This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-30-2011 11:08:43 PM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

What weird rituals should everyone undergo?

I think everyone should be forced to have a tarantula crawl across their hands.

#2 | Back to Top07-31-2011 04:53:25 AM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
Website

Re: What weird rituals should everyone undergo?

I would actually enjoy this.

#3 | Back to Top07-31-2011 09:34:59 AM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

It tickles.

#4 | Back to Top08-02-2011 12:42:23 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

I will consider it!

Everyone should have a (non-poisonous) snake crawl on their back - for a massage!

Everyone should have to peel fresh tomatoes and made homemade pizza sauce.

#5 | Back to Top08-02-2011 02:06:35 AM

chrisb
Eternal Eschatologist

Always put on your right shoe first. When I was little I read that it makes you have a better attitude throughout the day. I know it's silly, but it annoys me when I see people put on their left shoe first. I'm so tempted to tell them to correct it emot-rofl

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/clow987/Christmas2011SSSigGift.png

#6 | Back to Top08-02-2011 03:42:27 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

On a cold day, everyone should be made to lean their forehead against window glass for a minimum of 30 seconds.

#7 | Back to Top08-02-2011 05:54:41 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

On days that are really rainy, all appointments should be considered canceled and an impromptu holiday should be declared.  Instead, everyone should stay home and cuddle.  This would, maybe, be more a custom than a ritual.

#8 | Back to Top08-02-2011 01:04:28 PM

Stephen
Rose Bride

satyreyes wrote:

On days that are really rainy, all appointments should be considered canceled and an impromptu holiday should be declared.  Instead, everyone should stay home and cuddle.  This would, maybe, be more a custom than a ritual.

Poor Britain, we'd just stop working entirely. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

#9 | Back to Top08-02-2011 09:39:03 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

That is actually what I ALWAYS want to do every time it rains. Or go out and dance in it.

Everyone should go out and dance in the rain (on a warm enough day) at least once. Particularly if pants-less.

#10 | Back to Top08-03-2011 12:29:35 AM

chrisb
Eternal Eschatologist

Stephen wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Poor Britain, we'd just stop working entirely. Not that I'm complaining, of course.

Oh man I can't stop smiling and chuckling. That is just too true emot-rofl

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/clow987/Christmas2011SSSigGift.png

#11 | Back to Top08-03-2011 01:34:47 PM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

I think we should party when it rains. Of course, I live with my parents in Tucson when I'm not away for school, so rain is kind of a big deal. I also thing we should all yell at people who complain about it raining if they live in the desert. Seriously, we've been in a drought since I was born and people complain when it rains.

#12 | Back to Top08-03-2011 02:38:14 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Overlord Magnus, I totally agree with the tarantula thing. My mom kept a tarantula as a pet and I thought that was awesome of her. I only wish the last one wasn't something of a snit, because if she (it was a female) were nicer towards the family (she liked to flick hairs at us when we opened the cage) I'd have willingly let her crawl all over my hand. And arm. And anywhere she'd have been willing to crawl over. Except my dad said that if the tarantula was out of her cage he was out of the house. :/

CausalityStar, I hear you about the rain in Arizona. I live in Yuma, so I know what a drought is like. What I don't like about it is that it always gets really humid with the heat, and the clouds are full of water and everything, perfect nimbus clouds...and they pass us by with nary a drop on the ground. Pisses me off. I LIKE RAIN, DAMMIT. emot-mad

As far as contributing to the thread? I think everybody should be pegged with a snowball at least once in their lives. And building on that, everybody should have at least one snowball go down their shirts in their lives.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#13 | Back to Top08-04-2011 07:48:34 AM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I think everyone should go to a convention in a costume (bonus if face paint or weird contacts are involved), then when lunchtime comes around leave in a group to the nearest food court get lunch.

Did this with my boyfriend and a friend at wizard world a few years back, awesomest awesome ever.

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#14 | Back to Top08-04-2011 01:24:06 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Wait.... WTF is rain? emot-confused

Man, if it DRIZZLES, we call emergency and everyone goes on terror holiday and stays home.

#15 | Back to Top08-05-2011 06:05:48 PM

Overlord Morgus
Banned

Everyone should build a fire.

#16 | Back to Top08-05-2011 06:22:53 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

allegoriest wrote:

Wait.... WTF is rain? emot-confused

Man, if it DRIZZLES, we call emergency and everyone goes on terror holiday and stays home.

They do that? I wish people around here would do that, but noooo. They just get stupider than usual on the road. Like THEY'VE never seen rain before. And most of them come from the northern states, winter visitors that end up moving here, so I'm always thinking "WTF? You KNOW what rain is, assholes! emot-mad " But nobody ever drives safely here anyway, so I'm always wanting to shoot massive fireballs into people going too fast or tailgating us.

God I wish I could cast Firaga on these people.

Speaking of fire, I like the build-a-fire thing too. My only problem is that I'd wanna end up burning things in it that weren't meant to be burned. :/

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#17 | Back to Top08-08-2011 02:37:24 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I think we should have a holiday when everyone smiles at a stranger. Everybody likes to be smiled at, right?

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#18 | Back to Top08-10-2011 01:08:14 AM

CausalityStar
Caretaker

@BioKraze

Yeah, I totally sympathize with you. And it really sucks when it's humid because my Dad only owns a swamp cooler and not an air-conditioner. My Mom has air-conditioning, but the bad thing is that she smokes in the house. And she smokes like two packs a day.

I didn't know that everyone sucked at driving in Yuma too! Maybe it's a state of Arizona thing because the traffic is bad in Flagstaff too. I haven't really drove around their much since I only barrow my Dad's car when I'm home; I don't own my own car. I did almost get hit by a car once. The driver was speeding while trying to turn left, so of course they didn't bother to check if there were people in the crosswalk.

But yeah, people determinately can't drive in the rain, or drive period. When it rains, it's like everyone either drives way too slow or way to fast. Those speed limit signs are there for a reason! I don't have trouble driving in the rain and I grew up in Tucson; so people from the states where there isn't a drought all the time should be able to do it.

Board footer