This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-02-2010 10:11:48 AM

Maruku
New Student

Utena characters and their star signs...

Do you share a star sign with one Utena character?

Nanami Kiryuu and I are both Leos. She's 8/8 and I'm 10/8. And I must admit we're a bit alike as well. ;)

LOVE being LEO by the way. emot-tongue Such a glamorous and fierce star sign. etc-love

Last edited by Maruku (04-02-2010 10:17:52 AM)

#2 | Back to Top04-03-2010 09:57:35 AM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Re: Utena characters and their star signs...

I am a Libra and so is Chigusa if that counts at all...

Last edited by winksniper (04-03-2010 09:57:51 AM)

#3 | Back to Top04-03-2010 10:19:46 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Akio and I are Virgos which is weird because only half of the Virgo stereotype is true about both of us. I'd say we're both analytical, but  neither of us are obsessively neat or uptight. Then again, maybe Akio spends hours vaccuming his home when nobody's looking. emot-biggrin

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#4 | Back to Top04-03-2010 12:45:52 PM

Ruggahissy
Ballgoer

I've got the same birthday as Mitsuru. Both Cancers. I don't think we're very much alike, but I suppose we're both emotional.

#5 | Back to Top04-03-2010 01:00:59 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Juri and I are both Sag.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#6 | Back to Top04-03-2010 04:23:26 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I don't see any Scorpios in the main cast, which is oddly unsurprising considering the simplified perception of them.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#7 | Back to Top04-03-2010 04:36:42 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Hey.  Ima Libra.

I think that means I match Keiko?

Except I act nothing like a libra.

But we do both have a nasty habit of putting others before ourselves to the point of resenting said others, of never acting on our real desires and thoughts and then blaming the resulting misfortunes and frustrations on those people.  Is that a libra thing?

#8 | Back to Top04-03-2010 04:41:52 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

If I remember correctly, Miki and Touga are both Gemini--which I am. emot-tongue Of course, Miki and Kozue being a Gemini is a little too apt. Miki certainly fulfills the creative and loving to learn aspects of the sign.

I would have pegged Touga as a better Leo than Nanami, who I'd see more as a Virgo. But Touga as a Gemini still works. He's persuasive and always struck me as easily bored.

Hat Mafia Member

#9 | Back to Top04-03-2010 04:57:15 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Hey.  Ima Libra.

But we do both have a nasty habit of putting others before ourselves to the point of resenting said others, of never acting on our real desires and thoughts and then blaming the resulting misfortunes and frustrations on those people.  Is that a libra thing?

Yes.  Most definitely.
Us Libras hate hurting other people to their faces and will put on a smile on throughout any resentment we might be feeling because we try so hard to be on everyone's good side.

#10 | Back to Top04-03-2010 07:34:42 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Astrology threads, my favorite!

My sun sign is Pisces but I'm nothing like Wakaba and Anthy. While they can hide their feelings, I start smoldering. I'm sure bystanders have seen steam coming out of my ears.

#11 | Back to Top04-04-2010 07:36:26 AM

Cherry
Mikage Mistruster
Website

I'm a Leo, like Nanami. I was born on the 9th August, so I'm a day after her. I'm not sure how much like Nanami I am. Hopefully not -too- much! xD I think we both have that terrible Leo temper, but other than that, I actually think she's more subtle and calculating than me.
Strangely enough, there's a princess who's birthday is on the same day as Nanami, 8th August. That's a cute coinsidence!

I never know what to write here..

#12 | Back to Top04-04-2010 09:24:44 AM

Hanayome
Miki Molester

Utena and I are both Capricorns, but we have very little in common.
On the other hand, aside from the stubborness, I don't think she has very much of the typical Capricorn.emot-confused Aren't Capricorns supposed to be very practical and down-to-earth people?

#13 | Back to Top04-04-2010 11:43:35 AM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Utena and I are Capricorns.  To say it yet again. emot-tongue

I felt I identified with her to some extent when first watching.  I admire her character and think of her as providing an example and serving as a role-model which I would be wise to emulate to some extent. 

We both like boy clothes without looking like boys. 

A lot a like except I am quiet (usually.  I can be loud, too), less dense on more intellectual matters, and I am more cunning in a plotting way.  And I don't voluntarily engage in sports.  And I suck at basketball.

I think her determination, single-mindedness, and sense of honor and honesty is pretty stereotypical cappy sign-ishness, to go by cliche astrology.

Last edited by spoon-san (04-04-2010 11:44:32 AM)

#14 | Back to Top04-06-2010 02:25:06 PM

eleutheria
Saionji Slapper

Maruku wrote:

Nanami Kiryuu and I are both Leos. She's 8/8 and I'm 10/8. And I must admit we're a bit alike as well. ;)

I'm 10/8 too! emot-aaa

It would be lying to say I don't have melodramatic moods like Nanami. Or that her outfit ~her style~ ~her elegance~ don't impress me. XD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/maelicia/banner-together1.jpg
"What I'm doing now is taking back what I used to be... I've taken back what I was."

#15 | Back to Top04-06-2010 02:50:58 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Hey.  Ima Libra.

I think so. Because that's totally my mom, and she's a Libra. Gahh.

I'm a Scorpio, and as far as I know, no Utena scorpios. I almost thought Mikage was one but he's actually Sag. right?

Since Ruka doesn't have a birthday listed can we just pretend he's a Scorpio?

I hate my sign though.

#16 | Back to Top04-06-2010 09:48:56 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my soul has studied at the same altar of Piscean knowledge that Wakaba and Anthy have.

Epee can tell you, I've had some pretty epic Passive Aggressive moments and some pretty epic blowups that no one saw coming.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#17 | Back to Top04-06-2010 09:55:28 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death

i'm aries... i guess like kanae ohtori... i don't even know what aries means... but yeah sure... anyone wanna explain?

#18 | Back to Top04-07-2010 12:39:40 AM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Frau Eva wrote:

If I remember correctly, Miki and Touga are both Gemini--which I am. emot-tongue Of course, Miki and Kozue being a Gemini is a little too apt. Miki certainly fulfills the creative and loving to learn aspects of the sign.

I would have pegged Touga as a better Leo than Nanami, who I'd see more as a Virgo. But Touga as a Gemini still works. He's persuasive and always struck me as easily bored.

You kidding? Of course Nanami is a Leo. XD When she's not concerned for big brother, she's declaring her superiority! The confidence of Leos are bother their good and bad points at times. emot-rolleyes

I don't really know the character's birthdays, but I'm an Aquarius, if that means anything. I don't have most of the characters pegged for Aquarius, though. They're all too concerned with things people aught to be concerned with, and not nearly concerned with earlobes, and what-not.

Yes, I did it because I was bored. So?

#19 | Back to Top04-07-2010 07:25:46 AM

eleutheria
Saionji Slapper

Aya wrote:

The confidence of Leos are bother their good and bad points at times. emot-rolleyes

Yes... *is a Leo* emot-rolleyes

Aya wrote:

I don't really know the character's birthdays, but I'm an Aquarius, if that means anything.

That would be Shiori's sign. school-eng101

"What I'm doing now is taking back what I used to be... I've taken back what I was."

#20 | Back to Top04-07-2010 07:10:22 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I'm a Virgo along with Saionji(8/25) and Akio(9/15). Not that I really believe that's Akio's birthday, just like I don't really believe Anthy's a leap year baby. I think it's a bit too convenient that they end up sharing a zodiac sign with the very people that trust them the least, Wakaba and Saionji.

Since Ruka doesn't have a birthday listed can we just pretend he's a Scorpio?

His birthday is actually January 23, making him a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp. The only reason I remember this is because it's 4 days before Sailor Uranus' birthday, and the whole Ruka/Haruka thing is filled with hilarity.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#21 | Back to Top04-07-2010 07:23:29 PM

eleutheria
Saionji Slapper

Raven Nightshade wrote:

and the whole Ruka/Haruka thing is filled with hilarity.

Oooh, how these two wouldn't like each other. D:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/maelicia/uranusswordp.gif

emot-rofl

#22 | Back to Top04-07-2010 11:45:11 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

eleutheria wrote:

That would be Shiori's sign. school-eng101

B-but Shiori is psycho. emot-gonk I DON'T WANT TO BE SHIORI!!!

Actually, scarily enough, I've been in almost the same exact situation she was in...
(I started dating my friends ex, who I thought she was still in love with, and she got mad. I thought it was because she wanted him back, but she actually liked me. emot-aaa)

Raven Nightshade wrote:

His birthday is actually January 23, making him a Capricorn/Aquarius cusp. The only reason I remember this is because it's 4 days before Sailor Uranus' birthday, and the whole Ruka/Haruka thing is filled with hilarity.

This is far enough along to actually be Aquarius. The only time most astrologers consider on the cusp is the 20th, and maybe a little into the 21st. (I know, 'cause I was born 1/20, a little in the Aquarius zone.)

Last edited by Aya (04-07-2010 11:51:48 PM)

#23 | Back to Top04-08-2010 11:52:22 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Aww, no Utena Scorpios.

So that makes Shiori and Ruka both Aquarius? For some reason that amuses me.

#24 | Back to Top04-08-2010 01:08:25 PM

Aya
Unfulfilled Juror

Somehow I feel like we Aquarius folk got sattled with the really crazy ones... But maybe that's just what they wanted me to think...emot-confused

#25 | Back to Top04-19-2010 08:12:21 AM

jmie5
Precious One

Raven Nightshade wrote:

I'm a Virgo along with Saionji(8/25) and Akio(9/15). Not that I really believe that's Akio's birthday, just like I don't really believe Anthy's a leap year baby. I think it's a bit too convenient that they end up sharing a zodiac sign with the very people that trust them the least, Wakaba and Saionji.

All right, another virgo!  Raven, not Akio. etc-love  I don't know, I can believe Akio is a virgo, at least, but I'm not sure about his birthday being 9/15 (if only because that's mine.) Though maybe it does explain why, when I got my little mid-90's Honda, I gleefully put the iPod on full blast on the passenger seat to play Akio's Car while night cruisin', though I kept my eye on the road. emot-redface  It's possible that Akio is just corrupted, in general, but I've met a wide, wide variety of virgos, and my guess best would be that maybe his underwear don't need to be so orderly and tight as his control over other things needs to keep those pawns of his.

Saionji as a Libra is just hilarious, if only because their sign is the scales.  I love poor, out-of-whack Saionji almost more than anyone else on this show and often wonder exactly what happened to that sweet little boy.  I did some BS research (I'm mostly a fan, not sure on all the details.)  If the manga began in 1996 and the anime in 1997, and Saionji is seventeen, that would give him a birthdate of 1979 or 1980.  I found a zodiac guide to love and sex for that first year and the latter and just read on for giggles.

1979: You want to share share all with your mate, but you want some private space, too.  There are times when you need to be alone and times when you need to spend every waking moment with your beloved.  With you, there's no predicting what your mood will be--keeping a partner on his or her toes! . . . If you are a male Libran born in 1979 you need a woman who leaves sexy notes on your pillow and welcomes you home with French or Italian meals from her hands or the gourmet store . . . As a female Libran . . . your perfect guy is an ambitious man who is regal and prince-like in his demeanor and who treats you like a queen, especially in public.  He is generous and ultra-respectful and giving towards your family and his own.  At home, he is simply tender, sweet, and even-tempered.

1980: . . . your relationship must be dynamic and exciting.  You believe in trusting and sharing, preferring a relationship in which both partners give each other space . . . Passion and chemistry are two other veyr significant joys of your relationship.  You need to feel it's exciting!  Otherwise, you couldn't make sense of why you were there.  You most readily respond to a partner whopattractive and sexy, and enjoy an obvious sexual attraction from the moment you meet.  Being invited to aplay or some other theatrical event is a great way to kick things off.

Last edited by jmie5 (04-19-2010 08:16:44 AM)

Board footer