend to hang in the coffee houses, sci-fi cons, and anime conventions. I was always was a fan of academics like students and professors.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

Board footer