This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#626 | Back to Top10-13-2014 04:44:24 PM

Gaston
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Re: Personal Canon

gorgeousshutin wrote:

Gaston wrote:

I am starting to consider the elephants who harassed Nanami and her friends are representation of patriarch. I often see elephant representing penis in anime (heck, it even has one when Tsuwabuki is naked). Maybe they were horny teens (that why they were surfing, to impress the ladies!) or even rapists. emot-gonk

I always thought the elephants are the three stooges in animal form.

Are they know in Japan?

Proud Juri x Shiori, Nanami x Tsuwabuki and Utena x Wakaba fan

#627 | Back to Top10-13-2014 04:46:18 PM

cypsiman2
Miki Molester

Gaston wrote:

gorgeousshutin wrote:

Gaston wrote:

I am starting to consider the elephants who harassed Nanami and her friends are representation of patriarch. I often see elephant representing penis in anime (heck, it even has one when Tsuwabuki is naked). Maybe they were horny teens (that why they were surfing, to impress the ladies!) or even rapists. emot-gonk

I always thought the elephants are the three stooges in animal form.

Are they know in Japan?

I believe Gorgeousshutin was referring to the three guys who keep hounding Nanami that Tsuwabuki fought off in his introductory episode.

That said, all evidence indicating that the elephants were the stooges came from Nanami's dream, so take that as you will.

#628 | Back to Top10-13-2014 05:02:48 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Tsuwabuki set the elephants on Nanami and her posse. We know he's been stalking her long before he was introduced to the audience and it's his method down to a t. He never managed to save her as was his intention but then again that never stopped Tsuwabuki from trying again. emot-dance

Some crazy headcanon that actually makes sense:

*After leaving Ohtori Mikage went on to find the cure to cancer. With his penchant for the dying and scientific ardor I can easily see him devoting himself to cancer research. He'd start a Mamiya Institute for the purpose and dedicate his well deserved Nobel to Mamiya.

#629 | Back to Top10-18-2014 08:48:04 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I'm rewatching Princess Tutu and it suddenly hit me...Pique and Lilie are SKU's Shadow Girls. Somehow.

http://dandycandy.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/pandl.jpg

#630 | Back to Top10-19-2014 05:32:18 PM

Jacrad
Ballgoer

I feel like Miss Edel was closer to being the shadow girls than those two. If anything they remind me more of Nanami. Only less mean-spirited.

#631 | Back to Top10-21-2014 08:28:39 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Edel is a very meta character like the Shadow Girls but her whole attitude strikes as too tragic. While Pique and Lilie have a zany craziness to them along with providing commentary. Lilie in particular greatly enjoys Ahiru's woes and squees with delight when things go wrong.

#632 | Back to Top11-01-2014 01:18:38 PM

CelianAdellanie
New Student

Saionji wears his hair long to secret support Touga, whose "father" wants his hair long. Shhh, it's secret! Don't let anyone know that Saionji still has hope for friendship of the kind you see in innocent shoujo manga....

Currently on a quest to revive SKU fanfiction. For fluff, crackfic, or angst, follow this link to the Ends of the World: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6054705/CelianAdellanie

#633 | Back to Top02-22-2015 12:01:48 AM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

*Nanami eventually becomes a highly successful avant garde designer with a cow-bell inspired jewelry line that is popular with girls all over the world. Touga ends up being known only as the less amazing Kiryuu and never recovers from the blow.

*Everyone is given a package of cookies upon joining the Mikage seminar. These cookies are absolutely delicious thanks to their secret ingredient: ashes from the dead boys mixed in the dough. poptart

*The twins' father is Gendou.

*Anthy is a huge Madoka fan.

*Saionji and Makishima from Yowapeda are actually twins.

#634 | Back to Top02-22-2015 04:00:27 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Isn't the blond friend in Princess Tutu voiced by Nanami's seiyuu?

Nocturnalux wrote:

*The twins' father is Gendou.

Well, fuck.

I'm going with that.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#635 | Back to Top02-22-2015 04:15:44 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Nah. Grandfather. Their parents are Shinji and Rei. [Which makes him their only grandfather, come to think of it...]

#636 | Back to Top02-24-2015 08:07:33 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I enjoyed the theory considered on this blog that during the Black Rose Arc, Anthy is not fully aware she is playing the role of Mamiya. During my re-watch I found it weird how 'out of it' Anthy seems, Utena never knows where she is, she's falling asleep in the middle of conversations and Utena is getting really frustrated with her for not taking care of herself. Most interestingly, when she is entirely alone, she keeps wondering to herself 'why am I always so sleepy'? In fact she does not turn back into herself till Akio touches her. My headcanon likes and accepts this a lot. etc-love

Atropos wrote:

Nah. Grandfather. Their parents are Shinji and Rei. [Which makes him their only grandfather, come to think of it...]

It would explain the blue hair...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#637 | Back to Top02-24-2015 06:34:19 PM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

YamPuff wrote:

I enjoyed the theory considered on this blog that during the Black Rose Arc, Anthy is not fully aware she is playing the role of Mamiya. During my re-watch I found it weird how 'out of it' Anthy seems, Utena never knows where she is, she's falling asleep in the middle of conversations and Utena is getting really frustrated with her for not taking care of herself. Most interestingly, when she is entirely alone, she keeps wondering to herself 'why am I always so sleepy'? In fact she does not turn back into herself till Akio touches her.

That... makes a lot of sense. And, if true, raises Anthy's creep factor to sixteen out of a scale of one to ten.

#638 | Back to Top03-26-2015 09:45:34 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

I'm now convinced that Wakaba and Mako Mankanshoku are somehow related.

edit(4/11/15): I'm now also convinced that the Kiryuu and the Kiryuin families are somehow distantly related.

Last edited by onsenmark (04-11-2015 02:51:58 AM)

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#639 | Back to Top04-15-2015 11:30:20 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

Atropos wrote:

That is...so disturbing in so many ways.

And on the subject of Utena characters' relatives:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr159/abc456582/23461.jpg

Raikou, in the above picture, is what eventually happened to Mikage after leaving Ohotori...somehow. Sounds random but:

*The pink hair and even the hairstyle is alike
*Mandatory shota 'companion' except Gau's devotion borders on paranoia. And their interaction may even have more subtext, believe it or no.
*Killer sword skills, inherited and now put to very good use
*Not quite a villain for Mikage has learned his lesson but not one of the good guys either.
*Mikage went for black roses, Raikou loves red spider lilies, flowers associated with death and reincarnation.
*Amazing fashion sense from his Nemuro days now upped to a level of craziness:
http://blog-imgs-21.fc2.com/g/r/e/greensnake/20080624211135.jpg

#640 | Back to Top04-16-2015 07:33:12 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

onsenmark wrote:

I'm now convinced that Wakaba and Mako Mankanshoku are somehow related.

edit(4/11/15): I'm now also convinced that the Kiryuu and the Kiryuin families are somehow distantly related.

We need an SKU x KLK fanart, stat!

- Saionji and Juri are really best friends, and share hair curlers and other hair care products.
- The Utena movie is a dream Anthy has during her journey to find series-Utena
- Touga is really Demian from the novel of the same name

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#641 | Back to Top04-16-2015 07:54:48 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

DorianGray345 wrote:

- The Utena movie is a dream Anthy has during her journey to find series-Utena

I love this one.  And her reaction to it upon waking up is the same as the audience's:

https://i.imgflip.com/ka1po.jpg

#642 | Back to Top04-16-2015 08:02:24 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Utena's actually homeless post revolution.  Think about it. She has no real skills.

Akio tries to make Kanae the next Rose Bride but she dies shortly afterwards.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#643 | Back to Top04-17-2015 11:42:21 AM

Gaston
Mikage Mistruster
Website

Professor Nemuro was so angry after seeing Tokiko kissing Akio that he moves to USA and shoots JFK.

Atropos wrote:

Or maybe Shinji and Rei are Ruka's parent and he die because of consanguinity.

Proud Juri x Shiori, Nanami x Tsuwabuki and Utena x Wakaba fan

#644 | Back to Top04-18-2015 05:26:24 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

Trinity Blood's Brother Petros and Chigusa are related.

Ok just look at them
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/FallenKrusnik/Minitokyo_Group_Scans_Trinity_Bl-1.jpg

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Game/Artwork/Game_Art_010.jpg?m=1380881364

#645 | Back to Top04-18-2015 06:30:30 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Akio is the Joker. A sexy, perverted version of the Joker.

#646 | Back to Top04-18-2015 11:38:03 PM

staplerman
Wakaba Wrangler

Very recent headcanon of mine, but I like it a lot because it allows two non-Anthy/Utena female characters to be friends and offers a solution to their problems.

Post-series, Kozue and Shiori began to interact more. At first they just made fun of each other's issues, but eventually they start enjoying each other's company and their barbs become less personal and more joking. Shiori was the first to talk about the whole dueling saga and how she played it into it, which prompted Kozue to slowly give out details about her personal life and problems. By becoming friends with each other, they became less dependent on the people they tortured and were tortured by. Finally, they graduate from mutual therapists to genuine friends. They're often sarcastic towards, but they care for each other. This friendship also allows Kozue and Shiori to slowly reconstruct their relationships with Miki and Juri, respectively. Hurray for supportive female friends!

Other ones I just came up with but I kinda like:

Brown-haired boy never came back for Juri because he felt he betrayed her by going with Shiori. And also he realized men weren't her interest. Nevertheless, he often thinks about her and contemplates writing her a letter, just to catch up. Ruka came into Juri's life once brown-haired boy had left, so he only knows vague things about him.

Mitsuru becomes the Keeper of the Stopwatch. After years of studying from Miki, he finally learned what were the most cryptic moments when he could click the stopwatch. He never reveals why he was sought out to be the Keeper, nor why he continues doing it.

Wakaba likes calling her boyfriends "daddy," partially as a joke, partially to annoy them, and partially because she kind of likes it. It has scared off a couple of them, but she has no intention of stopping. She once accidentally referred to Saionji as 'daddy,' a situation which took a lot of explaining to defuse (they never got together, but that didn't stop Wakaba's fantasizing).

#647 | Back to Top05-02-2015 06:55:53 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Utena suffers from Schizophrenia - this is a view that I plan on emphasizing in an Utena-inspired novel of mine.

Seriously, just imagine the questions to be raised!

#648 | Back to Top05-03-2015 01:44:42 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Brown hair is code for vanilla sexual preferences in Utena. This especially applies to girls. The only straight girls in Utena who are not in love with their siblings have brown hair like Tokiko, Keiko, and countless fangirls. Kanae is the sole exception.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#649 | Back to Top05-04-2015 09:47:34 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Riri-kins wrote:

Brown hair is code for vanilla sexual preferences in Utena. This especially applies to girls. The only straight girls in Utena who are not in love with their siblings have brown hair like Tokiko, Keiko, and countless fangirls. Kanae is the sole exception.

So that's me, apparently.

#650 | Back to Top05-04-2015 10:41:56 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Riri-kins wrote:

I dunno.  Wakaba may not be in love with her sibling, but if she has vanilla sexual preferences then my kinkdar is nonexistent. emot-biggrin

Board footer