This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-14-2007 02:42:01 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Your Username...

dollface wrote:

For a while, I was 'Galadriel'. LOTR was my SKU at one point.

All these Tolkien references are winning. cool And Stormcrow...there was a time when Akio and Gandalf were duking it out in my head for who would get a gigantic internets shrine. Obvious who won, huh? I guess Gandalf shoulda done more draping himself seductively across Shadowfax. emot-redface (I used to have the screen name Gandalf 0wnz j00. I then moved on to MrsAkioOhtori, which I used for a long time here until I just started going by my actual name...because at this point, MrsAkioOhtori would be only slightly less obvious than TheSkyIsBlue. emot-rolleyes)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#27 | Back to Top07-14-2007 02:42:31 AM

Archambeau
Muffy, the Forums Trophy Wife

Your name is gorgeous, Maarika.

We miss you, Yasha! etc-love

#28 | Back to Top07-14-2007 02:55:52 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

My username is just a variation on my real name; after twenty-five years of "Claire" I find it boring. emot-keke I go through stages of which version I like best -- I currently most like "Chiara" (Italian) and "Sorcha" (Gaelic) -- but in my last job at home a lot of my workmates used to call me Clarice for a laugh, which they did after a discussion of Hannibal Lector led to my mentioning a friend in high school who called me Clarice with a very good Anthony Hopkins-esque tone of voice. So, basically, it amuses me as the name of a literary character I quite like and a variation on my own name. Besides, like Clarice Starling I have a drive to understand things by any means available, so we at least have that much in common. emot-tongue

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#29 | Back to Top07-14-2007 03:05:39 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Arki is shortened from Arkiony, which is a virtual dragon I had on neopets.com. I adopted the pet, so the name creator is unknown. I chose it over my usual username because my previous forum was dedicated to owners of this pet and everyone had to have their pets name. Plus, I didn't figure I'd be this active over here. emot-smile Before the Utena avvy, I used to have a picture of him.

#30 | Back to Top07-14-2007 03:55:49 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

As you might have guessed, my forum name of Tamago came about because I wanted a good SKU name and before I was able to watch Utena on Youtube, I concidered Nanami to be little more than just The Libby because of a few screenshots and essays on SKU I had read, but after watching SKU, Nanami became my favourite bad-girl and Nanami's Egg is my favourite Nanami episode hence the name Tamago.

#31 | Back to Top07-14-2007 04:07:11 AM

Toulouse
Saionji Slapper

Being the uncreative person I am, I just stole Toulouse-Lautrec's name. I am fond of his paintings and his life story. The name itself has a nice ring to it too.

#32 | Back to Top07-14-2007 04:13:37 AM

alexielnet
Unfulfilled Juror
Website

I use my domain as my handle sometimes, usually because it is something I can always get and I like consistency. Considering I own the domain, why would anybody else want to use it? It beats the hell out of Melpomene, which was my first handle. emot-rolleyes I was 15 and very lame.

#33 | Back to Top07-14-2007 06:24:06 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Archambeau = best surname EVER.  Seriously!

I guess my full online name when I use Cerise is "Cerise Lumiere" (because Cerise de l'Aube's a bit of a bitch to use in a URL).  Lumiere was selected as my last name is Light.  Hence "Reflecting Lights" being the name of my blog.  I suppose Reflecting Light might be more appropriate, but I'm still hoping to get Paradox to write a little on it sometime too, so Lights rather than Light.  The R also represents my first initial--as well as Paradox's.  That was unintentional though.  I think.  emot-confused

#34 | Back to Top07-14-2007 09:07:20 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Joining in the chorus - We miss you, Yasha!

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#35 | Back to Top07-14-2007 09:47:11 AM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I hate my last name. It's a boy's name, yet it's used as a last name. I'd rather use my mother's maiden name. Both last names make my heritage pretty obvious, since my father's last name is Italian, and my mother's is Irish.

I've never liked my first name all that much either, which is why I like to go by the nickname, "Razara," even though people don't call me it in real life. I used to use the name Laura, since it's my favorite girl's name, but once again, people never actually called me it in real life. But since it's a modern name, that's why I had to choose something else for that game.

#36 | Back to Top07-14-2007 12:09:14 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

I love Aphex Twin.  Drukqs is the name of my favourite album by him...so yeah.  It doesn't really mean anything according to him...it's just a really weird word.  But I liked the sound of it for some reason school-devil  It's also one of my oldest handles; been using it for about 4 or 5 years now.

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#37 | Back to Top07-14-2007 12:37:48 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I've been wondering for a while, how do you pronounce "Drukqs?"

#38 | Back to Top07-14-2007 12:43:36 PM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

I think my name itself is self-explanatory enough. Just cut it into two parts: Tenjou and Sailorsaturn. They are my favorite anime characters.

I have a few other names also, like : Lady_poetess, Poetic Love. But this one, for the recent years, is the most frequent one that come up in my mind. Yet, sometimes I wish that I could change my username in some places. Perhaps I'm starting to get tired of my current name? I might use the other two names in some other places.
So, one day, if you really see those other names on the net, it'll usually be me. (80%)

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#39 | Back to Top07-14-2007 12:54:29 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

I too just use my real first name. emot-biggrin

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#40 | Back to Top07-14-2007 01:08:08 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

That's because you have a cool one.

#41 | Back to Top07-14-2007 06:22:52 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I've been wondering for a while, how do you pronounce "Drukqs?"

Not entirely sure...I'd like to think that it's 'Trucks' with a D in place of T, but I've never heard him actually say it, so I can't be sure ._.

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#42 | Back to Top07-14-2007 07:41:31 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

That's what I was thinking, silent q.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#43 | Back to Top07-14-2007 08:52:36 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

AnjitheArtist wrote:

Okay, lamest explanation ever

Angela D. Savage
        into
Anji the Beast

emot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl*SHOT*

I'll explain the real reasoning when I am not tired.

Okay, so I noticed that I needed a more personal sounding S/N for Deviantart and for my Art in general.

Then, as a joke, my boyfriend and I sat down an figured what I would be in the original WOD. We figured that I would be a Bastet or a Werecat.

Also, I tend to stalk things, growl, go "MOW/MROW!" to get someone's attention.

So Angela D. Savage became AnjitheBeast.

And because I am a dork, I forgot that I used the "AnjitheArtist" variant for this forum, which was originally an e-mail. emot-rofl *SHOT AGAIN*

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#44 | Back to Top07-14-2007 08:55:40 PM

Sevelle
Yaoi Pet #2

Simple enough, the Spanish city of Seville. Only I missed spelled it during an examination and it always stuck. Sevelle just sounds cool anyways.

Pronounced:

Sévéllé

Rhymes with trebuchet!

sometimes you make me feel
like I’m living at the edge of the world
"it's just the way I smile"
you said

#45 | Back to Top07-14-2007 09:28:07 PM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Come back soon, Yasha! emot-smile And please impart the wisdom from the god of numbers!!!

My nickname: I was a giant Madonna Fan! My first internet experience was a Madonna message board. We were all anxiously awaiting the Ray of Light album. The first single released was Frozen. But because Frozen and all its variations were taken, I choose a slight resemblance by choosing Frosty & tacked on the fact that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas time with a passion. So it seemed to fit. I know all the words to Frosty the Snowman by heart! Although it has been my internet calling card for 10+ years, it's not a name that anyone has ever called me IRL.

My emails were always variations of "Frosty" as it wouldn't ever be available: frostybaby13(at)everymailbox. I chose 13 because it's a traditionally unlucky number, and I wanted to make the statement that you make you own luck in life. Interestingly enough, when I was a teenager my email was "frostylady" but when I became an adult, I used "frostybaby". Anyone secretly avoiding the aging experience? emot-biggrin

My real name Rachel is so boring, I constantly think of other things to be called! I'd rather be BITCHFACE, you know? Actually I have a passion for nicknames, and it's no sooner than I meet a new face and that person has suddenly been dubbed a special something by yours truly.

Sidenote: Somewhere along the line I began throwing out "silhouette" as a possible addition to Frosty. THAT was the nickname of the first and only person, a total stranger, who ever sent me nudie shots through my email! (and tried to convince me to do the same, we became quite friendly) What can I say? That introduction made quite an impression! emot-rofl

PS - Stormcrow, MYGOD, I do the same thing with sticking my nose into problems! I'm addicted to it! It would be cool if my actions actually made a difference rather than messing things up further. And of course, I use my religion as a reason to justify my behavior and feel quite righteous when doing so! There is no hope for me! emot-frown

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#46 | Back to Top07-15-2007 01:30:39 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

All right, from now on I will pronounce Drukqs like "trucks" with a D. And Sevelle, you have educated me. I always pronounced it like "Seville" but with an E instead. Never again!

And Frosty? Frozen is my favorite Madonna song.

#47 | Back to Top07-15-2007 02:15:48 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Sevelle wrote:

Simple enough, the Spanish city of Seville. Only I missed spelled it during an examination and it always stuck. Sevelle just sounds cool anyways.

Pronounced:

Sévéllé

Rhymes with trebuchet!

So Sevelle is pronounced Chev - vair - zay?

#48 | Back to Top07-15-2007 02:45:53 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Wow.. I don't remember if there was already a thread like this at not.. But I'll just copy and paste my usual response to this question.

In high school, my friends and I were walking from our regular school to our art school, and I was very awake and hyper, while my friend Sarah was really sleepy. I kept bouncing up and down and going "Wake up!" and she murmured something about me being a "Sleep Dept Fairy.." Of course, I had NO idea what she meant, but I didn't ask. emot-biggrin; She meant Sleep Dept as in Sleep Deprivation. But when I started getting online again, I misspelled it and put "SleepDebtFairy".. only to realize later what it really meant. I kept the misspelling.

#49 | Back to Top07-15-2007 03:50:12 AM

_ J _
Manly and Buxom = Manxome

hmm, how simple can my name be?

Incidentally, I went and dug around that name generator that Lady N put out...I have cool names.

According to the Red Book of Westmarch,
In Middle-earth, Jason Oscar was a
Overgrown Cave-Troll

Elven Name Possibilities for Jason Oscar
The root name suitable for feminine and masculine is:
Saurfang
Another masculine version is:
Saurfangion
More feminine versions are:
Saurfangiel
Saurfangien
Saurfangwen

Hobbit lad name for Jason Oscar
Bandobras Tussle from Deephallow
Hobbit lass name for Jason Oscar
Melilot Tussle from Deephallow

Dwarven Name for Jason Oscar
Kili Redfist
This name is for both genders.

Orkish Name for Jason Oscar
Skrahûr the Horrible
This name is for both genders.

Adûnaic name for Jason Oscar
Kuzunrasdam

I will always be here to listen, the question is, whether or not you can hear...

Proptre Qua Dictum

#50 | Back to Top07-15-2007 11:45:29 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Saurfang is an awesome name. You should have yours changed to it.

Board footer