This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top12-03-2014 10:58:23 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Re: First song on guitar

Thanks! I am going to continue. I have been doing some practice today and it is going take some more work. Plus, I intend to add a treble clef to harmonize the melody that is in the bass.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

#27 | Back to Top12-04-2014 05:58:02 AM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

Yusaku ganbareeeeee emot-biggrin

the music school is doing a small "concert" with all students participating (me included) so parents will see the progress of their kids emot-tongue and general advertising etc

so I'm going to play Zettai, on stage next saturday, I will try having my friend taking a vid of me playing emot-tongue
my teacher said I'm the only one totally prepared for the concert ahhahahah

まずここでこのオスカル・フランソワの命をたってからにされるがよい!

#28 | Back to Top12-04-2014 07:25:34 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

I look forward to seeing you play Zettai. I should have my cello version of Sunlit Garden up before this Sunday. It is encouraging to know that your are playing concerts again. I will try to pick up the pace on posting my musical projects. I think something every week would be a good start. I already have a list of songs after posting my first version of the Sunlit Garden this Sunday. The following week I will add some more notes to harmonize the melody in the bass; or, I may just pick another song to play. Keep up the good work Karuka!

#29 | Back to Top12-14-2014 01:14:11 AM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

Why finally did the little "concert" in the music school emot-tongue
I received couple of head banging's from the elderly emot-roflemot-rofl

I don't really experience stage fright since I have stage experience with the band, but I did got a bit of shaky hands I admit going up there emot-tongue
but I recovered fast
here's the video of me performed Zettai unmei mokushiroku

funny fact, on the program sheet (that had the name of the kid performing and the name of the song) they wrote mokushiroku wrong AHAAHAHHA
it is one of those moments you want to say: "you had ONE job" but I didn't I just laughed my ass off emot-tongue

emot-roflemot-roflemot-rofl

#30 | Back to Top12-14-2014 11:12:53 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Do paranoid androids dream of electric apocalypses?

Rockin'.  http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i117/satyreyes/rock-out-emoticon_zpsbds03ehe.gif

#31 | Back to Top12-14-2014 12:36:48 PM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

satyreyes wrote:

Do paranoid androids dream of electric apocalypses?

Lol what?

#32 | Back to Top12-14-2014 01:17:30 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Heheh, sorry.  I'm playing with the title of the classic sci-fi novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?", maybe better known as the source material for the film Blade Runner.  And I thought, what kind of android dreams of electric apocalypses instead of electric sheep?  Well, a paranoid one, I guess, which seemed fitting since we're talking about (admittedly a different vein of) rock music.  emot-redface

#33 | Back to Top12-14-2014 04:12:24 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Karuka that was a nice performance! I almost got the Sunlit garden ready to post I will have it done by next Sunday. I almost got the notes memorized I just have to smooth out the timing and intonation. I am in thumb position on the cello for part of the song, and my instructor has helped me get my intonation consistent in the higher octave.

Again I would like to say nice performance!

Last edited by yusaku (12-14-2014 04:14:30 PM)

#34 | Back to Top12-21-2014 06:44:28 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

I just re-edited the song a little on Finale Songwriter. My instructor urged me to replace the higher octave down in two places to make the song more playable for me. Any way here is the new edit of Sunlit Garden version 1.4!

https://soundcloud.com/alias-adrian/sunlit-garden4

#35 | Back to Top12-24-2014 09:35:03 AM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

yusaku wrote:

I just re-edited the song a little on Finale Songwriter. My instructor urged me to replace the higher octave down in two places to make the song more playable for me. Any way here is the new edit of Sunlit Garden version 1.4!

https://soundcloud.com/alias-adrian/sunlit-garden4

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

your playing is great, and it sounds so perfect in that tone and on cello

1000 omedetou!!!!

Last edited by Karuka (12-24-2014 09:35:25 AM)

#36 | Back to Top12-25-2014 09:53:06 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

emot-keke

#37 | Back to Top12-25-2014 08:28:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Yeah, that's really gorgeous! Maybe someday, when I actually know how to play, I'll work on a violin version.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#38 | Back to Top12-28-2014 01:02:42 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

I will gladly write an easy to play violin version of the "Sunlit Garden" for you in advance. emot-keke

I listen to this lady to find violin pieces I can transpose down to bass clef for cello. Here is one of her violin reviews.

The violin or viola sound great and are so easy to transport. I was thinking of learning to play violin after another year of cello lessons because they are so portable and are treble clef instruments. Yet, keep in mind there are EIGHT hand positions to learn the entire fingerboard. You will be fine learning just one position. Yet I think you could learn all eight positions in three year with the aid of a teacher. Here is a video to get you started.

This video gives you a overview of ALL of the violin positions. The cello positions must be come part of muscle memory and the violin positions are learned exactly the same way. Diligent practice of fifteen minutes to a half hour the first three to six months should get well on your way.

#39 | Back to Top01-02-2015 05:05:04 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

That's so cool, thank you for the videos! Right now I'm just mucking around, trying to figure out what I remember from eons ago when I first learned, which is turning out to be quite a bit. If you want to write a violin version of Sunlit Garden, it would probably go on my practice list immediately... but right now I'm still in the scales/arpeggios phase. emot-keke

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#40 | Back to Top01-02-2015 12:49:04 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

I will get working on a couple of easy to play violin versions for you. It should take about a week.  I should be done by the 11th of this month with both versions. I got to run them by my instructor a couple of times first.

I want you to try the modified version of the song before attempting the more difficult direct translation of the song. There is a octave jump I will omit in version one. The second version will have the more literal translation of the song. Both versions will only be a simplified melody line without the harmony or bass clef notes. Got to save something to do for later versions; I am thinking jazz interpetation or duets for later versions.

By the way, we cannot do file transfer on this site. I will have to set up an account some where so you can link to the file. You will need Finale Songwriter  to view the sheet music. The software will allow you to hear a computerized version of the song. You can download a free version here:

https://store.makemusic.com/Downloads/Default.aspx

Last edited by yusaku (01-02-2015 12:56:05 PM)

#41 | Back to Top01-02-2015 10:13:17 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Oh wow emot-gonk

The polite part of me wants to say "you really don't need to go to all this trouble for me!" and the other part is so excited about it that I can't bring myself to be polite.

Thank you so, so much. I can't promise that I'll be any good at it for a long time. The last time I held a violin was almost 25 years ago; I'm starting from nothing here. But I'll try my best!

etc-love

#42 | Back to Top01-03-2015 12:11:34 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

I am glad to help! It took me a year and a half to get to where I could play the sunlit garden.  It is not about arriving at the destination; it is about the journey. The mastery of the Sunlit Garden is just one of the destinations you will arrive at along the way of being a violinist, musician. It is just a matter of getting started. Just learn to enjoy doing the exercises in your violin study book. Enjoy the little successes.

In two years time you could quite easily be intermediate to an advanced player. I will be at the two year mark this coming June 2015. I can almost play the entire "c" octave range on the cello. The key have of C has a four octave range on the cello I can play up to three octaves. I am solidifying the third octave and venturing into learning the fourth octave.

I must add I have a very well trained instructor. My teacher has been playing since he was eight years old and had an undergraduate degree in cello performance. So  getting the best teachers makes all the difference. A thirty minute lesson per week is where I started.

#43 | Back to Top01-03-2015 06:39:44 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I doubt I'll be looking for a teacher for a while, if ever. I don't aspire to anything at all with the violin except to make myself happy, and trust me, that's a high enough bar to reach at the easiest of times. So many of the other things I do because I love them (like the website, for one) are subject to a crowd's scrutiny and criticism; I want to keep this one for me and only share it with the people I choose. Needless to say, you are one of those people, if for no other reason because of your generosity when you barely know me. Again, thank you. I'm more grateful than I can say. etc-love

#44 | Back to Top01-04-2015 08:39:59 PM

yusaku
String Theorist

Thank you! I am willing to wait as long as it takes for you to release a audio or video. Take your time. Yet, in the meantime have a listen at this viola/piano song. I think you will find it inspiring or at least entertaining!

#45 | Back to Top01-05-2015 03:58:09 AM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

more news on Zettai unmei emot-tongue

my friend and I we are going to prepare the song so NHK competition next year XD
my friend has won a price there previously, and she wants another win ahahhahaha so hopefully we will make it happen next year (or at least get one of the 3 prices) if we fail it will go straight on you tube emot-tongue
my friend is an amazing singer and we have done 2 songs together before
I'm a terrible singer lol but we have chemistry hahahahah

Code:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Kmi3G8Tqk

this is one of her best works and she did with me a sailor moon song "nagare boshi e" which you can find in her channel

I'm hopping our attempt to do zettai, to be a bad ass result emot-tongue

Last edited by Karuka (01-05-2015 05:25:52 AM)

#46 | Back to Top01-21-2015 10:45:02 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I must have missed that video-- I love Tifa's theme, and that's a great rendition of it!

Karuka, any news on the zettai front?

#47 | Back to Top01-22-2015 12:51:45 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

I thought you would like that video emot-keke. I will have to find some more.

#48 | Back to Top01-24-2015 04:18:35 AM

Karuka
Electric Apocalypse

Yasha wrote:

Karuka, any news on the zettai front?

we still preparing and it is not going to go out until next year so LOL

Board footer