This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-13-2014 07:46:58 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The Puzzle Called Revolution

Happy Valentine's Day!  For your pleasure, I have constructed a suite of six SKU-themed word puzzles.  These are one-of-a-kind puzzles and riddles; you've never seen anything quite like them before, and part of the puzzle is figuring out what the puzzle is.  The object of the game is to find the answer to the last puzzle -- but to do that, you'll want to have solved the previous five.  I've done some tinkering since the last time I tried something like this.  I think you'll find the results... interesting.  emot-smile

I'll post a new puzzle every couple of days.  They'll go in the Shaved Ice Lounge to avoid getting in the way of conversations here, but this thread will index them.  They're meant to be solved collaboratively -- talk them out, bounce ideas around, have fun!  Here are the puzzles released so far:

- Soul Swords  [Solved!  Solution: [     CANCER     ]]
- Fairy Tales  [Solved!  Solution: [      ARMADA     ]]
- Unhealthy Obsessions  [Solved!  Solution: [     STAR TREK    ]]
- Spinning Roses  [Solved!  Solution: [THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE]]
- Duel Chorus  [Solved!  Solution: [WALLACE SHAWN]]
- The Duel Called Revolution  [SOLVED!]
Questions?  Comments?  Put them here!  And have a blast emot-biggrin

Last edited by satyreyes (03-01-2014 10:07:53 AM)

#2 | Back to Top02-14-2014 05:14:32 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: The Puzzle Called Revolution

This is awesome! emot-dance

However I suck at puzzles on an epic, IQ-insulting scale. So I'll spend the rest of my shift trying to work this out now. emot-mad

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top02-15-2014 11:18:41 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The second puzzle is up!  This one's a little different.  Think creatively and enjoy your fairy tales!

#4 | Back to Top02-17-2014 11:22:13 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Third puzzle go go go!

#5 | Back to Top02-19-2014 11:46:25 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Fourth puzzle is up!  This one has instructions emot-aaa  And colors!!

#6 | Back to Top02-21-2014 10:30:46 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

A fifth puzzle appears!  This is the second-to-last puzzle; the final puzzle will use the answers from all the previous ones.  The fourth puzzle is also still unsolved, and you can help!

#7 | Back to Top02-23-2014 06:34:43 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The sixth and final puzzle is up!  In spite of what Akio says, you can solve it without having all five previous answers first if you're clever, but the more answers you have, the easier it will be.  Two previous puzzles remain unsolved: Spinning Roses, which is coming along nicely but still needs your help, and Duel Chorus, which no one has posted in yet -- take a look and see if anything rings a bell.

#8 | Back to Top03-01-2014 05:39:47 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

satyreyes wrote:

The sixth and final puzzle is up!  In spite of what Akio says, you can solve it without having all five previous answers first if you're clever, but the more answers you have, the easier it will be.  Two previous puzzles remain unsolved: Spinning Roses, which is coming along nicely but still needs your help, and Duel Chorus, which no one has posted in yet -- take a look and see if anything rings a bell.

All five puzzles leading up to the final puzzle are now solved!  All that remains is that sixth puzzle, which involves some fencing.  Good luck!   emot-dance

#9 | Back to Top03-01-2014 10:07:29 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Flah has solved the overpuzzle!  Congratulations!  poptart  And lots of people helped, especially on the earlier puzzles -- Crystalline_Dream, Snow, Yasha, TheOnlyFlorence, crystalwren, and zeedikay (who soloed Duel Chorus).  And still more of you didn't post but took a look and maybe gave it some thought.  To all of you, thanks for playing!  etc-love

Board footer