This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top06-28-2015 01:31:06 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Match the SKU Cast With Their Spirit Dinosaurs

When in the course of human events something as amazing as SKU is birthed it is up to we few, the lovers, the fans, and the rabid diehard members of a community like this to take things to a new level. During a conversation with none other than the legendary satyreyes it occurred to us that this ground had not been tread. We must take the opportunity to blaze a trail and begin the revolution! Whatever we decide upon shall be forever etched in stone (er, drawn on paper by a certain panda) and memorialized within these hallowed walls from now till the end of days, a reminder of what we were able to accomplish! SO WHO'S WITH ME!? The choice is yours, your only limits are your own imaginations. Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks. emot-biggrin

Note: Most agreed upon selections will be the ones chosen unless a suggestion is just too absolutely adorable to pass up.

Icarus is flying too close to the sun
And Icarus's life, it has only just begun
This is how it feel to take a fall
Icarus is flying towards an early grave

#2 | Back to Top06-28-2015 01:47:04 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: Match the SKU Cast With Their Spirit Dinosaurs

So Anthy's job is to have a bunch of swords stuck through her, right?

http://s24.postimg.org/l6rojor9t/Ankylosaurus_Render.jpg
Ankylosaur!  Anthylosaur?

Wakaba is a very ordinary dinosaur with no special features or talents except that she is obviously the best dinosaur.

http://s17.postimg.org/esistmvi3/stegosaurus.jpg
Stegosaur!

Tsuwabuki is fond of lurking in high places and dropping things on those below him, and he is adorable.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/papo_ptero_zpst5br0xdw.jpg
Pterodactyl!

Finally, I think we can all agree that Saionji needs to be whatever Touga is except smaller and not quite as cool.

#3 | Back to Top06-28-2015 01:58:03 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Anthylosaur and Miptsurudactyl/Ptsuwabukidactyl are great.

I'm not sure about Wakaba, though. I can't really picture anything that fits her...Maybe a pachycephalosaurus, as their most prominent physical features are their heads?

http://s9.postimg.org/6p8rtltzv/pachy.jpg

I'm in agreement about the Saionji/Touga thing...Unless someone can sway me. There are a lot of great ideas posted on other threads about other things, so I guess we'll just see how this one plays out!

Last edited by DiddlyPanda (06-28-2015 01:58:58 AM)

#4 | Back to Top06-28-2015 04:14:34 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Finally, I think we can all agree that Saionji needs to be whatever Touga is except smaller and not quite as cool.

Touga: T-rex
Saionji: Raptor

I got dis. cool

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top06-28-2015 04:39:01 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Hmmm I was thinking, in that water fountain slapping scene, of Anthy as Chris Pratt and the girl posse as the raptorspleasedontkillme emot-gonk

#6 | Back to Top06-28-2015 04:56:18 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Snow wrote:

Hmmm I was thinking, in that water fountain slapping scene, of Anthy as Chris Pratt and the girl posse as the raptorspleasedontkillme emot-gonk

Haha! YAAAAS. So funny! emot-rofl

As far as Touga and Saionji, I suppose that works, Gio. As reasonable a suggestion as any.

#7 | Back to Top06-28-2015 07:03:32 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Nanami, Keiko, Aiko, and Yuuko are all allosauruses with Nanami being the alpha and most powerful. They are predators which occasionally engage in pack hunter behavior, but are just as likely to turn on each other.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#8 | Back to Top06-28-2015 10:18:21 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Ashnod wrote:

Nanami, Keiko, Aiko, and Yuuko are all allosauruses with Nanami being the alpha and most powerful. They are predators which occasionally engage in pack hunter behavior, but are just as likely to turn on each other.

Ooooooh, very true...

#9 | Back to Top06-28-2015 01:36:54 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Do flying and sea reptiles count?

Keiko is an oviraptor. She's went for Touga like oviraptor stole other dinosaurs' eggs.

Utena is an ornithomimus if we just go by her athletic ability. They could run up to forty miles per hour.

Anthy is an igaunodon. She likes plants even more than most dinosaurs and on the rare occasions she attacks she has huge claws like thumbs for defense.

Wakaba is an archaeopteryx. She has the potential to be flashy but sexual dimorphism means her feathers wouldn't be as brightly variegated. emot-frown (Yeah, I know nobody knows what color their feathers were but most females of any species aren't as beautiful.)

Miki and Kozue are parasaurolophuses. Parasaurolophus's crest might have held part of a larger and smarter brain or it might have been hollow and used for one of the most distinctive mating calls among dinosaurs. Even after a male fought another male for a mate's attention she might tease him for weeks before mating and this certainly describes Kozue.

Tokiko is maiasaura or the good mother lizard.

Akio is elasmosaurus because he attacks his victims by surprise. He can wait in the murky water or use his long neck to grab an unsuspecting pterodactyl midair. Though in the end he probably falls victim to sharks as human Akio is a victim of his own coffin.

Ashnod wrote:

I can see that too.

Last edited by Riri-kins (06-28-2015 01:43:05 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#10 | Back to Top06-28-2015 03:05:53 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I will also second the allosaurus pack.

Riri-kins wrote:

Akio is elasmosaurus because he attacks his victims by surprise. He can wait in the murky water or use his long neck to grab an unsuspecting pterodactyl midair. Though in the end he probably falls victim to sharks as human Akio is a victim of his own coffin.

I like this one.  Elasmosaurs could also look at the stars by gazing into the water, which is like a planetarium for dinosaurs, and it is easier to imagine an elasmosaur with a lavender mullet than most other dinosaurs.

#11 | Back to Top06-28-2015 03:39:51 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Mikage could be a Troodon: small, slender, nocturnal, had some of the largest known brains of any dinosaur group, relative to their body mass.

The raptor thing was based more on comedy than an actual scientific parallel.

Last edited by Snow (06-28-2015 03:43:22 PM)

#12 | Back to Top06-29-2015 11:58:11 AM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

Hmmm I can't think of anything right now (except that Akio has to be the flashiest, fanciest, predatory dinosaur EVER) but I just had the mental image of a duelist T-rex that's fallen on its nose and cannot get up and is wiggling its tiny arms to try and get the sword that's fallen onto the ground....

It's a good thing we have theme songs for this "Spira Mirabilis Theatre" and "In the body of the Palaeozoic Era"....

I am an actor, eternally metaphorical

Icon credit

#13 | Back to Top06-29-2015 12:05:48 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Do birds count as dinosaurs for the purposes of this exercise?  Because I'm totally seeing Juri as a whippoorwill and Shiori as a mockingbird.

#14 | Back to Top06-29-2015 01:08:18 PM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

lectic wrote:

Hmmm I can't think of anything right now (except that Akio has to be the flashiest, fanciest, predatory dinosaur EVER) but I just had the mental image of a duelist T-rex that's fallen on its nose and cannot get up and is wiggling its tiny arms to try and get the sword that's fallen onto the ground....

It's a good thing we have theme songs for this "Spira Mirabilis Theatre" and "In the body of the Palaeozoic Era"....

That could easily be one of the Nanami episodes, with this happening to her. Or to Saionji. It would have been hilarious.

satyreyes wrote:

Do birds count as dinosaurs for the purposes of this exercise?  Because I'm totally seeing Juri as a whippoorwill and Shiori as a mockingbird.

Presenting Shiori, of House Baelish!
(Yes yes this is good)

#15 | Back to Top06-29-2015 08:06:31 PM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

satyreyes wrote:

Since modern birds are essentially the remnants of dinosaurs, seems fine by me.

Also, poor T-rex... "I have a big head and little arms! Hrrrrrng!"

GREAT suggestions so far, btw!

#16 | Back to Top06-29-2015 11:24:36 PM

Akio
The Principle Antagonist
Website

http://i.imgur.com/ixcTEwU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P5VwaIU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WrEzPX4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yEvaRJP.jpg

#17 | Back to Top06-30-2015 10:51:08 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

It's been a while, Akio! Who knew you were such a dab hand at Photoshop? emot-rofl

#18 | Back to Top06-30-2015 10:52:56 AM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

I laughed for what I feel is an inappropriate amount of time at the last pic there. Akio, you win +5 internets.

#19 | Back to Top06-30-2015 12:36:10 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

Anthy is a Tortoise. Seemingly slow and useless. Retreats into shell when threatened. Wins by outliving everyone.

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#20 | Back to Top06-30-2015 01:19:14 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I guess those business meetings are super boring when you already have the end result decided. emot-rolleyes

[There should never be more than two forum members in a room with a computer at any given moment.]

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#21 | Back to Top07-04-2015 01:49:31 PM

lectic
Wakaba Wrangler

Akio, I laughed too much at that. It's more difficult than I expected to come up with a dinosaur cast...

I am an actor, eternally metaphorical

Icon credit

#22 | Back to Top09-13-2015 06:51:13 PM

DiddlyPanda
Anthy Assailer

Hey there. I just wanted to apologize for my prolonged absence. I got rather ill and was laid up for quite a while. In the process I ended up getting absorbed in another project. I do still intend on delivering on the promise of drawing up some pictures for the SKU cast's spirit dinosaurs, but I really can't say when. Hope you guys had fun playing along! As soon as I have some artwork I'll be sure to post it right here.

#23 | Back to Top08-20-2017 04:48:17 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Saionji is a utahraptor.  He has a terrible temper and is more likely to attack someone rather than just bluff. T-Rex and Spinosaurus have mean reputations but utahraptor was proven to be the fiercest dinosaur.

Shiori is a dilophosaurus. These dinos were almost nothing like their Jurassic Park version. Dilophosaurus could not spit venom and did not have a frill but it had a small crest on its snout to seduce others. They also preferred bluffing over fighting. Shiori's also kind of a shrinking violet unless she wants something from Ruka/Juri.

Juri is a gigantoraptor.  Although technically not a raptor, it was very graceful and has a couple of secrets just like Juri. She is secretly in love with Shiori and gigantoraptor's diet and appearance is still a complete mystery. We don't if it it was an herbivore or an omnivore or if it had feathers. Both are enigmas.

Last edited by Riri-kins (04-17-2018 03:27:26 PM)

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

Board footer