This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#176 | Back to Top12-13-2008 02:16:53 PM

Seitokaichou
Knight of Gates
Website

Re: Worst Anime Couples (canon or fandom)

Iris wrote:

Zero X Yuuki from Vampire Knight.  No particular reason... I just don't like it.

But I know the real reason. school-devil

dollface wrote:

Iris wrote:

Hermione X Ron.

Seconding! I can't stand Hermoine and Ron.

Thirding!

"I pronounce you officially engaged."

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/utenasignetringfanbase/linkback/rsen.gif

#177 | Back to Top12-13-2008 02:41:58 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Iris wrote:

Hermione X Ron.

Agreed. For me, it's just Ron. I just hate him, always have done. And I loved Hermione from the start. So my reaction was all like NO HERMIONE NO graaarghhhh emot-gonk
That said, I'm even less of a fan of Harry/Hermione, so to me the whole H/H vs H/R shipper fandom wankolypse that broke out after the seventh book was hilarious.
......was I the only one who thought Ginny/Luna would make a nice couple? emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#178 | Back to Top12-13-2008 02:48:29 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Seitokaichou wrote:

Iris wrote:

Zero X Yuuki from Vampire Knight.  No particular reason... I just don't like it.

But I know the real reason. school-devil

Shush, you emot-redface

Yay, I'm not the only one who hated Ron X Hermionee.  Girl needed someone better then all of them.

But... Ginny X Luna?  HELL YES.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#179 | Back to Top12-13-2008 03:02:56 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

I really think Ginny/Luna is better than Ginny/Harry

#180 | Back to Top12-14-2008 11:51:38 AM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I think I'm going to be sick.

In the vein of BSSM, Minako is my favorite Senshi and Yaten is my favorite Starlight, but for some reason, I don't like that pairing.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#181 | Back to Top12-14-2008 01:46:58 PM

Katzenklavier
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

Yay Tomo emot-biggrin  I think I cried more when he died than when most of the good guys did. Soi was always a fave too.

I loved Tomo. He was just so creepily fabulous. Ah gods it's so good to know there's another Tomo fan. Plus, I like to think we have similar senses of fashion.
http://www.hamanime.de/pix/anime3/fy/tomo.jpg

^ How I dress all the time, obviously.

I second Ron and Hermione, but I raise with Harry and Ginny. I mean, it started off cute and everything. But by the time they were involved, there was NO CHEMISTRY WHATSOEVER. NONE.

Hermione does deserve a lot better. Hermione/Luna. Interesting idea, but cute. Hell, Luna with anybody. She was adorable. What about Neville/Luna? I always liked Neville...

We must go forward, not backward. Upward, not forward. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

#182 | Back to Top12-14-2008 03:11:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I despise Harry X Ginny with a fiery passion.  I guess the only girl good enough for the hero was the beautiful (I wonder how many times JKR oh so subtly reminded us of this fact), amazingly athletic and popular spitfire who was awesome at magic because she just was, which is much much better than being talented or knowledgeable because you possess the desire and will to be.

I admire Hermione for being book smart.  Sure, books don't hold all the answers and they couldn't fix her insecurities, but I don't like the fact that the series made more than one go at rubbing in her face that, apparently, trying and wanting weren't good enough.  You had to be, you know, 'naturally' gifted like Harry and Ginny in order to be really special or useful.  And that she was a naive idiot for daring to think otherwise.

Kind of sounds like pureblood thinking, right?

Also, LuciusXSirius.  I like the pairing, but for a ship that holds so much bad-ass potential, I'm surprised at how hard it is to find good fan-fiction for it.

(NO I REALLY AM STUDYING RIGHT NOW I SWEAR)

#183 | Back to Top12-14-2008 05:16:35 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Katzenklavier wrote:

Hermione/Luna. Interesting idea, but cute. Hell, Luna with anybody.

YES YES YES
Btw...ever heard of something called a 'Lunajack'?
school-devil
emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#184 | Back to Top01-29-2009 07:35:57 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

A Day Without Me wrote:

I don't like the SakuraxSyaoran pairing AT ALL. I love CCS, but I cannot stand that pairing.

I kind of like it, but I think that CLAMP could have written/drawn it better. Maybe?

I'm not a huge fan of Setsuna/Sara from Angel Sanctuary. It's not the incest. It's just that their relationship feels a little forced or something.

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#185 | Back to Top02-02-2009 05:16:08 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Oh...and just gotta post Usagi x Mamo-chan. For some reason, it just didn't move me. So I ended up skipping a lot of Sailor Moon as a result.
Usagi x Rei on the other hand.....emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#186 | Back to Top02-02-2009 08:52:43 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Seconded. I hate, hate, HATE the UsagixMamo-chan thing. They just didn't have it. Seiya and Usagi, well I was all for that. I was definitely all for ReixMakoto. I just totally saw that.

Strawberry Panic: I didn't hate ShizumaxNagisa; actually I loved them, but I saw Shizuma and Rokujo, or Chikaru and Shizuma, and Amane and Hikari just didn't fly. They were cute, but too cute. It was ridiculous.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#187 | Back to Top02-03-2009 05:48:16 AM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Prince_of_Stars wrote:

Seconded. I hate, hate, HATE the UsagixMamo-chan thing. They just didn't have it. Seiya and Usagi, well I was all for that. I was definitely all for ReixMakoto. I just totally saw that.

Strawberry Panic: I didn't hate ShizumaxNagisa; actually I loved them, but I saw Shizuma and Rokujo, or Chikaru and Shizuma, and Amane and Hikari just didn't fly. They were cute, but too cute. It was ridiculous.

I'm more of a MakotoxAmi person myself, but ReixMako certainly has possiblities.....emot-biggrin
Seconded on Amane and Hikari: they just didn't seem to have all sexual tension and DRAMAs and whatnot that makes Shizuma and Nagisa so fun. Poor Tamao and Miyuki, though....emot-gonk
Even if they do make a fun pairing. XD

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#188 | Back to Top02-03-2009 09:52:40 PM

Duelist Megu
Ruthless Deflorist
Website

Fushigi Yuugi:  I actually like Miaka.  She grows quite a bit by the end of the series, and you know, the whole pure of heart thing, it's not "realistic", but it's such a part and parcel of the genre, what are you doing watching magicy shoujo stuff?  And it's inspiring, you know?  If other people can feel inspired just because we elected a black guy, I can feel inspired by Miaka.  So there.

Also, Yui totally gets me going.  Unnngh. etc-wankdudeetc-love  Between the voice and her general look (see Katzen's pictures; blond, slightly boyish, but with superpretty features), I melt.

Vampire Knight:  I don't mind Zero X Yuuki as much as the whole Kaname X Yuuki kick they were on when I last checked in on the series.  But whoever they pick, it is taking too damn long to get to the sex.  I'm a horrible person for saying or thinking that, but this is such a tease.

Harry Potter: Don't follow this fandom at all, but I just gotta say that a Lunajack sounds like you're plugging electronics into her.

Ouran: I basically agree with dollface.  The HaruhiXKaoru thing just doesn't work for me.  But I more object to the last episode of the series, where she apparently suddenly went from indifferent to Tamaki to all emotive and totally unHaruhi-like.  Too jarring, no buildup.  If she ends up with a guy at all (her orientation's kind of an open question, IMO), my vote's for Kasanoda.

Sailor Moon:

Seitokaichou wrote:

As for my own contribution to this thread: Tuxedo Mask x Sailor Moon *ducks to protect self from angry Moonies™*

You are a heretic.  You know that, right?

I do think he kind of stopped being interesting after he and Usagi started dating, but frankly, that's more of an issue of the show's execution of the pairing, which I suppose is a fine line to draw.  I was a Seiya fan, though.

As far as my own contribution to this discussion?  Martina and Zangulus from Slayers; Martina's not the relationship type, and while I haven't seen the new series, realistically they're going to wreck themselves pretty catastrophically.

#189 | Back to Top02-14-2009 01:19:59 PM

Haku Vinevaldi
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

I agree with the Sailor moon thing..Usagi was annoying anyway

i don't like the Utena x Akio pairing..i just don't...

i like Touga x almost anyone though.

i don't like Zero x Kaname...i like Aido x Kaname...mmm.

and Ginny x Luna sounds hot! i never even thought of it...

for Twilight..i don't like Edward x Bella...what about Edward x Jacob?....

i love yuri and yaoi pairings the most. i actually don't like it when its hetero, it gets less original

Board footer